Bangkok woman’s unexpected fall in lift shaft sparks high-rise rescue

webfact

image.jpeg

A Facebook user named NAKON45, also known as Anyawut Po-ampai, reported an alarming incident today. A woman had unexpectedly fallen into a lift shaft within a building located in the Bang Na district of Bangkok.

Officials were quickly alerted to assist, with the Ruamkatanyu Foundation dispatching a high-rise rescue team equipped with the necessary tools to help the woman who had fallen into the lift shaft of the building situated in Sukhumvit Soi 66/1, reported KhaoSod. The hope was that everyone involved would remain safe throughout the ordeal.

The post attracted a multitude of comments, with many expressing their wishes for the safety of the woman involved. Eventually, officials were able to successfully rescue the woman from the predicament, ensuring her safety.

In related news, a TikTok video shared by user @dreamiiqueen has gone viral, depicting a terrifying ordeal of being trapped alone in a lift that continuously ascends and descends.

by Nattapong Westwood

Photo courtesy of NAKON45 อัญวุฒิ โพธิ์อำไพ (Facebook)

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

Idiocracy strikes again.

She'd probably was glued to her phone as usual

Agreed, usually when the doors open one makes sure the lift floor is there to step onto.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

That was a totally different story, something that The Thaiger likes to tag on to yhe end of a report if it is remotely connected to the main story. A unique thing to do in my experience, and one that can lead to (your) confusion. Read it again and you'll see In related news...

I've been wrong about more important things before.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

Life is full of Ups and Downs 😂🤣😂

And Ins and Outs, sometimes very fast and numerous times with a minute.

Edited by scorecard
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Whilst you are correct, surely there must some kind of safety mechanism that prevents the doors opening if the elevator is not there? Was there? was it faulty?The article doesn't seem to mention what actually happened!

TiT.... nuff said.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RobU said:

Fully agree, apparently she did not fall down the lift shaft at all. She was trapped in the lift which stopped at the 58th floor despite her efforts to halt its progress. I presume the doors wouldn't open hence the emergency services were called. The idiot who wrote this article and created the headline is completely off his trolly.

We seem to be getting more and more of these Idiotic Headlines on a daily basis, tomorrow we'll hear it was only 18 floors high. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Whilst you are correct, surely there must some kind of safety mechanism that prevents the doors opening if the elevator is not there? Was there? was it faulty?The article doesn't seem to mention what actually happened!

She didn't actually fall down the lift shaft, she was trapped in the lift which stopped at the 58th floor according to the article, (another contributor to this forum says the building is only 18 floors high). The idiot who wrote this article and created the headline is a moron. I think it is the same 'reporter' who called deep drainage trenches 'sinkholes' when there were 3 separate incidents of the covers breaking and vehicles falling into the same exposed drain (as it crossed under different roads) and failed to link them

Edited by RobU
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

The woman actually fell down the lift shaft . What the article doesn’t say, is why, how it happened , which floor was the lift on, and from what floor she fell. Details matter. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RobU said:

Fully agree, apparently she did not fall down the lift shaft at all. She was trapped in the lift which stopped at the 58th floor despite her efforts to halt its progress. I presume the doors wouldn't open hence the emergency services were called. The idiot who wrote this article and created the headline is completely off his trolly.

The journalist - and I use the term loosely - combined two stories into one article. The woman trapped in the lift was not the same one who fell. Different woman, different location, different time, different social media user.

The lead article says A Facebook user named NAKON45, also known as Anyawut Po-ampai

In related news, a TikTok video shared by user @dreamiiqueen has gone viral, depicting a terrifying ordeal of being trapped alone in a lift that continuously ascends and descends.

The only 'relation' to the headline story is that it involved a woman and a lift. I can only assume The Thaiger pays peanuts and gets...... This writer is not the only one they employ who wouldn't last out the week at a proper news organisation.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The journalist - and I use the term loosely - combined two stories into one article. The woman trapped in the lift was not the same one who fell. Different woman, different location, different time, different social media user.

The lead article says A Facebook user named NAKON45, also known as Anyawut Po-ampai

In related news, a TikTok video shared by user @dreamiiqueen has gone viral, depicting a terrifying ordeal of being trapped alone in a lift that continuously ascends and descends.

The only 'relation' to the headline story is that it involved a woman and a lift. I can only assume The Thaiger pays peanuts and gets...... This writer is not the only one they employ who wouldn't last out the week at a proper news organisation.

Ye gods the reporter is truly an idiot 

• Agree 2

You have to be pretty dumb (or distracted) to step into an elevator shaft when no elevator is waiting for you.

Some more details about how exactly this happened would have been nice.

• Confused 1

Pushes elevator call button.

opens phone screen and locks in

Hears 'Ting' as elevator arrives and door(s) hiss open.

Steps forward still gazing at phone 

"Aieeeeeee........."

Sound of dull thud.

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

The idiot who wrote this article and created the headline is completely off his trolly.

I think his wheels fell off, seems unsecured like the Monorail. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Caldera said:

You have to be pretty dumb (or distracted) to step into an elevator shaft when no elevator is waiting for you.

Some more details about how exactly this happened would have been nice.

You could try reading the linked full story.

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

You could try reading the linked full story.

Unfortunately the linked story seems to be a Mish mash of 2 different incidents the links being both victims were women and there was a lift involved. It's total gobbledygook 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, rabas said:

That explains it. The reporters are suffering TicFace-TocBook disease. No cure.

It amuses me when there's a mention of tik toc for no reason whatever.

Edited by scorecard