Stock photos now available for all members

george

@george That´s great, as it will inform many who not been using Pixabay about the free images they provide. However, as they have free images normally, that I have been using on many other websites already that does not partner with them. Is it any special extras? Like more free images just for Asean Now members included because of the "partnership" you announce? Or is it only a way to spread the information of already existing free images to a broader audience?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

@george That´s great, as it will inform many who not been using Pixabay about the free images they provide. However, as they have free images normally, that I have been using on many other websites already that does not partner with them. Is it any special extras? Like more free images just for Asean Now members included because of the "partnership" you announce? Or is it only a way to spread the information of already existing free images to a broader audience?

We have a special deal with them, about 4 million free pics. I can’t go into details here.

More surprises soon!

Is it just my PC or are others having a hard time seeing the stock photos due to pop-up ads?

See attached screenshot. Using Windows 10.

image.png.eb302d5490237503c1fff6d42ffb1dfc.png

Edited by bbko
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, bbko said:

Is it just my PC or are others having a hard time seeing the stock photos due to pop-up ads?

See attached screenshot. Using Windows 10.

image.png.eb302d5490237503c1fff6d42ffb1dfc.png

A bug!

Thanks for screenshot. I’ve sent a report to the developer. 🙏

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

So now we do not need to compose a subject or answer by using Chat GPT, or take a photo to illustrate it now. 

Could be coming towards the end of my membership. Don't all clap at once! 555

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, george said:

We have a special deal with them, about 4 million free pics. I can’t go into details here.

More surprises soon!

How long before we get posts saying 'Ooh this is my favourite of the 4 million photos'. 

Stop it now and only allow photos taken personally by the poster. Please!

I admit that I have posted You Tube videos in answer to posts, but only where appropriate. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Love It 1

34 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

How long before we get posts saying 'Ooh this is my favourite of the 4 million photos'. 

Stop it now and only allow photos taken personally by the poster. Please!

I admit that I have posted You Tube videos in answer to posts, but only where appropriate. 

Will this be another version of false advertsng or even lies?

37 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

See it has started. Post a photo with a 'funny' caption. Get your reputation points up.

Or make 4 posts in a row, rumour is those rep points can be cashed in for drinks at the annual AN Christmas party, 555

4 minutes ago, bbko said:

Or make 4 posts in a row, rumour is those rep points can be cashed in for drinks at the annual AN Christmas party, 555

Hosted bt BigNob, Bob Smith and the Scouser. 555

With guest appearances by Gamma ad Georgia.

And Speaker of the House, Lord George, founder, followed by Mr Cheesyman.

Edited by KannikaP

12 hours ago, KannikaP said:

You can see this sort of thing anywhere on You Tube or iPlayer.

Soon the forum will be full of photos, just like this one.

That's a pretty cool photo, though that could have been taken in a pet shop.

Don't know why anyone would want to use someone else's photo, unless absolutely necessary.  And really should credit (as I have) the photographer if & when posting.  

I'd hate to see the forum full of stock photos, as if wanting to see, I'll just search myself.  With 10s of 1000s of my own photos, that's highly unlikely.

18 hours ago, champers said:

Are there any pics of mucky women to drool over?

Probably the one thing that there will never be a shortage of on the internet!

Personally, I have been struck by the many videos of the young ladies of the IDF who keep popping up on my Facebook feed. It must take a great deal of effort to look so casually gorgeous in combat kit!

Edited by herfiehandbag