Why Do Men From Scotland Come to Thailand to Find a Girlfriend?

GammaGlobulin

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

"Why Do Men From Scotland Come to Thailand to Find a Girlfriend?"

For the same reason men from the rest of the word do that. Isn't that obvious?

?type=og-image

i'm surprised you didn't also post that one go go pic you have posted 19 816 times on here. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

Haha.

I think the big attraction is more for the guys who are 60 and can get a girlfriend in her 20s or 30s, or just date around in that age group.

Relive their youth, or live the youth they never had.

Otherwise, what you getting at 60 in the West?

I'm middle aged and I've got 20 year olds interested in me, lol, but even the 30-40 year old Thai birds are still in good shape.

Nearly every friend I have in the US is single. Why? Because for a man in the US, who is past the age of 50, unless he is willing to get with a woman at least his age, his prospects are dim for finding love, or companionship. Some guys like me, simply prefer younger women. Not kids, but women who are 5, 10, 15, even 20 or 25 years younger than us. For a dozen very valid reasons. I could break them down, but why bother? The PC crew will jump on this and say it is not right. You should not be able to have this kind of life, without jumping over ridiculous hurdles! Means nothing to me. I do not do PC. Why be with a woman our age, if we do not need to? Nothing wrong with it, if it works for you. But It is virtually impossible for a 60 year old man in the US, to hook up with a 36 year old woman, unless she is very fat or very ugly, or he is a centi millionaire, or is famous. Period. It just does not happen in this day and age.

Here it is possible. Granted he will likely get with a woman of lesser means, who needs a guy who can provide some financial stability. So what? Who cares? Most women want financial stability anywhere in the world, whether they admit it or not. The difference is here the women are more honest about their financial needs and desires. I know a lot of men who have engaged in relationships with lovely, kind, supportive, humorous, and sexy women here, who are no longer lonely. We have very good lives. Fulfilling lives. Lives we could never dream of having back in the US, Oz, NZ, UK, Canada, or Scandinavia.

Even though my woman is very smart, I do not get much intellectual stimulation from the relationship. But, I get so much else. And in all of the relationships I was ever in with really smart women, who I got intellectual stimulation from, there was also so much grief to contend with. Such combative women. So much competition. Yikes. Thrilled to death to have left all of that behind. When

I was only in the relationship for a year or so, I had dinner with a very sharp American friend. I asked him about that. He laughed. He said, when you feel the need for intellectual stimulation, call me. We can hook up for the meal, and break down the origins of the cosmos. Do not fret. That same brain that gives you that stimulation, also tends to give you so much grief, it is not worth it, on any level. Get over it. Enjoy all of the other qualities, that make your day so delightful and fulfilling. Great advice, that I have followed to this day. I learned long ago that an intellectual woman, who can match me intellectually, also tends to be a combative woman, and the chance of harmony is low. I for one, love a harmonious house, where my woman is joyful and light hearted, with a great sense of humor, and an amazing attitude toward life, and us. Just my point of view. Whatever works for you, stick with it.

I am always looking for harmony, in a relationship. Nothing beats a quiet home, with an outstanding woman who is a great mate, a fun person to be around and always has your back. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, stoner said:

yes and again good thing this is about scottish women only and not british women as a whole which also includes ireland and wales. 

its like saying well malaysia could be included in thai numbers. give it a rest you sound so hostile almost every single post on here. 

Scotland is apart of GB. Thailand and Malaysia are separate countries.

You must be a yank. Still waiting for your link.

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Age difference, my wife was 24 when I met her when I was 35. Not much chance if that in Scotland. 

Just before I left the UK my gf was 23 and I was 52. My Brit son said, 'dad, you can't, she was in my class at school'

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

yes and again good thing this is about scottish women only and not british women as a whole which also includes ireland and wales

Northern Ireland is part of the UK but separate from GB.

Ireland is a separate country.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

Scotland is apart of GB. Thailand and Malaysia are separate countries.

You must be a yank. Still waiting for your link.

now you are just being silly. 

yes i am fully aware that scotland is part of UK ( i have citizenship). however the OP and myself are strictly speaking of scottish women.  so when you make references to GB women you are not really being accurate. 

please comment about scottish women and scottish women only. otherwise you are off point and posting garbage. 

Edited by stoner

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

To a large extent this is about Western men trying to escape the woke mind virus that is so spectacularly toxic, and is leading to the diminishment of civilization and relationships. Reject it with every nanogram of your being. Eventually it will fade, hopefully. Or else, society is doomed and the population will drop precipitously. 

Oh stop with this 💩 It’s really enough. 
It’s just a bunch of losers going to Thailand in the hope of easy pickings. 
The are loads of decent women in the west, but who would want to lower themselves with the likes that prowl around in Pattaya and beyond? So many of them are just an embarrassment, plain and simple. I see examples of it every day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, NextG said:

Oh stop with this 💩 It’s really enough. 
It’s just a bunch of losers going to Thailand in the hope of easy pickings. 
The are loads of decent women in the west, but who would want to lower themselves with the likes that prowl around in Pattaya and beyond? So many of them are just an embarrassment, plain and simple. I see examples of it every day. 

I prefer young, slim and attractive under 50kg to decent but huge and old.

But hey, you sleep with what suits you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, BritManToo said:

I prefer young, slim and attractive under 50kg to decent but huge and old.

But hey, you sleep with what suits you.

No, you prefer prostitutes and undereducated women that you can try to mould. 
Your woman is not young, slim and attractive. That’s just your spin on things. 
The difference is that mine is. Plus she’s not some poor local that needs an allowance. 
Before you post any more claptrap, a member her has already set eyes on her and can vouch that what I am saying is true. 
But you, just post pictures of strangers, claiming that is your woman. 
So let’s not butt heads on this. We are in different worlds. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not sure they do. Thailand as a whole offers a different way of life, often more relaxed, warm weather, sun all your round, its not as dour as scotland, though Scotland does have its beauty in parts at times of the year.

So when your pretty dour and the people you are trying to hook up with are also pretty dour and yet your are still not having much success even before the constant hassle and nagging about you going for a beer and watching football, those things in Thailand seem well like a wee bit nice.

Nothing wrong with wanting some nice things in life now and again, I wouldn't judge or overthink it more than that.

8 minutes ago, stoner said:

now you are just being silly. 

yes i am fully aware that scotland is part of UK ( i have citizenship). however the OP and myself are strictly speaking of scottish women.  so when you make references to GB women you are not really being accurate. 

please comment about scottish women and scottish women only. otherwise you are off point and posting garbage. 

Well where is your link?

2 minutes ago, Bangel72 said:

I'm not sure they do. Thailand as a whole offers a different way of life, often more relaxed, warm weather, sun all your round, its not as dour as scotland, though Scotland does have its beauty in parts at times of the year.

So when your pretty dour and the people you are trying to hook up with are also pretty dour and yet your are still not having much success even before the constant hassle and nagging about you going for a beer and watching football, those things in Thailand seem well like a wee bit nice.

Nothing wrong with wanting some nice things in life now and again, I wouldn't judge or overthink it more than that.

Scottish women I met were nice enough. 
When a bit younger, I asked one to buy me a guitar is she liked me enough. She agreed. 
Another I met on holiday and we kept in touch for many years. 
It’s really just those past their best or who just don’t have any social skills that complain. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, jvs said:
20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Just before I left the UK my gf was 23 and I was 52. My Brit son said, 'dad, you can't, she was in my class at school'

So your son fingered her before you got at her?

wow you just wrote that out loud. 

• Haha 2

Just now, FruitPudding said:
23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why would any educated western gentleman want to fit in Thai society?

Exactly.

It is such a pathetic phenomenon particular to western expats lacking self esteem.

Obviously it's so much better to try to be part of the society in the west. Or maybe not?

nintchdbpict000409168973-e1527419373651.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

In Australia, I'd probably be piloting a SUV around, looking for a safe place to sleep. Any woman my age there would only be looking to grab half my assets after 1 year of cohabitation, and they would mostly look like beached whales. No such thing as decent women in the west anymore.

Here, there's a house in my GF's village, my condo, two cars and two scooters. My GF is 23 years younger than me, starts fretting she's fat if she hits 42 kg.

Please explain to me how I am a loser, because I fail to see it.

Your words tell me all that I need to know about you…