Chinese Tourist Exposes Nana Area as Potential Danger for Women

webfact

9 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

It's a Red Light area, what did this trouble-making chinese tourist expect was going to be going on? Maybe she hasn't heard the expression about people in glass houses? 

And, for the record, the red light areas here in Thailand are some of the safest of their kind in the world. Safer than the ones in this clowns own country. 

I hope the police do catch up with her and cancel her visa - she seems to be working so inspect that work permit too while you're at it. 

This TikTok generation are just attention grabbing saddos desperate for some traction on the rubbish they post. And their followers are not much different. 

Kick her out. 

All that crap about 'you might not be able to escape' obviously the farang mistook her for a local and 'if' there was a issue, then the locals would have all laid into him as you would do to any frang!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Are the Thai people in the tourist police all volunteers just like all the foreigners who are all volunteers? How do these Thai people earn money if they are all volunteers? Are they all wealthy rich people?

The Tourist Police division of the RTP does not comprised volunteers, they are police officers.  They may have a small number of foreign volunteers assisting them when necessary.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

34 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Tiktok brings out the worst in people again. I hope the police find some grounds to deport her, there isn't a shred of credibility to her claim. What did she do, stand there next to one of the hookers and wait until some guy hit on her, then twist the story to her liking? 

In a nutshell, yes.

22 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

"Bloggers beware! Police in Bangkok say a Chinese influencer who posted “negative content” about the capital could face legal action. But they’ve also admitted they’re not sure what form any legal action would look like – given that they acknowledged

the woman “has a right to post what she likes about Thailand”.

So anyone who 'Blogs' a negative comment about Thailand could face legal action?

No, that's the exact opposite of what the police said  From your own posted comment...

Police in Bangkok ... acknowledged the woman “has a right to post what she likes about Thailand”.

Nana  plaza is where many ladies work and own a bar.The people who should be worried are the tourist who are first time tourist to the area.Getting ripped off may happen if not careful.1 chinese wanabe walking around the area thinking it is not safe for women does not know,look around security cameras I Imagine ladies are safe.The biggest threat is getting drunk in the area then u can be at the mercy of the street after.I go to the area I,am the one who will be concerned i leave without be ripped off and pay the right price for the services provided

Edited by bristolgeoff

6 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Are the Thai people in the tourist police all volunteers just like all the foreigners who are all volunteers? How do these Thai people earn money if they are all volunteers? Are they all wealthy rich people?

What an absolutely silly post. The Thai Tourist Police (ie: THAI Police Officers) are a big part of the Thai Police Force. You really think they are Volunteers...heaven help us.

42 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's quite funny to see them. I've seen quite a few youngish farang couples in Cowboy gogos, the women always come in with a superior look on their face and the guys pretend to be disinterested. 

Within about 15 minutes the guy is really enjoying himself and the girl is looking moody. Then they leave. :laugh:

I really don't know why they bother. 

Are you sure that you didn’t just make that up? As a backpacker, I went to many a show with foreign girls for the novelty factor. None of the experiences fit your description. I think you just made it up. 

What we have here is a lack of common sense.  Two factors come to mind.

1.  The govt is partly  to blame for constantly denying people in Thailand have sex.  There is a huge sex industry here and there is always a seedy side to red light areas so caution must be taken.

2.  Its hard to believe that these Chinese women have no idea what the main attraction is in Nana.  

I dont think I have ever been anywhere in the world without checking it out in a book or on the internet etc first.

I think these women knew exactly what goes on there and were curious or some maybe even looking for a bit of attention themselves.  I not saying they wanted to get involved in any way apart from maybe getting looked at or a whistle.  And yes they should be able to do that safely, sure!  But like the girl raped on Koh Chang recently,  she should be able to wander alone or with a guy to a secluded beach without hassles but unfortunately that is not the world we live in.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

What bad behavior? Recording a video stating her opinion is no big deal. Certainly the authorities won't like it. Stalin was intolerant of criticism too. 

And maybe she should ask herself would she criticise her home town/city or any other in the same manner back in China….I think not

26 minutes ago, NextG said:

Are you sure that you didn’t just make that up? As a backpacker, I went to many a show with foreign girls for the novelty factor. None of the experiences fit your description. I think you just made it up. 

I guess they didn't get jealous because they had no feelings for you :laugh:.

22 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

What we have here is a lack of common sense.  Two factors come to mind.

1.  The govt is partly  to blame for constantly denying people in Thailand have sex.  There is a huge sex industry here and there is always a seedy side to red light areas so caution must be taken.

2.  Its hard to believe that these Chinese women have no idea what the main attraction is in Nana.  

I dont think I have ever been anywhere in the world without checking it out in a book or on the internet etc first.

I think these women knew exactly what goes on there and were curious or some maybe even looking for a bit of attention themselves.  I not saying they wanted to get involved in any way apart from maybe getting looked at or a whistle.  And yes they should be able to do that safely, sure!  But like the girl raped on Koh Chang recently,  she should be able to wander alone or with a guy to a secluded beach without hassles but unfortunately that is not the world we live in.

The exact same happens in China and like Thailand they pretend it doesn’t happen