Pattaya Authorities Vow to Finish All Road Repairs by March 2024

webfact

Seems they started cracking open from corner of WS to 2nd Rd. Optimal choice to create chaos and that before this much feared fireworks weekend.

Should I plan next visit when construction is finished?

Better not. Fear my life expectancy is too short. 🤣

Edited by KhunBENQ

get current mess all fixed by start of slow season...then wait til about october to go dig it all up again and do it over in time to disrupt the next high season.  How many times have they dug up the beach road sidewalk over the past 10-20 years?  Measure twice cut once?

• Thumbs Up 1

Thailand, especially Pattaya, is a totally disorganised clusterpharrk of incompetent people 'managing' civil works projects. If I recall correctly, this 'promise' was made months ago promising that all the roadworks and flood mitigations would be finished before the high season.  And if I recall correctly again, this seems to happen every year. But I am 'older' so maybe I am not recalling things like I used to do :whistling:

Many years ago we attended the first LPGA golf tournament at the Siam Country Club in East Pattaya. We booked a hotel near the course for the full 4 days of the event, and on the morning of day 1 we drove from the hotel to the golf course.  Well we tried to do that, but on the road going around the lake they were working on a bridge - it was 'gone' and they were building/erecting a new one. Absolutely no thought that this was a major road and they really should do one side at a time - although there was a small 'bridge' for people and bikes to go over.   

It took hours to go back around the other way - the traffic was a nightmare. When back at the hotel the manager said that they have been working on that for a long time and it will be many more weeks before they finish - he said they work for a few days and then 'disappear'.  He advised that if we had a bike we could ride 'through there' and it would only take about 10 minutes. Needless to say we hired a bike from him - and as an added bonus we were allowed to park the bike right near the gate - a short walk inside.  Every time we go to the LPGA we now do the same - drive to hotel and hire a bike - because of the free and easy parking. 

"having caused some inconvenience"?

Are these guys putting me on? It's holy hell to drive around this town. I just can't stand it. They have construction at 2 major intersections back to back, making it so you have to drive all over hell and back to get anywhere.

And I'm writing this down. March. If the construction is done I'll eat my hat.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

In the context of the OP, please define "Pattaya".

Does it include all of Chonburi Province, or all of Thailand?

Incompetent roadworks abound everywhere, and always have.