Where to meet 50 something like-minded individuals?

Why not reach out to people here who are local to you?

I've met 2 in Chiang Mai, I'll meet up with another couple I've exchanged PM's with eventually.

It would be helpful to broaden your criteria from "must want to talk about what I want to talk about" to "amiable, interesting person who seems to have gotten himself some sort of life". 

Your age requirement is another self-limiter.

Edited by Prubangboy

18 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Hash House Harriers

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

the good news is the groups are large so you should come across some good guys.

19 hours ago, mokwit said:

Not sure now the Soi 7 Biergarten is closed. You could also meet women in their 50's there (bless them).

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh no. That place was legendary. What happened?

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Problem with falang in bars particularly the older ones is they mostly talk the same nonsense, a dick size contest follows including how long you lived here

I remember the beergarden. There was some freelancer on her motorbike sitting at the enterance who gave me a 🤙 as I walked towards the enterance. When I went in there were a lot of german guys at beergarden having a beer snd looking like they wanted to meet me.

I get guys staring at me all the time that look like they want to talk. I even started doing "tactical sitting" so I'm not facing directly at them during drinks & meals. I don't typically want to talk to another 50's guy during a meal if we are both stag, especially if we have had too many "biers" in the "garten".

As for the sitting arrangement, it's rare for him to care which way I'm facing after all.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Celsius said:

Guys like me. Who have been married several times and are now quite happy to be alone.

Guys who are not afraid to walk on their own and don't need a woman to hold their hand.

The place where can we discuss best and latest meds over a beer or 2. 

Exchange different gaviscon formulas.

At the gym. 

I've never discussed medication, I don't take any but I'm sure some of the guys do. 

I don't talk much, mostly just say good morning and the occasional chit chat. 

There is always a chatterbox at the gym you can get along with. 

I meet lots of great guys there and quite a few sexy chicks 😎

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

22 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Gay clubs.   

Or just here on the forum, which seems to be the same as the gay clubs at time or so I've been told  :cheesy:

You mean like talking w/the body obsessive Scooby -Do ??

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Canterbury Tales bookshop,you will meet a lot 

On soi Pothole guys used to sit at Canterbury tales for ages just staring across to the lady bars across the st, watching men going in

• Haha 2

I doubt there are groups of people who meet to talk about their meds....

But, I do have friends that I can discuss anything with and they are knowledgable on many subjects... I don't even think medication is a main focus for doctors... 

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

On soi Pothole guys used to sit at Canterbury tales for ages just staring across to the lady bars across the st, watching men going in

so, you are saying you stare at the men who stare at the ladies? What a life - - 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

You mean like talking w/the body obsessive Scooby -Do ??

Something like that.

Was talking to a bud from Udon Thani and we got on subject of forums, as we enjoyed the UT ones for a while.

Like myself, he didn't realize AN was TV, and took a peek and decided it was a gay forum ... :cheesy:

Said he peeked at the first 10 ish pages of new content, and what stood out, was posts about penises (sizes, wood in the AM.etc etc), ladyboys, homosexuals movies, gender rights, pride parades, and same sex marriage, drag queen hour at schools, libraries, diversity this & that.

Hard to argue with his assumption ... :giggle: Must of peeked when all the gays & bi s were posting.   Too funny.

When I told him  it was rebranded TV, it sunk in, as he also pointed out the non alphabet threads were full of grumpy folks endlessly arguing.  

Edited by KhunLA

4 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

so, you are saying you stare at the men who stare at the ladies? What a life - - 

Not me, guys used to post about the weirdness of it on another forum, wouldn't be surprised if you were one of them

• Like 1

I am in Bang Bua Thong and drink 5 bottles of beer once a week (doctor's prescription). During that time I talk with my friends around the world online and we call it online beer. No many foreigners here so once a month or in two months I would enjoy live conversation.

On 1/2/2024 at 5:46 PM, Celsius said:

Guys like me. Who have been married several times and are now quite happy to be alone.

Guys who are not afraid to walk on their own and don't need a woman to hold their hand.

The psychiatric center

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Trying to eat healthy is hardly obsessive, you should try and lose that weight and diabetes legs

But criticizing others habits is what? I understand you need to be fit for the boystown crowd... for me, it is not as important... 

we don't put you down for your odd habits... or preferences. 

On 1/2/2024 at 1:46 PM, Celsius said:

Trying to meet 5 decent blokes in Thailand is tough....  trying to meet 50 something decent blokes would be almost impossible!

;-)

On 1/2/2024 at 1:46 PM, Celsius said:

Boodle's? (St James's)

Edited by Enoon

52 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

But criticizing others habits is what? I understand you need to be fit for the boystown crowd... for me, it is not as important... 

we don't put you down for your odd habits... or preferences. 

if you want to go to Boyztown just go don't bring me into it

On 1/2/2024 at 4:11 PM, Will B Good said:

Thank you!

The best people I've met in the US:

https://www.meetup.com/los-angeles-hiking-group/

I was part of that group and 4-5 other hiker groups for 15+ years. I wish there were similar group here.

OP, this is not very smart:

"Guys who are not afraid to walk on their own and don't need a woman to hold their hand"

- Hints you hate women... or can't get/hold them

- Good luck

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Trying to meet 5 decent blokes in Thailand is tough....  trying to meet 50 something decent blokes would be almost impossible!

50 something.....

I thought he was talking about age. 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1