Carabao-Red Sun hops into the ring to challenge Thai beer titans Singha and Chang

webfact

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

no need to get so emotional about this. but i dont get...' have this problem not at all' what do you mean?

Not emotional just pointing out a lot of Thai's enjoy a good beer. 

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

. but in over 20 years teaching here every year i ask kids 'what is your favorite food?' 99.99% all answer the same thing. 'I like spicy'

Now teacher can you explain to me what a class of 10-15 year olds has to do with this statement, "thais dont have the finesse, nor the palate to distinguish and enjoy a good beer"? I see no correlation at all. Most teachers would capitalize Thai's as well. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Singha and Chang both taste horrible, I've come to the conclusion that Thai's drink to get drunk, not because they like the taste of beer.

On top of that, I do not understand how Thai people love ice with their beer which further takes away from the beers flavor

1 hour ago, marin said:

Now teacher can you explain to me what a class of 10-15 year olds has to do with this statement, "thais dont have the finesse, nor the palate to distinguish and enjoy a good beer"? I see no correlation at all. Most teachers would capitalize Thai's as well. 

your mixing apples and oranges. calm down and get back to me when you sort your thoughts. 

Most AN respondents don't get one important point - all beers in Thailand are made for Thais not westerners. Alcohol content decreased over 12 years ago to meet the wants of a younger generation of male and female Thais who didn't want to get drunk or fat on 6-7% alcohol (high carb) beer.  Asking if they will make a flat, warm beer for Brits is dreaming. As for making a version of Coors, ahem, why? 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Hey Watson, do you eat food to get fat? If you can't drink alcohol without getting drunk, you might wish to visit your local AA.

There's always alcohol-free beer for those who don't enjoy the buzz. 

11 minutes ago, still kicking said:

To explain my post, I had my avatar taking away by the mods because it contained a picture of a Thai beer.

If you do not like the post for whatever reason you can report it to the mods and see if they take it down.

1 minute ago, Lite Beer said:

If you do not like the post for whatever reason you can report it to the mods and see if they take it down.

You got it wrong I was told by the mods it is illegal to display any type of alcohol and the mods erased it, just ask steven100 he had his profile picture removed because it displayed the former PM 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, still kicking said:

You got it wrong I was told by the mods it is illegal to display any type of alcohol and the mods erased it, just ask steven100 he had his profile picture removed because it displayed the former PM 

Yeah, this whole thread should probably be removed before the RTP shows up and hands everyone a 50,000 baht fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just had one glass Dunkel, and not bad IMO, could give Lao Dark a run for the money. Smooth taste with little bitter aftertaste like a stout.

Don't have Lao dark in the house currently, since it is rarer than hens teeth, but saw some in Tesco'ssssssssssss when I bought the Dunkel so will get one to better compare, but this beer suits me.

Let's try the second glass

• Thumbs Up 1

My wife just returned from the local shop at 7 this morning with the Lager and Dunkel versions, 60 baht each. Don't you just love a wife who brings you beer for breakfast! However, I'll wait for the sun to go down before doing a taste test. Meanwhile, she'll seek out the Weizen and IPA when she goes to Lotus'ssssss and CJ later today.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Will give it a try next time I see one.

SinghaI mostly drink  and Chang are not that bad. Certainly not craft beers, but good enough for general consumption.

I mostly drink Leo but keep both Chang and Singha in my bar refrigerator, along with some of the more expensive , imported beers for when the mood arises . including a Corona  with a slice of lime when I want to delude myself thinking I got class. ,

but 'am no beer snob, After a hot day in the sun I will drink anything. 

• Love It 1