I love everything about Pattaya what about you ?

georgegeorgia

On 12/22/2023 at 9:04 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I get so peeved off when I read posts that just knock Pattaya continually .

I was actually in tears last night reading posts on another forum where the writer was so negative Pattaya 

Please let's be grateful 

I love Pattaya and as soon as I can I'm going to retire there., but I'm planning in the next few years .

For those of you who haven't retired what's your dream about living in Pattaya ?

Mine is to live in the Arcadia resort in Soi 5 Jomtien and walk to the RAGE fight academy where they have muay  Thai boxing for seniors 

Wake up every morning to the sunshine  with a coffee on the balcony , stroll thru my day with the gym and Canterbury Tales bookshop ,

What a life to enjoy in Pattaya 

Relax at night in a bar ,enjoy our trip me left 

If only I could retire ...we all love Pattaya !! 🤗

I like the way people drive and ride. Im not joking either

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, newnative said:

Your application for the Just Can't Quit Pattaya Fan Club is winging it's way to you.  Watch for it, and good luck being accepted!  Hopefully, you will be deemed worthy.   It is a select group, however, those many unfortunates who don't live in Pattaya, or apparently have any recent connection to Pattaya, but feel the pressing, overwhelming need to take the time out of their busy lives to read all about Pattaya, even a mundane thread like this, and then take even more time out of their busy lives to comment about this place they don't live in, and apparently don't want to live in, or even visit, but still feel that aching, burning need to make everyone aware, in no uncertain terms, that they are quite happy not being in Pattaya, thank you very much.  Quite happy. . . really!  I mean it.  Really.  So happy here, you wouldn't believe it.  I could certainly stop reading and commenting about Pattaya if I wanted to. Noted.  In any case, fingers crossed!  

Did I say I'd never been there? I have and that's the reason for my answer - now if the question had been about Pukhet, Hua Hin, Nakhon Ratchasima, etc ........

4 hours ago, Negita43 said:

Did I say I'd never been there? I have and that's the reason for my answer - now if the question had been about Pukhet, Hua Hin, Nakhon Ratchasima, etc ........

No worries.  The vast majority of the club members have, like you, been to Pattaya, some years and years ago, some more recently.  Once smitten, no matter when it was, here they all are, faithfully reading about and posting any time an article about Pattaya shows up; hence, the name of the club.  So relax, it's looking good you'll likely be accepted--two posts about Pattaya in such a short time frame bodes well. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, newnative said:

two posts about Pattaya in such a short time frame bodes well. 

I am honoured - just to be clear the post asked for an opinion - I gave one (as you will see from the original answer not too serious a one). I believe evryone is entitled to give an opinion if asked for one without receiving criticism for it. (which you have not done) - only a mild admonishment - I like your humour:welcomeani:

Edited by Negita43
finger trouble
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 8:55 PM, Hanuman2547 said:

I like what you describe.  I also like the Jomtien area as it is much quieter than central Pattaya.  Lots of good things about Pattaya.  Lots of bad things too just like anywhere else.  The two biggest improvements that could be made is cleaner air but I know that will be a tough one.  The other is the filthy water in the area.  No way do I want to go swimming in Pattaya or Jomtien unless it's in my pool.  

No one with a brain cell has swum in Pattaya since the 80s, but Jomtien was OK. Sorry to hear that it's a no swim area now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No one with a brain cell has swum in Pattaya since the 80s, but Jomtien was OK. Sorry to hear that it's a no swim area now.

Even many years ago, when Jomtiem was the go to beach place, I often found I got a lot of skin irritation and small bites off both the beach sand and in the sea...Anyone with a sea view condo can warn you of the dark patches that pour out into the Jomtien sea early morning.

On 12/23/2023 at 11:04 AM, georgegeorgia said:

I get so peeved off when I read posts that just knock Pattaya continually .

I was actually in tears last night reading posts on another forum where the writer was so negative Pattaya 

Please let's be grateful 

I love Pattaya and as soon as I can I'm going to retire there., but I'm planning in the next few years .

For those of you who haven't retired what's your dream about living in Pattaya ?

Mine is to live in the Arcadia resort in Soi 5 Jomtien and walk to the RAGE fight academy where they have muay  Thai boxing for seniors 

Wake up every morning to the sunshine  with a coffee on the balcony , stroll thru my day with the gym and Canterbury Tales bookshop ,

What a life to enjoy in Pattaya 

Relax at night in a bar ,enjoy our trip me left 

If only I could retire ...we all love Pattaya !! 🤗

You need to learn to accept advice a bit better. People are not complaining for no reason. There are many long timers here giving advice. Ignore it at your peril.

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

You need to learn to accept advice a bit better. People are not complaining for no reason. There are many long timers here giving advice. Ignore it at your peril.

Oh I know , I am coping with those complainers about my beloved Pattaya a lot better lately🥲still brings me to tears though 

• 2 months later...

I lived on the lightside and the darkside of Pattaya for 15years as well as a few years in Sattahip but am now, regrettably, back in the UK.  I can say without a doubt if my circumstances were different I would be back living in central Pattaya in a heartbeat.   

• Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 11:47 AM, bob smith said:

Pattaya is by far the worst place in Thailand.

It is even worse than Phuket.

bob

Agree, Bob. I went there for the last time around 2022/23. Never again. It was a laugh as a young un for a couple nights, but to live there? each to their own and there are nice areas around and about, for sure, and some very nice moobahns etc. But Pattaya proper (i.e. the beach etc) is a proper S hole.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Agree, Bob. I went there for the last time around 2022/23. Never again. It was a laugh as a young un for a couple nights, but to live there? each to their own and there are nice areas around and about, for sure, and some very nice moobahns etc. But Pattaya proper (i.e. the beach etc) is a proper S hole.

Actually, I find it's the other way around--Pattaya is a better place to live year-round than to visit as a tourist, although it does have a lot to offer for tourists, with more on the way.   All the things that make it a great place to live year-round, however, you don't discover in a short visit--which is probably good, as Pattaya is growing fast enough already.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/23/2023 at 6:38 AM, BritManToo said:

Yes some expats like easy access to sex, while those with little testosterone may not need those 

Your moral define you as an sexpat or not, not your hormones 🤡

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, newnative said:

Actually, I find it's the other way around--Pattaya is a better place to live year-round than to visit as a tourist, although it does have a lot to offer for tourists, with more on the way.   All the things that make it a great place to live year-round, however, you don't discover in a short visit--which is probably good, as Pattaya is growing fast enough already.

Absolutely but remember the Pattaya metro area is much more than the tourism strip in Central Pattaya.

For example very popular Jomtien. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Absolutely but remember the Pattaya metro area is much more than the tourism strip in Central Pattaya.

For example very popular Jomtien. 

If you move way out from the city that's not "really Pattaya" in my opinion. It's out in the boonies somewhere. When I hear Pattaya it's means the central area to me, bars, etc. Some guys here live way out there somewhere so it's only Pattaya in name maybe and they are talking about two different areas in reality. One could move way out from a central area anywhere and it would be much the same.

Edited by JimTripper

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

If you move way out from the city that's not "really Pattaya" in my opinion. It's out in the boonies somewhere. When I hear Pattaya it's means the central area to me, bars, etc. Some guys here live way out there somewhere so it's only Pattaya in name maybe and they are talking about two different areas in reality. One could move way out from a central area anywhere and it would be much the same.

Nonsense.  Pattaya is now a big city that has a number of different areas, but all are part of Pattaya.  The central area is just one part.  My spouse and I live on the Darkside but from our house we can hop on the Motorway and be on Sukhumvit by Index, Home Pro, etc. in about 10 minutes, probably about as fast or faster as someone living in south Pattaya.

• Love It 1

On 12/23/2023 at 11:47 AM, bob smith said:

Pattaya is by far the worst place in Thailand.

It is even worse than Phuket.

bob

I might agree, but the question is how a bot called Bob knows that. AI is great?

There is an older guy who lives in my neighborhood, probably 65 years of age or so. He sits at this bar almost every night and drinks a large bottle of Leo. He's a quiet guy and does not say much, dresses nice. I see him there when I walk by and he always sits in the same spot on the same chair. It's sad. He's retired and just drinking these large beers every night. I don't want to end up like this guy stuck in Pattaya drinking large Leo's.

* I'm not an anti-beer or anti-alcohol guy, and I do drink. When I see these guys doing it every night though I get depressed and worried. That's not partying or having a good time, it's just more like imbibing. "Dude abides" (I mean "imbibes") & he dwells in ornate foilage and likes offerings.

Edited by JimTripper