Your opinion of eradication of dogs

9 hours ago, nausea said:

✔️A nationally comprehensive spay and neuter  program would see immediate reduction, and total elimination of the problem with in a dog generation.

so you're saying at least  14-15 years of street mongrels roaming and wreaking havoc at will.  bad choice !

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Banning monks from feeding all the dogs that hang out at the temples would be a good place to start.

It's more about banning people from dumping dogs they don't want anymore at wats.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

So if you see a hospital cleaner in Sydney today swearing loudly at nothing in particular .. nothing to worry about ...he's remembering some dogs he saw in 2017

And he wants to be a Psychologist     🤣 😱🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Some these creatures love more than others.

They can smell your "Angst" and see you as prey. Have always some treats with you and make friends with them. Also talk to them. Not as you did at the bus station😂

Always have some doggie treats... just incase one sees you as prey  ?????......   erm...  :whistling:

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rwill said:

It's more about banning people from dumping dogs they don't want anymore at wats.

And stop the poor villagers feeding the damn monks who feed the damn dogs with the food the poor villages have give them for alms. (Or is it paws?)

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Too many dog owners have no clue about their dog's needs.  They give them food and water but little attention otherwise.  In the mubaan where we rented, I used to walk by so many houses with dogs that are starving for attention.  Their owners consider them solely as livestock that alert them when anyone approaches their property.

I found early on that they are indeed a kind of working animal, especially in rural areas. They're actually doing their job. It ain't the mutts' fault.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

As a fellow PTSD sufferer, I urge the OP to spend some around dogs in an ultra chill vibe.

This post is the opposite of self care.

Valid point - Dogs definitely have their place and that place is in society....  

Its the dangerous and stray dogs that can be an issue - its this issue which needs a resolved in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

i can think of many more people thaat need eradicating around the world - dogs treated well will be friends for life unlike fickle humans who are totally unpredictable - power hungry 0r silent with no personality

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

In Pratumnak the alpha males disappeared, dogs were calm and no problem, maybe the authorities got smart eventually and removed the alphas

You have no clue about Dogs social behaviour:cheesy:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Who are you to tell me and others what to do and work with? Do your blessed duty if you wish. As you pointed out in your post, your have your dogs fenced, but others have not. See, your project is failing. :-)

I have a suggestion for you.  Go to the up upper right-hand corner, click on your name, click on "Ignored Users", and place my name in there.  Viola!  Problem solved! :thumbsup:

But other than that?  This is an open forum, not an echo-chamber.   We all have our own views an opinions.  I am making sound suggestions - not just ranting.  You can chose to consider the suggestions or reject them.  Fine with me either way.  Up to you.

The reality is that illegal to go around killing dogs.  And I don't see any future in what's left of my life to where the Thailand government will ever cull dogs like they do in the West.  Farangs who are at least partially assimilated into Thai society should understand that.

So, for those who are really concerned about the out-of-control dog problem?  Be part of the solution!  And I've offered solid advice about how to proceed that is good for the dogs and good for society.  And that advice is to work with others within your community to spay and neuter the dogs that you can in the community. 

And with that, have a wonderful day!  :smile:  Woof Woof!

Tom_Hardy_Dog.jpg.a292c058499e8f373621552b14870f80.jpg

Edited by connda
  • Thanks 2

The thing Buddhism gets wrong about the dogs is that just ignoring them is not compassion. Doing nothing could be considered abusive and is harming a suffering animal. Neutering them could help unborn dogs not suffer, but the existing dog is still suffering.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Let's see who lives a happier life. (Hint: it won't be the vermin)

How you know this? When have you ever been a vermin? 😂😂😂. My dog is a happy dog....unless he might meet you?🥳🥳🥳.

But in some respect you're right. There are indeed too many stray dogs. Sometimes as a dangerous rat pack. There was a plan a few years ago. Ownership and responsibility combined with a small tax. The ownerless dogs could have gone to the dogs. However, we're in Thailand.... Have a good evening🙏

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

Absolutely agree Stoner,  they are pests, vermin,  and downright dangerous for kids and old people.

where is Thai mentality ?

don't they see it as a problem ?     they just wait for the next dog attack victim at the hospital ?

are they really so uneducated that they cannot see the dogs are a big problem in Soi's and Villages.

Not educated. Just Buddhists.🙏

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

uh , a fantasy ... get help .

It's these sick women who need help, far more common than most realise, or want to admit

Edited by proton
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

In Buddhism dogs are a symbol of wisdom and compassion. They also might be the reincarnation of someone's grandma, so goes the thinking

here. Clearly a compassionate way of reducing the numbers and limiting strays is needed but you'll never eradicate them all.

8 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

In Buddhism dogs are a symbol of wisdom and compassion. They also might be the reincarnation of someone's grandma, so goes the thinking

here. Clearly a compassionate way of reducing the numbers and limiting strays is needed but you'll never eradicate them all.

The compassionate way IMO  is to reduce their numbers through attrition. 

Sterilization will reduce the birth rate to that below replacement, consequently their numbers will decline to manageable levels. , 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

What about the cows pigs and sheep that get slaughtered everyday?

SO now the OP meets a gang of Australians, they are banging him up.

Another PTSD develops and he will say all Aussies dead !?

Though it is happening in Australia with refugees, they are on islands, in detention centers and Aussies let them just die.

Government with PTSD for refugees?