Do you do immigration business yourself? If so why?

51 minutes ago, stoner said:

what if the IO flagrantly breaks the rules multiple times. i find it hard to respect then. 

Suck it up like man. You haven't quite got the Asian way yet. Yeah, takes discipline for a stupid farang. The appearance is more important than the reality. So you act respectful even though you actually feel respectful.

Sorted! :)

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, BigStar said:

Forms are all neatly completed, typewritten, on my computer.

Not allowed to do that, reasons

1) They have their own pre-printed forms with the color stamps already appended.

2) They insist on handwritten in blue ink, and I'm not spending money on a color printer that will be used once a year.

3) The house location map must be hand drawn too.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

1) They have their own pre-printed forms with the color stamps already appended.

2) They insist on handwritten in blue ink, and I'm not spending money on a color printer that will be used once a year.

You have a printer that doesn't print colour?

Who is it made by, Fred  Flintstone Printers. Inc?

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

This office picture looks to be also devoid of Immigration officers. come on now, are you fooling around with us? This looks to be a picture lifted from an Immigration website showing the interior of a closed office. Come now.

Ha ha. No it's for real. I went in at 11 am and it was deserted. I was confused. Nobody even to ask. However on the right I saw a cleaner slowly mopping the floor. I asked her if immigration  was closed for unofficial  holiday ? No she said. They are all in the backroom chatting. Wait and I'll tell them you are here. I say all but actually only 3 officers in the building. One came out, did my 90 days and I was out in 5 minutes.

This was the quietest it has been. Normally there will be 3 or 4 people there doing visas.

If I lived in a tourist ghetto I would be tempted to use an agent or else maintain an address in a quiet province.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

Ha ha. No it's for real. I went in at 11 am and it was deserted. I was confused. Nobody even to ask. However on the right I saw a cleaner slowly mopping the floor. I asked her if immigration  was closed for unofficial  holiday ? No she said. They are all in the backroom chatting. Wait and I'll tell them you are here. I say all but actually only 3 officers in the building. One came out, did my 90 days and I was out in 5 minutes.

This was the quietest it has been. Normally there will be 3 or 4 people there doing visas.

If I lived in a tourist ghetto I would be tempted to use an agent or else maintain an address in a quiet province.

Amazing. Perhaps you wouldn't mind disclosing this, what looks to be, the most peaceful Immigration Office in all of Thailand!! LOL! Wow, it's tough to believe after venturing in and out of Division 1 4 times in the last 4 months. Ha! Or maybe you might like to keep it a preserved anti-tourist ghetto destination LOL!

Edited by likerdup1

17 minutes ago, Denim said:

It's the same for us as well up in Sakon Nakhon. On our last visit to do my marriage extension, there were six of us in the office. My wife and I, two officers and two assistants. I got the impression that they were getting bored and were pleased to see us. All done in about 40 minutes. No hassle at all.

Like you, I get the impression that many of the problems related to immigration occur in, what you referred to as the 'tourist ghettos'. I've done my own marriage extensions using the income method (probably the most challenging) for many years now and I foresee no reason to change from that method. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Amazing. Perhaps you wouldn't mind disclosing this, what looks to be, the most peaceful Immigration Office in all of Thailand!! LOL! Wow, it's tough to believe after venturing in and out of Division 1 4 times in the last 4 months. Ha! Or maybe you might like to keep it a preserved anti-tourist ghetto destination LOL!

If I told you I would have to kill you.

Ha ha. Actually it is Petchabun.

On another occasion when there were only two of us doing visa business I commented on how quiet it always seems. She said , you were lucky. Yesterday we had to deal with almost a hundred Burmese factory workers. Pandemonium. 

The nicest thing is that the head honcho is a lovely women and we are on friendly terms. She even came out to help us with our car when we had a problem with a leaking radiator. Brought us 4 liters of water to top up with.

• Love It 1

15 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

It's the same for us as well up in Sakon Nakhon. On our last visit to do my marriage extension, there were six of us in the office. My wife and I, two officers and two assistants. I got the impression that they were getting bored and were pleased to see us. All done in about 40 minutes. No hassle at all.

The, I'm all right jack, because of the area I live in. post

How cool of you. :coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

Yes, I am for my yearly retirement extension.

1. The  forms I use are the computer forms downloaded from Immigration. They have drop down menus and blanks to fill in. All black-and-white.

2. No handwriting required except the sig. I use blue ink.

3. No house location map required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

did i say i cried or stomped my feet when i saw the actions ? someone asked i told. been around thai for 20 years now i got it worry about that. 

so you act respectful even thought you feel respectful ? not sure what you mean there. 

Typo, obviously: don't feel respectful.

1 hour ago, quake said:
4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Why a smug grin. What's wrong with a friendly smile and a polite 'thank you'. 

1 hour ago, quake said:

I treat thai people the same way they treat me. :thumbsup:

Well funnily enough, so do I. with a friendly smile and a polite 'thank you'. In this life you get what you deserve!

P.S. Welcome to my ignore list. I can live without prats like you.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, it is what it is said:

lived and worked in many countries, traveled to over 60 countries, have never needed anyone to help me with visas.

visa processes for thailand are relatively straight forward, there is a lot of information/advice out there, IOs are, in my experience, generally professional, polite, helpful.

i have found sorting my visas here easy, possibly it helps to have common sense and to legally comply with all relevant criteria.

it really is not that difficult.

Certainly not difficult when compared to the passport renewal minefield we Brits here in LOS are required to pick our way through every now and then - and for which the use of an agent is IMHO thoroughly justified!

18 hours ago, The Cyclist said:

1. It is a simple process

2.  Because I have never had a problem with immigration.

3.  I do my 90 reports / annual extension in person, nearest Friday to report date and spend Friday and Saturday in a hotel.

4. When I get to an age where it is no longer a pleasant experience, I will probably seek ou t an agent to do the donkey work for me.

Yes to 1,2 +3.

If I ever stay long enough to arrive at point 4 I'll be on me way back home then at the latest.

Edited by BusyB