Business Class Air

nana kid

I am going to Paris  Business Class                        no airline yet                  my question is............I can access the B class Lounge

at BKK departure    Can I get into the B Class lounge when I arrive in Paris?

1 hour ago, nana kid said:

Can I get into the B Class lounge when I arrive in Paris?

Business lounges are located departure halls. 

If you can somehow get from arrival to departure the business class lounge will ask for local boarding pass.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Contrary to what many are saying you only get business class lounge access if you buy a business class fare that includes it.  Qatar is one airline with some business class tickets that don't include lounge access.

Emirates is the same if you purchase the cheapest Business Class ticket. No lounge access or chauffeur drive.

43 minutes ago, worrab said:

Emirates is the same if you purchase the cheapest Business Class ticket. No lounge access

My company buys the cheapest tickets at times so cheap I can't upgrade. 

Anyway, when I started flying Emirates I was only a silver member. 

Emirates allow silver members with economy tickets in the business lounge Dubai 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Contrary to what many are saying you only get business class lounge access if you buy a business class fare that includes it.  Qatar is one airline with some business class tickets that don't include lounge access.

54 minutes ago, worrab said:

Emirates is the same if you purchase the cheapest Business Class ticket. No lounge access or chauffeur drive.

Add Finnair to that list.  However, even on these "Light" or "Special" tickets you should get lounge access if you have higher status in their (or their partners if applicable)  frequent flying club.

12 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

But not at outstations, you have to be Gold or above for that.

Bangkok OK but I think only first class has arrival lounges unless you go to  India where most planes arrive in the middle of the night. They are a good place to go untill public transport starts up ,and all the crooks that hang around outside disappear when the sun comes up.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I guess I was lucky because some companies I worked for only supplied economy tickets as I was always allowed to pay for the upgrades. That spoiled me for econo tickets. Even in retirement I paid for bc even if it was a stretch. I found a company online that bought/sold points and I travelled 1st & bc with those a couple times for steep discounts.

I also had silver status with Emirates, one of my favourie airlines.

PS:Did you have the priviledge of flying their 380 bc with the bar/lounge at the back? I arrived in Dubai well lubricated to say the least one morning.The so called "good old days"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

Did you have the priviledge of flying their 380 bc with the bar/lounge at the back? I arrived in Dubai well lubricated to say the least one morning.The so called "good old days"

Never got to see the 1st class bar upfront but spent a lot of time down at the back bar (business). 

My favorite airline flying on my all time favorite aeroplane. Emirates A380.

Flew many times Dubai to BKK, BKK to Dubai. 

Couldn't resist the Grey Goose within the mini bar in the flat bed business 

Like you say, arrived well lubricated. 

IMG_20231223_151621.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Never got to see the 1st class bar upfront but spent a lot of time down at the back bar (business). 

My favorite airline flying on my all time favorite aeroplane. Emirates A380.

Flew many times Dubai to BKK, BKK to Dubai. 

Couldn't resist the Grey Goose within the mini bar in the flat bed business 

Like you say, arrived well lubricated. 

IMG_20231223_151621.jpg

Edited by jaideedave

On departure airside, yes. Done it many times both at Suvarnabhumi and Paris CDG. I particularly like the Air France ones for the ambiance,food and drink, also used by KLM, at both airports. Etihad is good. Thai not so good. Way back I used to fly EgyptAir business because it was cheap. Awful, well it was cheap! but still way better than economy with any airline. I don't think they are still operating the route though. Same with Royal Jordanian with whom I flew once, again because the deal was sweet. They have a vast business class lounge but the food and drink is not up to much and the transit time too long.

I think only Air France and Thai offer direct flights to and from Paris. With KLM you would have to fly to Schiphol, Amsterdam and transit there to Paris. Their business class lounge at Schiphol is huge and very pleasant, the cuisine Dutch of course.

On arrival most airlines don't want to know as soon as you leave the aircraft  and so don't offer any such thing unless you are in transit. Etihad do offer a lounge for final destination business ticket arrivals at Abu Dhabi, with showers. Never tried it, always just a transit never a stop over.

4 hours ago, worrab said:

Your posting got me worried so I checked with Emirates regarding my February / April flights LGW-DXB-BKK and return.

I'm on a Business Saver ticket and that does include all lounges and chauffer drive, the latter I'd already booked anyway.

Apparently there's a cheaper option than Saver which doesn't include those options - that must be the one to which you refer. 

What the buggers have done is change my flight from DXB to LGW from an A380 to a 777-300ER which, looking at various videos is far less comfortable! 🤬 Lots of YouTube vids where people say as much.

Emirates tell me I can lodge a formal complaint but I doubt I'll get anywhere, however if it's really bad, I'll contact them on my return...after all, I might find it's OK...

19 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

True, the cheapest ticket is not meant to get you into the lounge, but they let me in at Heathrow last year anyway which went some way to make up for the terrible service on their Q class flight to Bkk

On 12/23/2023 at 10:07 AM, GinBoy2 said:

Well of course you will be able to use the Business lounge of the airline you ultimately chose in BKK.

Not sure what you mean about when you get to Paris. You'll only be able to access the lounge if you have a business class connecting flight

A business class ticket doesn't always assure lounge access.  Qatar is one airline that makes you buy a higher grade of business class ticket for lounge access.

13 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

A business class ticket doesn't always assure lounge access.  Qatar is one airline that makes you buy a higher grade of business class ticket for lounge access.

This must be a new thing

I've never flown on a business or first class ticket that didn't give you lounge access.

But things change and the airlines gotta make a buck somehow

And I should add, when I said you always get lounge access with a biz or first ticket thats International. 

In the the US even if I have a first class ticket I need to be a club member to get access to the lounge.

I can can happily recoup my annual United Club membership in free drinks! lol

Edited by GinBoy2

On 12/23/2023 at 2:35 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

My company did get us cheap tickets but would pay for lounge access at Angola coming of the rig.

They also paid for 2 free drinks, the coupons were waiting at the sign in counter.

While we're on the subject of airport lounges don't bother going to any lounge in Saudi Arabia, NO ALCOHOL, bloody waste of time, only have Budweiser no alcohol (disgusting drink). 

24 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

My company did get us cheap tickets but would pay for lounge access at Angola coming of the rig.

They also paid for 2 free drinks, the coupons were waiting at the sign in counter.

While we're on the subject of airport lounges don't bother going to any lounge in Saudi Arabia, NO ALCOHOL, bloody waste of time, only have Budweiser no alcohol (disgusting drink). 

Another worthy item to know when flying which surprised me, international flights landing in the USA do not offer free alcohol.

I used to fly Bangkok, Narita into Houston.

Once you get on the plane at Narita you are paying for grog.

It was around $5 a can, I'd pay for 6 on the credit card and if you are nice to the ladies serving they won't ask you for more money.

If I remember it's a 10 beer flight. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1