Thai Woman Charged with Murder in Wales Over Death of Boy, 7

webfact

image.jpeg

Wales-Police have confirmed on January 12th, 2024, that a woman has been charged with murder following the death of a child in Haverfordwest.

42-year-old Papaipit Linse, born in Chiang Mai, Thailand, was arrested at the scene, and has now been charged with murder. She has been remanded in police custody to appear at court in Swansea (Saturday, Jan 13, Wales Time).

Forensic investigators spent all of the evening of January 12th at a top-floor flat on Upper Market Street, following the death of a seven-year-old boy in Haverfordwest. Pembrokeshire’s county town is in shock after the incident, which led to the arrest of Linse, believed to be the mother of the child.

Police vans lined the street outside the mixed retail and residential building, where neighbours and passersby have started laying flowers.

A neighbour, who preferred to remain anonymous, described witnessing paramedics responding to the incident, a sight that he said he found deeply upsetting.

The police confirmed the arrest of the woman soon after the incident. Neighbours know her as a reserved Asian woman, a single mother raising two children under challenging circumstances.

The ground floor of the building, formerly a physiotherapy studio and gym known as TriExercise, is a familiar landmark in the town’s Upper Market Street. Dr. Sean Phelan, a 69-year-old hospital doctor living next door, expressed his shock, noting that the woman was always quite friendly, although he did not know her well.

By Tom Sinclair

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-01-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

Stories like this, sometimes feels like a physical blow to me.   

I have a 5 year old grandson and 7 year old grand daughter of an adopted Thai born daughter.    She is a great mother to her kids!

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Jaggg88 said:

A single parent in England and Wales would receive child benefit for both children, universal credit, housing benefit, council tax paid, and free school meals. None of which would be available to her in Thailand.

''A single parent ...''

You do not know this woman or her circumstances. But bash away on your keyboard if it helps ease  the shock of the story for you. It's a nasty one certainly.

2 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So you know her personal circumstances, then?  Why not enlighten us.

A single parent in England and Wales would receive child benefit for both children, universal credit, housing benefit, council tax paid, and free school meals. None of which would be available to her in Thailand.

So what?  I asked him if he knew her personal circumstances which he professed to know as he called them "nonsense", not generally available state benefits.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, redwhiteandblue said:

People in the UK will be shocked that a mother would kill her own 7 year old child. Whilst in the land of smiles...

They absolutely would not. The number of such cases in the UK has been rising noticeably in recent years. 

The aforementioned Alfie Phillips is just one example among many.

As the article below states, there were already an average of 3 per month in 2021 and other reports show the numbers continuing to rise.

Three children killed by abusive families every month in England, shocking figures show

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Plenty of cases of UK 'parents' abusing and causing the death of their little kids in the UK.... a recent jailing of a couple for deserved long terms was in  the news, heart breaking stuff. Kid was Alfie Phillips.

Either way it's a tragedy.

6 hours ago, cowellandrew said:

Asian woman, a single mother raising two children under challenging circumstances.

What nonsense free nhs, free schooling, benefits etc,

Wow.

So much empathy, and you obviously know all the facts and details about the lady's circumstances, which you didn't bother to post.

She is a single mother, is she divorced or a widow. How long has she lived in the UK for example?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Plenty of cases of UK 'parents' abusing and causing the death of their little kids in the UK.... a recent jailing of a couple for deserved long terms was in  the news, heart breaking stuff. Kid was Alfie Phillips.

Thanks for stating the facts, Sir. There are just too many myopic people on TV/AN these days who believe people are oblivious of happenings in the so-called West.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wxyz1 said:

Thanks for stating the facts, Sir. There are just too many myopic people on TV/AN these days who believe people are oblivious of happenings in the so-called West.

I felt so saddened by that tale of woe.....

13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So what?  I asked him if he knew her personal circumstances which he professed to know as he called them "nonsense", not generally available state benefits.

What has her personal circumstances have to do with the fact she was charged with murdering her 7 year old son? It doesn't matter if she's on welfare, food stamps, free housing or is working to support herself and family, or if she is extremely well off. None of this is any reason to kill her own child is it? A person who murders a child is a very disturbed individual. Stress is known by all of us who raise children, especially as I have been as a single dad. Hurting your child because of stress isn't an excuse. You hurt a child, you lose them. You kill a child, you lose freedom, and when you get to jail, you lose a lot more. I have an ex here that has primary care of our daughter in a joint custody situation., where I get her weekends. She has hit my daughter before and isn't teaching her much besides deception and lies, and kidnapped her 4 times and hid her from me because she is a covert narcissist with depression and an abusive background. Nothing was done here because they think the mother gets the kids no matter what. In America she would have lost custody, been jailed, and only allowed supervised visitation.  Another reason Thailand is behind other countries. And yet another reason I will take my daughter to America where she will have a better, safer, life. You seem to always stick up for locals no matter the behavior. Brown nosing doesn't help here, they don't care anyway. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

Wow.

So much empathy, and you obviously know all the facts and details about the lady's circumstances, which you didn't bother to post.

She is a single mother, is she divorced or a widow. How long has she lived in the UK for example?

Who would have empathy, or rather, sympathy, for a murderer, especially of her own child. Circumstances mean nothing. There are millions living in dire poverty that don't kill their own, and many who have money that do, in all countries. I fully understand raising children, as I've had 6, and they cause you to lose your mind sometimes, as all parents who care will attest, but no matter the situation, you don't take your anger out on a small child. If you need help, it is available, because stress from children is very real. So many, especially here, have children with men that have no intention of sticking around, or paying for that child's future. That's the court's problem here, and it won't change until fathers are made responsible for the children they make. Then they would think twice before having sex with many women and creating children that a lot of the time end up with grandma. Women raising children by themselves do have a very hard time, as well as dads that have custody, but again, it's no excuse to hurt those children. They are innocent victims of their parent's inability, or lack of desire, to care for them. Get help, as it's available, before you do something inexcusable and ruin your own life.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:
16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What has her personal circumstances have to do with the fact she was charged with murdering her 7 year old son?

I'm not condoning what she has been charged with but her personal circumstances were mentioned in the original article as, possibly, some kind of mitigation.  That's what they may have to do with the case.

I didn't bother to read the rest of your thesis, even though I'm sure it was very relevant to the Thai woman's circumstances.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Who would have empathy, or rather, sympathy, for a murderer, especially of her own child. Circumstances mean nothing. There are millions living in dire poverty that don't kill their own, and many who have money that do, in all countries. I fully understand raising children, as I've had 6, and they cause you to lose your mind sometimes, as all parents who care will attest, but no matter the situation, you don't take your anger out on a small child. If you need help, it is available, because stress from children is very real. So many, especially here, have children with men that have no intention of sticking around, or paying for that child's future. That's the court's problem here, and it won't change until fathers are made responsible for the children they make. Then they would think twice before having sex with many women and creating children that a lot of the time end up with grandma. Women raising children by themselves do have a very hard time, as well as dads that have custody, but again, it's no excuse to hurt those children. They are innocent victims of their parent's inability, or lack of desire, to care for them. Get help, as it's available, before you do something inexcusable and ruin your own life.

Few people would have sympathy for a person CONVICTED of murder, but many will have empathy for someone alleged to have committed the crime.

Though in your case, it seems the court of YOUR opinion is more important than anything else

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Few people would have sympathy for a person CONVICTED of murder, but many will have empathy for someone alleged to have committed the crime.

Though in your case, it seems the court of YOUR opinion is more important than anything else

My opinions mean nothing. We see she was charged with murder, which means there is evidence for an arrest. Yes, she has to be tried, and is in custody, so time will tell. There have been many who were actually convicted of murder and were, are, innocent, so there's always that. From what it says, the kids seemed to be well taken care of, but people can hide a lot, because no one knows what goes on in anyone's home besides those that live there. Women who are abused regularly will hide this from others because of shame, so you never know. I was just replying about the circumstances or her living conditions, which mean nothing if a child is killed. I've been subjected to things I never did, as have many, so I do understand what it's like to be a victim of other's lies and deception, until proven otherwise.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 5:35 PM, BusyB said:

''A single parent ...''

You do not know this woman or her circumstances. But bash away on your keyboard if it helps ease  the shock of the story for you. It's a nasty one certainly.

'The police confirmed the arrest of the woman soon after the incident. Neighbours know her as a reserved Asian woman, a single mother raising two children under challenging circumstances.'

I thought ppl not from the UK would like to know what sort of help is available to single parents as 'challenging circumstances' is very subjective journalism. Next time read the story.

On 1/14/2024 at 4:28 PM, webfact said:

Neighbours know her as a reserved Asian woman, a single mother raising two children under challenging circumstances.

Brit husband done a runner?

Perhaps he met her in Pattaya like many Brits do. Report from Pattaya News.

Very sad.

RIP

On 1/15/2024 at 1:46 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

So you know her personal circumstances, then?  Why not enlighten us.

They might be relying on the comment of a neighbour saying they'd never seen a man entering the premises. That might suggest the possibility she was a single mother but that may well not be the case.

If she is a single mother, and depending on how long she's been here, that must be a difficult position to find herself in. I would imagine it's bad enough for anyone, let alone her.