Supreme Court to rule if Trump can run for president

CharlieH

6 hours ago, Trippy said:

The dems are really shooting themselves in the foot if Trump can't run. All the never-trumpers might not vote for Biden if there is another choice.  

So neither party gets a benefit. so what.

Your direction is obvious.

Did you miss this one from Trump's lawyer? 😃

Alina Habba hopes Justice Brett Kavanaugh rewards Trump for appointing him to SCOTUS by overturning Colorado’s insurrection clause decision

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/alina-habba-hopes-justice-brett-kavanaugh-rewards-trump-for-appointing-him-to-scotus-by-overturning-colorados-insurrection-clause-decision/

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Tug said:

Putin try’s to exterminate Ukraine……whereas under Biden for less than 6% of our defense budget Putin is stopped and exposed for what he is

So tell us all, even for only 6% of the defence budget, what business has the US in Ukraine?

No wait, no need, we all know that already from the info many years ago

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Tug said:

but then again Joe is kicking rear end he’s one magnificent old duffer in my humble opinion if the choice is Biden or trump obviously Biden is the superior one 

See you in November. Neither you or me will decide on that, but the US population will. And I have always been told, what the majority decides will be the right decision

19 hours ago, Trippy said:

The dems are really shooting themselves in the foot if Trump can't run. All the never-trumpers might not vote for Biden if there is another choice.  

The Supreme Court will clear the way for Trump to run.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, BenStark said:

See you in November. Neither you or me will decide on that, but the US population will. And I have always been told, what the majority decides will be the right decision

Trump has never won the majority in a presidential election.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Morch said:

If Trump is barred from running, what then? Who's the likeliest Republican candidate? And how does he/she stack vs. Biden? Also, assuming Trump is barred from running - might be an easy face saving way for Biden to withdraw (not saying it would happen) and then same question - who's the likeliest Dem candidate, and how does he/she stack vs. whomever the Republicans might field?

if Trump is barred from running, Biden probably loses.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, BenStark said:

If that were the case Trump would never have been President.

Ill informed comments from Trump supporters are not uncommon, they might even be the majority.

19 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A bit of a challenge for the Originalists on the bench of the SCOTUS, do they stick to their long held black and white view of how the Constitution should be interpreted or do they bow to the wishes of those who they owe their seats to?

Justice Gorsuch in particular is going to have a hard time squaring that particular circle.

Like Groucho Marx said, “Those are my principles, and if you don't like them…well, I have others.”

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

if Trump is barred from running, Biden probably loses.

Is that based on polls? Does it refer to any specific opponents? Is it your opinion?

• Like 1

I'm haunted by the realization that I didn't like any of those Dems on the debate stage in the 2019/2020 primaries. 

I refuse to think about succession if Joe dies in office. 

I did like Liz Warren chasing Bloomberg off the stage, I thought she was going to drag by his ear, like a school librarian.

"You are so outta here, mister!"

17 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I'm haunted by the realization that I didn't like any of those Dems on the debate stage in the 2019/2020 primaries. 

I refuse to think about succession if Joe dies in office. 

I did like Liz Warren chasing Bloomberg off the stage, I thought she was going to drag by his ear, like a school librarian.

"You are so outta here, mister!"

I think that political slim pickings are an international thing.

Hearing the same from people all over, Thailand for example.

Trouble is that such a state of affairs can also promote 'wrong' candidates.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, illisdean said:

The SCOTUS decision should have the left wing loonies (including anyone else reading this) jumping up and down and cheering the fact that the SCOTUS is going to hear the Colorado 14th Amendment case? Do they not have confidence that deep state unelected state officials can just make a decision on their own to strike candidates from the ballot based on some YouTube videos and J6 committee propaganda? If the dems are correct, then this decision by the Court to take up the case should come as GREAT NEWS and cause for celebration in the name of democracy! How about those reading this, you in favor of the SCOTUS to hear the CO case in furtherance of democracy and the right to vote for the candidate of your choosing or would you prefer banana republic democrat states continue to interfere in elections and take away your voting rights and the erosion to democracy?

If the latter, than you think their position will be validated and Trump will be removed for the ballots of any states where Democrat officials have the power under state law to do so. You should all be so lucky all the being willing advocates for the wreckers of democracy

This is getting too easy for Trump now: Biden’s destroying himself,  his action are the real threat to democracy in America, and Biden’s doing his level best to display it for all to see now. A Rasmussen poll (Jan-03/24) again finds economy as the number one concern of likely voters NOT Biden’s fake hoax claims of "democracy under threat" gaslighting. Why is America’s most corrupt, disliked and failed POTUS not addressing voter concerns instead of making up pathetic lies to American’s about his political rival and superior in Trump? Voters can see the weak and feckless Biden charade is failing as the pack of lies and failed policies it is and probably going to the next level as it implodes during Biden’s looming impeachment inquiry. Biden's done, deader than a door nail, he'll be tossed out soon in humiliating fashion.

The Supreme Court will rightly restore Trump to the ballot. And then he will lose to Biden.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Galong said:

Doctors can be bought. 

That's right, and that are also my thoughts when a president that falls on a stage, loses direction to his official residence, falls off the stairs to Air Force One and confuses his sister with his wife, is declared fit by a doctor

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, illisdean said:

The SCOTUS decision should have the left wing loonies (including anyone else reading this) jumping up and down and cheering the fact that the SCOTUS is going to hear the Colorado 14th Amendment case? Do they not have confidence that deep state unelected state officials can just make a decision on their own to strike candidates from the ballot based on some YouTube videos and J6 committee propaganda? If the dems are correct, then this decision by the Court to take up the case should come as GREAT NEWS and cause for celebration in the name of democracy! How about those reading this, you in favor of the SCOTUS to hear the CO case in furtherance of democracy and the right to vote for the candidate of your choosing or would you prefer banana republic democrat states continue to interfere in elections and take away your voting rights and the erosion to democracy?

If the latter, than you think their position will be validated and Trump will be removed for the ballots of any states where Democrat officials have the power under state law to do so. You should all be so lucky all the being willing advocates for the wreckers of democracy

This is getting too easy for Trump now: Biden’s destroying himself,  his action are the real threat to democracy in America, and Biden’s doing his level best to display it for all to see now. A Rasmussen poll (Jan-03/24) again finds economy as the number one concern of likely voters NOT Biden’s fake hoax claims of "democracy under threat" gaslighting. Why is America’s most corrupt, disliked and failed POTUS not addressing voter concerns instead of making up pathetic lies to American’s about his political rival and superior in Trump? Voters can see the weak and feckless Biden charade is failing as the pack of lies and failed policies it is and probably going to the next level as it implodes during Biden’s looming impeachment inquiry. Biden's done, deader than a door nail, he'll be tossed out soon in humiliating fashion.

The SCOTUS will make its decision, and unlike the right-wing, liberals will not whine endlessly about a Justice decision.

Actually, I guess that a significant number won't be unhappy to have Trump on the ballot, as he's likely easier to beat than others, such as Haley.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It's real simple. If Ukraine loses, then Putin moves to attack Latvia and Poland. If Trump is in power then, the US won't respond. And it will go downhill from there.

That's why Russia invests so heavily in talking points to be sent to Trump followers.

Simple? Yes, from your perspective.

If Ukraine loses and Putin attacks Latvia and Poland, then the US/NATO will have to respond. Everything may well go downhill from there but there would be no other real choice. If Putin starts biting into NATO, then does anyone really think that he would stop with just those two? 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Morch said:

I think that political slim pickings are an international thing.

Hearing the same from people all over, Thailand for example.

Trouble is that such a state of affairs can also promote 'wrong' candidates.

I thought he was a country and western singer.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

The Supreme Court will rightly restore Trump to the ballot. And then he will lose to Biden.

I regret to inform you that 50% does not qualify as a pass here.