currently stuck in Phuket airport (denied entry)

7 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Show us a photo of you standing in line, why did they single you out? 

Are you dressed sensibly, groomed well, etc.? 

Some people look like and act like troublemakers, immigration have been trained to identify problem people, have a good look at yourself, what is acceptable in your home country may not be acceptable in Thailand. 

I wonder if we have misunderstood what the OP meant when he wrote "picks me out of the line". Perhaps the OP was actually at the immigration desk at the time the IO spoke to him and then the IO took the OP from there to somewhere else - rather than being in the middle of a queue and suddenly being pulled out. Being at the desk would make more sense because the IO would have the OP's travel history in front of him and would be more likely to be in a position deem denial of entry would be best. 

@siwiek Can you clarify the situation and confirm if you were actually at the IO's desk at the time he took you aside, please? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Perhaps, maybes etc should be banned from this forum. 

It is what it is, he meant what he wrote 'in line'. 

Some comments on AN, people just want to make up little stories. 

PERHAPS he wasn't at Phuket at all, maybe he was Afghanistan or Sri Lanka 🤔

Maybe you're right, SAFETY FIRST, maybe you aren't. Siwiek can let us know. 

I would like clarification on one part of the OP that seems unusual to see what they really meant. There's nothing wrong with that. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, OJAS said:

That's a handy bit of paper to carry tucked away in a side pouch of the old laptop case ;D

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

New sheriff in town.

https://thai.news/news/thailand/shrouded-beginnings-the-enigmatic-rise-of-phukets-new-immigration-chief

Surprised you weren't shown the tip jar.

Maybe the new Sheriff can scan through his computor when he has moment checking the Russian infiltration of the Island.....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I can understand asking for the boarding pass for the flight into Thailand, I have been asked before when entering, but previous boarding passes, doesn't make any sense.

Most people, including Myself do not keep a bunch pf boarding passes with them, once you have entered the respective country you discard it!

I use Mobile boarding passes know as much as possible. Been coming to Thailand I don't know how many times since late 1990s I have never been asked by airport immigration arriving at Thai airports to show it for more than a few times even including the depths of Covid when I went thru ASQ, Sandbox, Test and Go an all the rest of the rubbish. I understand and admit that things may be getting more strict but at Chiang Mai airport where I try to fly non stop to as much as possible from Korea or Singapore they probably know what flight you came off or else they are admitting complete stupidity.

I know what the signs say if they want to know what flight I came off they can ask me and then check their data.

If I was given a boarding pass at the counter it goes into the garbage onboard before I deplane.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I suppose Immigration Officers can do what they want and they can probably get away with it.

I applied for and was approved for an METV this year.  Before I applied for the METV, I have been to Bangkok twice this year on visa exempt, once for 4 days and second for 44 days . In previous years I have been to Thailand a few times for no longer than 1-2 weeks stay.

On my first trip on the METV the IO asked me if I was there for tourism and what my plans were on this visit.  I replied I am here for tourism and to visit my girlfriend.  IO was not happy with my answer but let me in.  I stayed for about 50 days before I left Thailand.

Two weeks later, on my second visit on the METV,  the IO angrily refused me entry stating that I'm intending to stay long term.  They referred me to a supervisor who said that I should get an OA visa instead.  Mind you, I haven't committed any immigration violation with regards to the METV.  I guess the supervisor took pity on me, made me sign a letter stating the purpose of my visit and that I had enough funds and allowed me entry.  He said that I needed to get an OA visa on my next visit.  I got the OA visa and came back.  No issues at immigration.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is why they don't want people videoing them.

We should all video them and expose this kind of behaviour.

I suspect there's more to this story than the op is telling and some parts exaggerated but thats just my take on claims like these from over the years

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is why they don't want people videoing them.

We should all video them and expose this kind of behaviour.

I suspect there's more to this story than the op is telling and some parts exaggerated but thats just my take on claims like these from over the years

• Agree 1