Soi Buakhao planned to be changed to one way

scubascuba3

On 11/9/2023 at 9:36 AM, foreverlomsak said:

Can agree with this view.

On  2 sides of my daughters school the roads are one way, resulting in a clockwise rotation, despite signs saying no entry and school staff & students trying to direct traffic round they are just ignored, by a lot of school staff also who instead of following the one way just drive against the traffic flow expecting those controlling traffic to give them priority and of course the mandatory Wai to the senior.

Even traffic police officers have problems with motorbikes ignoring the one way and their stop instructions.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, mostcurious said:

Soi Buakhao is getting more busy with traffic and pedestrians. It needs to made one way. Also add some 20 mph traffic signs.

You can put up as many warning lights, signs up as you like but they need to be enforced, crossing outside the school flashing lights warning drivers, do they ever slow down or stop, no. I use pedestrian crossings regularly with traffic control, some drivers stop some don’t, bikes tend not to, you forget this is Thailand.where they laws but rarely are they enforced even the wearing of crash hats.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

After seeing how great the soi Dianna and soi Honey transition to one-way works this can't happen fast enough.

I was in a soi Bukhao bar last week and I couldn't believe two delivery trucks parked opposite each other leaving barely enough room for a pick-up to get through. It was absolute chaos for 10-15 minutes until one truck left. At least being one-way would stop that

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

After seeing how great the soi Dianna and soi Honey transition to one-way works this can't happen fast enough.

I was in a soi Bukhao bar last week and I couldn't believe two delivery trucks parked opposite each other leaving barely enough room for a pick-up to get through. It was absolute chaos for 10-15 minutes until one truck left. At least being one-way would stop that

Yeah they should do it now ahead of high season

7 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Not necessarily! 

Just because the street is one way, doesn't stop 2 trucks parking opposite each other.

The only difference would be that they'd both be facing the same direction........being Thailand even that isn't guaranteed!  😲

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, VBF said:

Not necessarily! 

Just because the street is one way, doesn't stop 2 trucks parking opposite each other.

The only difference would be that they'd both be facing the same direction........being Thailand even that isn't guaranteed!  😲

There's a huge difference. With 2 trucks parked opposite there was 2 way traffic trying to get through one lane open so chaos. If it's one-way then only one lane of traffic is going through one lane open

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Not necessarily! 

Currently if that big oblong coca cola lorry is delivering the road is stuck

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If they are serious about making it one way they should introduce delivery times for businesses for trucks albeit would anyone take any notice ?

With one way, delivery times are less important 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

There's a huge difference. With 2 trucks parked opposite there was 2 way traffic trying to get through one lane open so chaos. If it's one-way then only one lane of traffic is going through one lane open

I see what you mean....

On 8/3/2024 at 12:28 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Omg all your posts are so negative of Pattaya !

It's obvious your rose tinted glasses have come off 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/3/2024 at 9:28 AM, Pattaya57 said:

How? Instead of facing in opposite directions they would just both be facing the same way and still leaving the same amount of room for other vehicles.

4 minutes ago, champers said:

How? Instead of facing in opposite directions they would just both be facing the same way and still leaving the same amount of room for other vehicles.

I already explained 😀

On 8/3/2024 at 6:12 PM, Pattaya57 said:

7 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I read it, the map indicates there's no change. Buakhao stays 2 way. 2nd Rd one way. Just the connecting sois are affected.

Buakhao one way from Central to Pattaya Tai think I read. On The Pattaya News

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Buakhao one way from Central to Pattaya Tai think I read. On The  Pattaya News

That's confusing. 

Central sits between 2nd and Beach roads. Night Market is opposite Central on 2nd Road and indirectly backs on to Buakhao.

Is that where you mean?

I did a quick search on Pattaya News but cannot find the article - do you have a link?

Edited by VBF

10 minutes ago, VBF said:

That's confusing. 

Central sits between 2nd and Beach roads. Night Market is opposite Central on 2nd Road and indirectly backs on to Buakhao.

Is that where you mean?

I did a quick search on Pattaya News but cannot find the article - do you have a link?

Central road he means, not central shopping cente

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, VBF said:

That's confusing. 

Is that where you mean?

"the committee agreed to continue with the one-way plan and discuss the possibility of implementing additional one-way routes. These include:

Part of Soi Buakhao (from Central Pattaya to South Pattaya)

The connecting sois between Soi Buakhao and Second Road (clockwise direction)

The connecting sois between Soi Buakhao and Third Road (counterclockwise direction)

Soi Lengkee (outgoing towards Third Road)"

https://thepattayanews.com/2024/08/06/pattaya-city-decides-to-continue-one-way-traffic-program-on-soi-honey-and-soi-diana-further-one-way-projects-in-same-area-likely/

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JackGats said:

One way means speeding and more serious accidents. Two-way was what made it only moderately dangerous for pedestrians.

Especially if you're buzzed or drunk walking out of a bar.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I went up Soi Diana the wrong way today, i heard a couple of taxi bikes say no good, i thought that's funny coming from them

Why did you do it? It's been one-way for a long time now and works really well when people follow the law (which 99% seem to be doing on soi Dianna)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why did you do it? It's been one-way for a long time now and works really well when people follow the law (which 99% seem to be doing on soi Dianna)

People think the law doesn’t apply to them.  TIT.  Maybe @scubascuba3 didn’t have an extra 5 minutes to go the long way?  

• Agree 1