What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

12 hours ago, recom273 said:

I can confirm that The Beekeeper is as bad as mentioned. Avoid at all costs, the fight scenes are more like brawls.

It was much better than John Wick 4. At least Beekeeper had a plot. 

Edited by gargamon
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, recom273 said:

I can confirm that The Beekeeper is as bad as mentioned. Avoid at all costs, the fight scenes are more like brawls.

The best acting in The Beekeeper movie comes from two maintenance guys fixing a leak in ceiling of the FBI field office.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Apologies if it has been mentioned earlier; I found an 'old' series (couple of months) called 'The Woman in the Wall' about the treatment of Irish girls who got pregnant & had their babies taken by the church.  Some great characters & realistic dialogue. I'm 2 episodes in of 6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Apologies if it has been mentioned earlier; I found an 'old' series (couple of months) called 'The Woman in the Wall' about the treatment of Irish girls who got pregnant & had their babies taken by the church.  Some great characters & realistic dialogue. I'm 2 episodes in of 6.

I thought TWITW was good and I enjoyed it.

The Space Shuttle That Fell to Earth

Whole series out now.

In 2003, Space Shuttle Columbia breaks apart in the skies above America. The astronauts’ families and Nasa staff share personal stories of the launch, unfolding disaster and fallout.

As Nasa prepares Space Shuttle Columbia for its 28th mission, excitement and trepidation build amongst the astronauts and their families as they count down to launch.

This programme hears from the seven astronauts - a mixture of veterans and rookies - and their families as they train for an awe-inspiring journey of a lifetime.

just watched new series TRACKER

Colter Shaw travels the country in his old-school RV to help police and private citizens solve crimes and locate missing persons until his latest case changes everything.

cheap knock off of JACK REACHER...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Has my sense of humour changed or has Curb Your Enthusiasm just got old and tired? This is the final season so maybe Larry David has got old and tired as well.

Still very funny to me.

One of the best shows ever in television history.

I am feeling sad that this really is the last season.

They are bringing back characters or themes from previous seasons which makes perfect sense in a FINALE season. 

BTW -- It REALLY is illegal to bring water to voters waiting in long lines for several hours in the hot sun in Georgia and most of those long lines are in black areas. To make that humorous which he does is pure genius.

Also the lawn jockey thing -- HILARIOUS!

The store clerk power tripping over bathroom access -- who can't relate to that?

He has done similar political type things before by making fun of how people react to Maga hats, the classic Palestinian chicken episode, the Vindman episode, etc. and always in a hilarious way.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

I've just started watching season 1 of Ivalo(Arctic Circle) and it's good so far IMHO. It was mentioned by @recom273 in last years topic. I couldn't find a complete season 1 at the time, so I downloaded individual episodes of season 1 from 1337x and therarbg(therarbg<.>to). I got complete season 2 from 1337x. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6800294/

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

The New Look

Set against the World War II Nazi occupation of Paris, “The New Look” focuses on the pivotal moment in the 20th century when the French city led the world back to life through its fashion icon Christian Dior. As Dior rises to prominence with his groundbreaking, iconic imprint of beauty and influence, Chanel’s reign as the world’s most famous fashion designer is put into jeopardy.

The interwoven saga follows the surprising stories of Dior’s contemporaries and rivals from Chanel to Pierre Balmain, Cristóbal Balenciaga and more; and, provides a stunning view into the atelier, designs and clothing created by Christian Dior through collaboration with the House of Dior.

On 2/12/2024 at 6:37 PM, recom273 said:

Is it even worse than Meg 2 The Stench?  That was so bad it wasn't even funny, and to add to the cringe it had a heavy dose of Chinese State Propaganda.

1 minute ago, Kinnock said:

Is it even worse than Meg 2 The Stench?  That was so bad it wasn't even funny, and to add to the cringe it had a heavy dose of Chinese State Propaganda.

I can't speak to "The Stench", but it was it was much better than "Meg 2". 

I am watching season 2 or "Reacher", and it's no sillier than that. 

• Agree 1

On 2/14/2024 at 1:10 PM, Yellowtail said:

I am watching season 2 or "Reacher", and it's no sillier than that. 

Yes Reacher season 2 is not a patch on the book it is based on unfortunately.

On 2/13/2024 at 1:26 PM, Henk Langeweg said:

Series I have seen recently and which are recommendable. IMHO.

you should try HALO. they have season 1 and now season 2 is out already ep 3. all around awesome. watched ep 3 yesterday and loved it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

you should try HALO. they have season 1 and now season 2 is out already ep 3. all around awesome. watched ep 3 yesterday and loved it

+1.

I had season 1 unwatched on my NAS since it broadcast but neglected to watch it thinking it was marvel-like. After starting downloading season 2, I gave it a go and pretty much binge watched season 1.

Had I realized it was from Showtime, I would have watched it much earlier. They do good sci-fi. The first few seasons of Stargate SG1 come to mind. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

ok...ok... so i love football... the real football... ya know? the one that real men play 555 ok you guys who arent canadian, or american... dont take it seriously...:sorry:  btw... canadian football puts american football to shame... only 3 downs. and no, canadian football and american football arent exactly the same.

--> this is a great tv documentary first 2 episodes are released

The Dynasty: New England Patriots Season 1

A 10-part series featuring never-before-seen footage of the New England Patriots&apos; 20-year journey from struggling franchise to football dynasty. In the process, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and Robert Kraft reveal the cost of greatn...

Genres:  Documentary
Actors:  Tom BradyBill BelichickRobert Kraft

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 6:25 PM, Yellowtail said:

Watched "Madam Webb" in 4DX today, I thought the movie was pretty bad, and I forgot how much I hate 4DX.

Madame Web (2024) - IMDb

Thanks .... saves me some cash - will wait for streaming, shouldn't be long.

I think the best recent Spiderman movie is the animated Into the Spider verse.

And over at Disney+ I tried to watch The Marvels .... couldn't even get half way through - looks like they tried to aim a movie at teenage girls, and missed.

On 2/16/2024 at 10:32 AM, Pouatchee said:

Shredded in the reviews on IMDB. I'll pass. May play the game Halo 3 at some point.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Shredded in the reviews on IMDB. I'll pass. May play the game Halo 3 at some point.

be the judge by yourself... many times i watch highly rated movies/shows only to be disappointed. try season 1 1st. it has a good storyline and the actors are ok. the cinematography beats many sci-fi movies hands down. you do what you wish... but it is quite good

• Love It 1