Corrections Dept Told To Not Handle A House Arrest For Thaksin

webfact

Here's great idea let's bring back former PM Chi U Chana chat and let's all see how fast Taksin so so better and off to his private jet back to Dubai that will make everyone's head spin, just in case he might have to actually spend some time in prison before he gets everything he wants shall we?????? This country is a joke

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Has the Correction Department been 'told' or 'advised'?

Big difference.

Exactly!  And am I missing something?  The article states this guy is a "former" MP so in my understanding he has no authority to tell or advise anybody bar his dog.  Suggest maybe.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Nevertheless, the “sickly” de facto Pheu Thai boss/convict at large is more or less speculated to be released on parole around February after his eight-year jail sentence has been already curtailed by royal pardon to only one year.

Read the above and specially the last paragraph, and you'll understand what power and clout this man has...

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Yet the Thai people just don't seem to care all that much. No one I talk to seems to give a toss one way or another, which is why the gov't gets away with stuff like this.

A lot of the active young people care.  The challenge is that like the U.S. and UK people have a lot bigger problems to worry about than what Thaksin does.

All this will only matter when the next election is called and people remind those loyal to the military how they bent and kised Thaksin's rear ring in order to stay somewhat in control.

How the PTP seems to be led by someone who murdered many criminals and was harch but gives himself a VVIP treatment.

How a man who supposedly was a RED SHIRT leader and father figure got special treatment from the military and person we can not discuss.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:
3 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Has the Correction Department been 'told' or 'advised'?

Big difference.

Exactly!  And am I missing something?  The article states this guy is a "former" MP so in my understanding he has no authority to tell or advise anybody bar his dog.  Suggest maybe.

He's not claiming any authority, he's making a point and expressing his opinion, everyone is allowed to do that.

• Confused 1