Managing forum toxicity and negativity

george

1 hour ago, bignok said:

The internet is a weird place

It certainly is, when a poster makes two or three word responses to other posters 30 or 40 times on a single thread.

I admire brevity; however, it can be overdone.

3 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

If that is the way you feel, then dont read the comments by Expats (mainly) on the website of the largest English publications in Thailand.

I would say that you should just let it go and not seek to get anyone banned - put them on ignore and you wont see their rubbish - you can do that here - not on that place listed above.

So it's asking a bit much is it to suggest that 'the largest English publications in Thailand' be free of the rampant unchecked anti Thai racism that currently pervades it?

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MisterPooFarty said:

Is calling a clown a clown being abusive? I notice a couple of my posts have "disappeared"

No it's trolling as defined in the forum rules and will see the comment aimed at another member removed.

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

I agree. It is especially true of habitual posters. I have only blocked one poster in over 12 years but he posts so much that I constantly still see his posts when others quote him. He posts non stop every day so why can't I (we) just never see even the " quoted " posts? 

Thanks! My sentiments exactly.

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

...Though most are ignored of late, and they seem to get bored if nobody replies to them.  So slowly self correcting...

I particularly like the above part about trolls. Replying to a troll post empowers the troll and spurs him to troll even more. In that respect, who replies to a troll post is in a way a troll himself.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Show me where I have used abuse and vile language in the post.

I didn't see any of that, but I did see a baiting post.

It's an old tactic- post something personal that however it is answered will make the responder look bad.

It's why I don't reply to such posts myself but point out that it's a baiting post.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Goat said:

There probably a single person more connected than the Goat. i know about your story and who caused it. Very unfair.

If there is anything you need to know feel free to ask me.

Are you really VillageFarang??

4 hours ago, mark131v said:

In many parts of the world fisting is very, very different from a knuckle sandwich I have have certainly never had a fisting how about you?

Perhaps he used it in the normal sense of the word, as it's got to hurt.

One is constantly astounded to the extent fetishists will go to to get off, and one has to wonder what happened to them in their formative years to resort to such strange sexual practices.

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Bravo to George and the moderation team; it was getting ridiculous with 2 moderators following/stalking me and removing nearly every post I posted. No one likes being part of a forum where that happens.    

I feel for you, having been there myself. Fortunately, one of them in my case has departed the forum. I guess I just outlasted him, despite his best attempts to give me enough points.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1