Thailand moves to ban recreational cannabis use, 18 months after historic decriminalization

webfact

20 minutes ago, stoner said:

BP updated on this yesterday. the headline in the BP says....draft bill on cannabis not finished says cholnan. what was forwarded was the health ministries views on the subject. 

then he goes on to state it is his firm belief that cannabis should be used strictly as medical. HIS VIEWS is the key phrase here. 

a khao san road business rep went on to say that it possibly generates 20 to 30 mb alone for khao san road per month. multiply that throughout the countries tourist areas and you have a large sum of money.

VERY large. 

And possibly a large amount of problems amongst the buyers too .

• Confused 6
  • Haha 1

I think its happening already, I live darkside pattaya and there are more ganja shops here than 7/11s and pharmacies combined.

But, I have noticed 2-3 shut down over the last month, and this is middle of high season.

There is also a couple of high profile YT and tiktok channels promoting falang ganja and kratom shops, I dont think the government will let them run much longer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"We drafted this law to prohibit the wrong usage of cannabis," Health Minister Cholnan Srikaew told media this week. "All recreational usage is wrong."

Published on the health ministry's website on Tuesday, the new draft will allow only medical and health uses of cannabis, while outlawing all types of recreational use.

It provides for fines of up to 60,000 baht ($1,700) for recreational use while advertisement or marketing campaigns regarding such use could draw jail terms of up to a year or fines ranging as high as 100,000 baht.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-seeks-public-opinion-draft-end-recreational-cannabis-use-2024-01-10/

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1