Yingluck Patiently Awaits Homecoming In Thaksin’s Style

webfact

13 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

My thoughts too. I was led to believe that you had to serve one third of your sentence before being even eligible for a pardon. In his case that would be about 2 1/2 years? He served 8 hours did he not....:whistling: 

Correct.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Grandpa Cool said:

Yes. I agree. The Generals strongarmed their way into polital power and manipulated the law and judiciary to the detriment of not only the elected politicians, but every Thai citizen. And, whether you realise it or not, that overbearing self serving power base is still alive and well!

the strings were and are being pulled a bit higher up and continue to be

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good that a newbie member knows everything better.

Where you here when Thaksin and his cronies ruled the country?

Did the rice scam somehow accidentally fail? Or was it designed like that for the greedy "participants"?

Maybe read the news instead of asking Noi or Nit in the red village. 

I was here... are we saying she got kickbacks for overpaying farmers in an attempt to drive up the market? I think not. Evidence? Again, I think not. Foolish and incompetent; definitely. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Petitions for the granting of royal pardon cannot be taken into account by law until the convict has already served a period of time behind bars, according to the former deputy prime minister.

Hope she spends more than one day in jail ,like her brother ,or its just

another mockery of the justice system , rich and poor 2 sets of laws...

regards worgeordie 

• Thumbs Up 1

"Petitions for the granting of royal pardon cannot be taken into account by law until the convict has already served a period of time behind bars, according to the former deputy prime minister."

"unless your surname happens to be Shinawatra" - to be inserted into the above statement after "behind bars".

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sentence was reduced by Royal pardon to one year.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sentence was reduced by Royal pardon to one year.

"I was led to believe that you had to serve one third of your sentence before being even eligible for a pardon."

"Sentence was reduced by Royal pardon to one year."

I am confused! Is there a difference between "pardon" and "Royal pardon"?

If not, then there would appear to be a miscarriage of justice here? Oh, sorry, I forgot, "TIT"

Edited by sambum
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I remember the rice scheme was promoted to bring money to the poor farmers. And that is obviously one of those reasons those farmers voted for her.

But it was obvious that lots of middlemen make huge amounts of profit. And rice was sold by politicians with huge profit margins. And then the warehouses which were supposed to be full of rice - but somehow that rice disappeared.

Did she plan all this? No. Did her big brother plan it? I am sure he planned at least some of it.

Was she as PM responsible? Yes.

Should any person (anywhere in this world) be a candidate for PM, to lead the country, without huge knowledge about what is going on and how politics work? She was incompetent. That was obvious. She should have never applied for the job.

But she did apply for the job, and she was responsible, and bad things happened while she was officially in charge. She was responsible and she should be made responsible. "I am sorry" is not good enough. And "I have no idea, I just did what my brother told me to do" is not much better.

So, in your world, political responsibility (normal punishment: Lose election, no longer PM) translates in to criminal responsibility (punishment: years in prison)?

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1