UN warns of ‘blatant disregard for basic humanity’ in Gaza warfare

CharlieH

1 minute ago, Thorgal said:

Again from my previous post : "I think that the UN Women Organization doesn't work only on testimonies to be conclusive."

Forensic investigation and testimonies are not the same.

Enough for today to reply to you. Cheers.

Trolling much?

I stated and quoted: "UN has been urged to investigate" do I really need to define what needs to be collected in an investigation? Do you really need spoon feeding to the accounts from the Israeli forensic doctors who examined the bodies? Yea no wonder you dive back in your hole

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I hadn’t mention Bill Clinton at all; you’re the one that brought him into the conversation, criticising him for as you put it, not lifting a finger towards solving the Palestinian problem. Then after I inform you about the Camp David Conference, you are suddenly rude to me and want to dismiss Clinton’s efforts because they were 23 years ago. I have never been a fan of Clinton, but he put in a lot of work (the conference spanned 2 weeks) so to say he never lifted a finger to help, again shows your overall lack of knowledge on this whole issue.

Furnishing you with knowledge that you previously did not have is not gaslighting or bullying, it is edification.

I'm not as ignorant as you think. I'm sick of being lectured by you. You're talking 23 years ago. Anything more recent than that? I mean, effective finger lifting? Oh, you mean the $4 billion "aid" the US votes Israel every year? You didn't inform me of anything I didn't know. You overvalue your worth.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Horrific murders, evidence of the rape of women and girls, subhuman conditions in the captivity of Hamas - nothing shakes the UN from its indifference towards Israel. The lax and disapproving responses provided by the UN since October 7 oblige Israel to change its conduct towards the organisation..

All the masks have fallen. The weak and hypocritical reaction of the United Nations organisations to the murderous attack by Hamas on October 7 symbolises one of the deepest moments of moral depression for the organisation since its foundation in 1945. It obliges Israel to change its strategy towards the organisation that claims to make peace between nations, and to see All human beings are equal.
The acts of horror perpetrated by the Hamas murderers are indescribable. A horrific genocide was committed innocent people, which was accompanied by one of the largest mass kidnappings in modern times, including of infants in the cradle. Not one of the abductees was visited by the Red Cross. What did the United Nations do in the face of the horror This inhumanity? Not much. In fact, from a nation. The conduct of the UN since October 7th is a disgrace and a stain that will not be erased.

The biggest disappointment came from the UN Women's Agency. How do you think the UN WOMEN organisation responded in the face of dozens of testimonies of rape, accompanied by horrific torture and murder? Well, it did not. For 50 days, the UN Women Organisation, under the direction of Dr. Sima Bachos, all in order not to stand up for the victims - unfortunate Israeli women who fell prey to Hamas brutality.

Evidence of the murder of women, photographs of the kidnapping of women with cuffs and bleeding between their legs, none of this interested Mrs. Bachos, a Jordanian by origin. Only on December 1st, Almost two months after the slaughter and rape, and after heavy pressure from dozens of women's organisations around the world, only then did Bachos "agree" to publish a condemnation of sexual violence by Hamas against Israeli women on October 

Also the UN special rapporteur on gender violence, Mrs. Rim Al - Salem, also of Jordanian descent, was not particularly shocked by dozens of reports of the atrocities. Four days after the massacre, on October 11, al-Salem was quick to publish a hypocritical tweet that said "reports of crimes should not be believed until they are investigated." ME TOO? Not if you are an Israeli and Jewish woman. In this case, your pain is of no interest to the special envoy from the UN. She believes every woman who reports rape, but Israeli and Jewish women - no.

These two senior women, who receive their salary from the United Nations, exceeded their position, betrayed the trust that women around the world placed in them, and they must not continue to serve in this important position for even one more day. Instead of standing by the side of the women who were tortured, raped, murdered and kidnapped, they aligned themselves with The wave of hostility in the Arab world against Israel. Israel demands that both of them terminate their duties immediately.

The United Nations children's organisation, UNICEF, also caused enormous disappointment among those who expected fair treatment and humanity. 39 Israeli children were violently abducted to Gaza on October 7, some of them witnessed horrific atrocities. A 4-year-old girl was taken captive all alone, after her parents were murdered in front of her eyes. Some of the young children were separated from their parents in captivity and were victims of psychological terror, such as forced viewing of horror videos of murder and burned people. Children, women and men, are kept in subhuman conditions in basements and suffer from hunger, lack of medicine and poor hygiene conditions.

Recently released abductees testify that they have not bathed for 50 days. They all lost weight. Did you think that UNICEF would issue a call for the immediate release of abducted Israeli children, for example on International Children's Day on November 20? Nothing like that happened. The Executive Director of UNICEF, Catherine Russell, visited Gaza but cancelled her parallel visit to Israel, which was supposed to include a meeting with the families of the abducted children. A new date for Russell's visit to Israel has not been set until this moment. Almost two months after the great slaughter, UNICEF only announced on the 6 December A tepid and laconic condemnation notice, without specifically mentioning Hamas. Shame.

The saddest thing, perhaps, is the equanimity shown by the UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres, towards the Israeli suffering. The Secretary-General did indeed condemn the terrorist attack, using minimal language, when he insisted on adding the significant word - "but" to every sentence. Innocent people, including children and mothers. Instead of clearly and unequivocally blaming the aggressor, Guterres implied that the victims were to blame for their death.

Compared to the lean and dry language in which he talks about the victims on the Israeli side, Guterres uses exuberant and emotional language when he talks, for example, about a Palestinian ambulance that was damaged: "I am shocked , the images of the bodies thrown in the street are horrible." Nothing is accidental. One can only learn from this that the images of hundreds of young Israelis, half of them women, lying dead and tortured on the ground after the mass slaughter in southern Israel were much less shocking to him...

Omg. Blah blah blah. Rehash. Recycle. The endless sob sob story for Israel. What a joke.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

I'm not as ignorant as you think. I'm sick of being lectured by you. You're talking 23 years ago. Anything more recent than that? I mean, effective finger lifting? Oh, you mean the $4 billion "aid" the US votes Israel every year? You didn't inform me of anything I didn't know. You overvalue your worth.

Its not really giving  "aid" though is it 

The "aid" money can only be spent on USA made weapons 

The aid money supports the USA arms industry 

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Trolling much?

I stated and quoted: "UN has been urged to investigate" do I really need to define what needs to be collected in an investigation? Do you really need spoon feeding to the accounts from the Israeli forensic doctors who examined the bodies? Yea no wonder you dive back in your hole

A UN commission of inquiry investigating war crimes on both sides of the Israel-Hamas conflict has said it would focus on sexual violence by Hamas in the 7 October attacks on Israel and was about to launch an appeal for evidence, Reuters reported last week.

However its work is likely to be hampered by the fact that Israel has not cooperated with the commission, which it accuses of having an anti-Israel bias.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/05/un-hears-accounts-of-sexual-violence-during-7-october-attacks-by-hamas

Difficult to investigate if Israel is refusing to cooperate with the UN commission

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

A UN commission of inquiry investigating war crimes on both sides of the Israel-Hamas conflict has said it would focus on sexual violence by Hamas in the 7 October attacks on Israel and was about to launch an appeal for evidence, Reuters reported last week.

However its work is likely to be hampered by the fact that Israel has not cooperated with the commission, which it accuses of having an anti-Israel bias.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/05/un-hears-accounts-of-sexual-violence-during-7-october-attacks-by-hamas

Difficult to investigate if Israel is refusing to cooperate with the UN commission

That's the same link I posted and please get it right, this was in reference to previous matters not the brutal rapes.

However its work is likely to be hampered by the fact that Israel has not cooperated with the commission

The meeting was called for the UN to investigate that's why the presentation was presented to the UN...................jeez

Show a little respect for the horrors that these women went through

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's the same link I posted and please get it right, this was in reference to previous matters not the brutal rapes.

However its work is likely to be hampered by the fact that Israel has not cooperated with the commission

The meeting was called for the UN to investigate that's why the presentation was presented to the UN...................jeez

Show a little respect for the horrors that these women went through

Show me where I have posted any form of disrespect to these women  in your post you stated "I stated and quoted: "UN has been urged to investigate"

As stated  Difficult to investigate if Israel is refusing to cooperate with the UN commission

And the title of the Guardian article is

UN hears accounts of sexual violence during 7 October attacks by Hamas

Edited by vinny41
add

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Show me where I have posted any form of disrespect to these women  in your post you stated "I stated and quoted: "UN has been urged to investigate"

As stated  Difficult to investigate if Israel is refusing to cooperate with the UN commission

And the title of the Guardian article is

UN hears accounts of sexual violence during 7 October attacks by Hamas

Why highlight that quote from the article when its clear Israel is be extremely pro active in getting the UN to investigate.

To be honest I couldn't care less, The IDF will do their best to kill every last one of those monsters. The UN in Gaza has shown itself to be riddled with Hamas supporters

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Morch said:

There are, and you are wrong.

Orthodox Jews are generally anti-Zionist. Doesn't stop them from partaking in government, mind. A tiny splinter of that actually supports Hamas, Iran and so on. Arab citizens of Israel are generally anti-Zionist, as well - on the whole maybe sympathizing with the Palestinians, but generally not Hamas fans either. In both cases, maybe non-Zionist would be a better term, as they aren't outright hostile most of the time.

I guess I am confused. What is a good definition of "Zionist". I understood it to mean people that support Israel as a free state. 

Do observant Jews daily prayer not include Zion? 

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why highlight that quote from the article when its clear Israel is be extremely pro active in getting the UN to investigate.

To be honest I couldn't care less, The IDF will do their best to kill every last one of those monsters. The UN in Gaza has shown itself to be riddled with Hamas supporters

Doesn't appear that Israel is willing to cooperate with the UN as shown here

UN commission to investigate Hamas sexual violence, appeal for evidence

Chair Navi Pillay on Wednesday said she would pass the evidence onto the International Criminal Court and called for it to consider prosecutions amid earlier criticism from Israel and families of Israeli hostages that the U.N. had kept quiet.

However, a major challenge for Pillay is that Israel has not cooperated with the commission, which it says has an anti-Israel bias. The commission could struggle to gather sufficient evidence to support future charges if access is not granted.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/un-commission-investigate-hamas-sexual-violence-appeal-evidence-2023-11-29/

4 hours ago, WDSmart said:

I hope that is what will happen, but I don't think it is. I believe Israel will remain in control of Gaza from now on, and eventually, way down the road, just assimilate it into Israel the way they've done with all the other Palestinian land. We'll both just have to wait and see what happens. 

I hope Irael occupies and maintains control of Gaza until such time as Hamas is largely eradicated and less than 10% of the Palestinian population want to exterminate all the Jews. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, WDSmart said:

I don't know how we can properly discuss the war in Gaza without referring to history. How far can we go back? Can we mention the Oct 7th Hamas attack, or is that too far back in "history" now? IMO, the history of this conflict is what is most important in fully understanding the motives, tactics, strategies, and goals of both sides.

I think if we go back, we should go back at least 1,500 years, what say you? 

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Horrific murders, evidence of the rape of women and girls, subhuman conditions in the captivity of Hamas - nothing shakes the UN from its indifference towards Israel. The lax and disapproving responses provided by the UN since October 7 oblige Israel to change its conduct towards the organisation..

All the masks have fallen. The weak and hypocritical reaction of the United Nations organisations to the murderous attack by Hamas on October 7 symbolises one of the deepest moments of moral depression for the organisation since its foundation in 1945. It obliges Israel to change its strategy towards the organisation that claims to make peace between nations, and to see All human beings are equal.
The acts of horror perpetrated by the Hamas murderers are indescribable. A horrific genocide was committed innocent people, which was accompanied by one of the largest mass kidnappings in modern times, including of infants in the cradle. Not one of the abductees was visited by the Red Cross. What did the United Nations do in the face of the horror This inhumanity? Not much. In fact, from a nation. The conduct of the UN since October 7th is a disgrace and a stain that will not be erased.

The biggest disappointment came from the UN Women's Agency. How do you think the UN WOMEN organisation responded in the face of dozens of testimonies of rape, accompanied by horrific torture and murder? Well, it did not. For 50 days, the UN Women Organisation, under the direction of Dr. Sima Bachos, all in order not to stand up for the victims - unfortunate Israeli women who fell prey to Hamas brutality.

Evidence of the murder of women, photographs of the kidnapping of women with cuffs and bleeding between their legs, none of this interested Mrs. Bachos, a Jordanian by origin. Only on December 1st, Almost two months after the slaughter and rape, and after heavy pressure from dozens of women's organisations around the world, only then did Bachos "agree" to publish a condemnation of sexual violence by Hamas against Israeli women on October 

Also the UN special rapporteur on gender violence, Mrs. Rim Al - Salem, also of Jordanian descent, was not particularly shocked by dozens of reports of the atrocities. Four days after the massacre, on October 11, al-Salem was quick to publish a hypocritical tweet that said "reports of crimes should not be believed until they are investigated." ME TOO? Not if you are an Israeli and Jewish woman. In this case, your pain is of no interest to the special envoy from the UN. She believes every woman who reports rape, but Israeli and Jewish women - no.

These two senior women, who receive their salary from the United Nations, exceeded their position, betrayed the trust that women around the world placed in them, and they must not continue to serve in this important position for even one more day. Instead of standing by the side of the women who were tortured, raped, murdered and kidnapped, they aligned themselves with The wave of hostility in the Arab world against Israel. Israel demands that both of them terminate their duties immediately.

The United Nations children's organisation, UNICEF, also caused enormous disappointment among those who expected fair treatment and humanity. 39 Israeli children were violently abducted to Gaza on October 7, some of them witnessed horrific atrocities. A 4-year-old girl was taken captive all alone, after her parents were murdered in front of her eyes. Some of the young children were separated from their parents in captivity and were victims of psychological terror, such as forced viewing of horror videos of murder and burned people. Children, women and men, are kept in subhuman conditions in basements and suffer from hunger, lack of medicine and poor hygiene conditions.

Recently released abductees testify that they have not bathed for 50 days. They all lost weight. Did you think that UNICEF would issue a call for the immediate release of abducted Israeli children, for example on International Children's Day on November 20? Nothing like that happened. The Executive Director of UNICEF, Catherine Russell, visited Gaza but cancelled her parallel visit to Israel, which was supposed to include a meeting with the families of the abducted children. A new date for Russell's visit to Israel has not been set until this moment. Almost two months after the great slaughter, UNICEF only announced on the 6 December A tepid and laconic condemnation notice, without specifically mentioning Hamas. Shame.

The saddest thing, perhaps, is the equanimity shown by the UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres, towards the Israeli suffering. The Secretary-General did indeed condemn the terrorist attack, using minimal language, when he insisted on adding the significant word - "but" to every sentence. Innocent people, including children and mothers. Instead of clearly and unequivocally blaming the aggressor, Guterres implied that the victims were to blame for their death.

Compared to the lean and dry language in which he talks about the victims on the Israeli side, Guterres uses exuberant and emotional language when he talks, for example, about a Palestinian ambulance that was damaged: "I am shocked , the images of the bodies thrown in the street are horrible." Nothing is accidental. One can only learn from this that the images of hundreds of young Israelis, half of them women, lying dead and tortured on the ground after the mass slaughter in southern Israel were much less shocking to him...

But were the US indifferent. It's time the UN be moved from New York to Saudi Arabia or Turkey.

No doubt Israel will be blamed for the lack of food and showers....

Edited by Yellowtail
sp

49 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yet the UN meeting, attended by about 800 people including diplomats from dozens of countries where the evidence was presented happened a week later after that report. The ICC chief prosecutor has also just returned from Israel after being invited there, you need  to catch up on events

ICC prosecutor to visit Israel at request of Oct. 7 Hamas attack victims

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/icc-prosecutor-visit-israel-request-oct-7-hamas-attack-victims-2023-11-30/

As per your link it did state

"The visit will not be investigative, the ICC said, adding that it "represents (an) opportunity to express sympathy for all victims and engage in dialogue."

And recently

"Since the establishment of the COI (Commission of Inquiry) in 2021, Israel has made it clear: it will not cooperate with this discriminatory body and its Commissioners," Israel's permanent mission to the U.N. in Geneva said in a statement to Reuters on Thursday.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/un-commission-investigate-hamas-sexual-violence-appeal-evidence-2023-11-29/

Who knows maybe Israel will do a u-turn and cooperate with the UN commission assuming they want the  International Criminal Court to prosecute

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

"The visit will not be investigative, the ICC said, adding that it "represents (an) opportunity to express sympathy for all victims and engage in dialogue."

And recently

"Since the establishment of the COI (Commission of Inquiry) in 2021, Israel has made it clear: it will not cooperate with this discriminatory body and its Commissioners," Israel's permanent mission to the U.N. in Geneva said in a statement to Reuters on Thursday.

Who knows maybe Israel will do a u-turn and cooperate with the UN commission assuming they want the  International Criminal Court to prosecute

Jeez you still at it....

The UN meeting, attended by about 800 people including diplomats from dozens of countries

Show some frigging respect to these victims

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And recently

Correct, so today we don't have any forensic evidence of any rape since October 7th 2023.

Israeli police didn't do any forensic research since October 7th 2023 according to newspapers.

UN independent investigators also didn't do any research since October 7th 2023 according to newspapers.

Only eye witnesses of Israeli first aid and security forces and some random witnesses.

1 minute ago, Thorgal said:

Correct, so today we don't have any forensic evidence of any rape since October 7th 2023.

Israeli police didn't do any forensic research since October 7th 2023 according to newspapers.

UN independent investigators also didn't do any research since October 7th 2023 according to newspapers.

Only eye witnesses of Israeli first aid and security forces and some random witnesses.

Yea Hamas denies doing it, no wonder you try to deny it, disgusting Hamas supporter:

"broken pelvises, bruises, cuts and tears"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Jeez you still at it....

The UN meeting, attended by about 800 people including diplomats from dozens of countries

Show some frigging respect to these victims

Once again I haven't posted anything that can be considered disrespectful and against forum rules otherwise you would have reported my post

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

Once again I haven't posted anything that can be considered disrespectful and against forum rules otherwise you would have reported my post

That's exactly what you've done in my opinion, continually highlighting doubt on whether Israel would want this investigation when its clear it does

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea Hamas denies doing it, no wonder you try to deny it, disgusting Hamas supporter:

"broken pelvises, bruises, cuts and tears"

Again facts from reliable news outlets confirmed that no rape forensic instigation was done since 7th of October 2023.

Quote from source :

https://www.timesofisrael.com/amid-war-and-urgent-need-to-id-bodies-evidence-of-hamass-october-7-rapes-slips-away/

"But in the wake of the unprecedentedly large mass-casualty event, physical evidence of sexual assault was not collected from corpses by Israel’s overtaxed morgue facilities amid their ongoing scramble to identify the people killed, many of whose bodies were mutilated and burned."

Quote from source:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/17/world/israel-investigates-sexual-violence-hamas/index.html

"Police Superintendent Dudi Katz said officers have collected more than 1,000 statements and more than 60,000 video clips related to the attacks that include accounts from people who reported seeing women raped. He added that investigators do not have firsthand testimony, and it is not clear whether any rape victims survived."

2 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Again facts from reliable news outlets confirmed that no rape forensic instigation was done since 7th of October 2023.

Quote from source :

https://www.timesofisrael.com/amid-war-and-urgent-need-to-id-bodies-evidence-of-hamass-october-7-rapes-slips-away/

"But in the wake of the unprecedentedly large mass-casualty event, physical evidence of sexual assault was not collected from corpses by Israel’s overtaxed morgue facilities amid their ongoing scramble to identify the people killed, many of whose bodies were mutilated and burned."

Quote from source:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/17/world/israel-investigates-sexual-violence-hamas/index.html

"Police Superintendent Dudi Katz said officers have collected more than 1,000 statements and more than 60,000 video clips related to the attacks that include accounts from people who reported seeing women raped. He added that investigators do not have firsthand testimony, and it is not clear whether any rape victims survived."

Again.........................................The facts are that Israel wants the UN to investigate, why do I need to repeat what is being widely reported and also posted here, oh yea, because its you:

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's exactly what you've done in my opinion, continually highlighting doubt on whether Israel would want this investigation when its clear it does

So has previously stated hopefully  Israel will do a u-turn and cooperate with the UN commission so  that the UN can review the evidence and pass it on  to  the International Criminal Court to allow the ICC to   consider prosecutions  

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

So has previously stated hopefully  Israel will do a u-turn and cooperate with the UN commission so  that the UN can review the evidence and pass it on  to  the International Criminal Court to allow the ICC to   consider prosecutions  

The u turn has already happened, hence the meeting....duh

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Again.........................................The facts are that Israel wants the UN to investigate, why do I need to repeat what is being widely reported and also posted here, oh yea, because its you:

This can't be serious (as per forum rules): Twitter accounts ?

Susanne Maier : "speaking out on injustice wherever it occurs"

Rachel : "Family Lawyer, Child Advocate, Writer, Painter, Zioness."

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Any doubt was clearly shown in the initial guardian link that you posted 

7 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

This can't be serious (as per forum rules): Twitter accounts ?

Susanne Maier : "speaking out on injustice wherever it occurs"

Rachel : "Family Lawyer, Child Advocate, Writer, Painter, Zioness."

Yes serious, she was speaking at the UN and there's plenty more here:

She said multiple cases of rape were found by forensic examination of the bodies, which have been stored in refrigerated containers.

At least 10 freed hostages were sexually abused by Hamas in captivity, doctor says

At least 10 of the Israeli civilians released by Hamas, both men and women, were sexually assaulted or abused while in captivity, the Associated Press reported Wednesday.

In a report detailing allegations of severe and widespread sexual abuse by Hamas terrorists during their October 7 onslaught and later against hostages, a doctor who treated some of the 110 hostages released from captivity told the AP that at least 10 men and women among those freed were sexually assaulted or abused.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/at-least-10-freed-hostages-were-sexually-abused-by-hamas-in-captivity-doctor-says/

Their bodies tell their stories. They’re not alive to speak for themselves.

Over the last several weeks, NBC News has reviewed five interrogations of captured Hamas fighters, an Arabic-language document that instructed Hamas how to pronounce “Take off your pants” in Hebrew, six images of naked or partially naked deceased female bodies, seven eyewitness accounts of sexual violence including both rape and mutilation, 11 testimonies of first responders, and two accounts from workers in morgues who handled the bodies of women after they were recovered from the massacre.

The evidence, primarily from the Israel Defense Forces and Israeli officials, suggests that dozens of Israeli women were raped or sexually abused or mutilated during the Oct. 7 terrorist attacks. According to first responders, one was mutilated with a pair of scissors and another stabbed with a knife. The genitals of some men who had been killed were mutilated as well. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/hamas-rape-israeli-women-oct-7-rcna128221

Edited by Bkk Brian

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Any doubt was clearly shown in the initial guardian link that you posted 

Why did Israel ask for the UN meeting with 800 people and present the evidence to ask for it to be investigated?

• Like 1