Thai Immigration updates online system for 90-day reporting

"...why doesn’t Immigration just scrap the requirement?

"...There are several reasons why this requirement may still be in place:

"Firstly, it helps the government keep track of the number of foreign nationals in the country and their whereabouts. This is especially important in managing overstays and ensuring that visitors comply with the terms of their visas.

"Secondly, it’s part of the national security policy and by keeping updated records of foreign residents, authorities say they can more effectively monitor and prevent illegal activities."

Of course, it doesn't actually accomplish any of those purposes, but sure, whatever 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TaoNow said:

I tried to log in.

Couldn't pass the CAPTCHA test, despite many tries.

1st time. It does look as if you haven't registered as captchs case sensitive but I then checked my email and it was accepted.

Edited by Thaiger1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

The best improvement will be to cancel this communist era, paranoiac system all together and save

everyone, the Immigration and all of us an unnecessary time and men power wasting exercise,

A country that gets aprox. 30 millions tourist a year and hundreds of thousands of expats should

have the best and most efficient system in the world but Thailand is still way, way far from it...

It you've resided here for 5 years + they should void you from having to repeat this draconian measure.

I've informed them now 64 times I live at the same address.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

The super "new" system has just rejected my wife's 90 day because the system says she is on a tourist visa! 

She has been on a retirement extension of stay for 21 years!

So the unwanted trip to immigration is necessary yet again!

IMO the TM.30 is far more important..no need for a 90 Day Report, nor a Residency Certificate.

Edited by tandor
extra

There was a recent post regarding the AN upgrade and all the "features" it provided, so I had FULL skepticism in trying out the "new and improved" immigration website. Much to my surprise, I logged in flawlessly.

There may be hope yet.

10 hours ago, TaoNow said:

I tried to log in.

Couldn't pass the CAPTCHA test, despite many tries.

Check to see that you have correctly filled in all information. My experience if you missed a fillable data cell or used unacceptable symbols in a data cell catcha won't work.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The Immigration Bureau (IB) has introduced an online reporting system for foreigners staying in Thailand for more than 90 days

What is the link? Different than the 90-day notification link?

I'm reminded just how effective the 90-day reporting system is at maintaining enforcement and compliance with Immigration rules.....

...every time I read a news report here about this or that farang having lived here unbothered for 4, 6, 10 etc. years past their last permission to stay date, usually until someone grasses on them for some reason.

:burp:

past 2 reports, including one just 2 days ago was rejected for an unknown reason, mind you its something like 6-7 years on doing it online every 90 days.

went in, in person asking why rejected only to not to get any explanation 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Online Reporting for Foreigners Staying Over 90 Days in Thailand

image.jpeg

BANGKOK (TNA) – The Immigration Bureau (IB) has introduced an online reporting system for foreigners staying in Thailand for more than 90 days, marking the first-ever implementation of this service.

The initiative, initially targeting investors under the promotion of the Board of Investment (BOI), is expected to stimulate the economy and boost tourism in Thailand.

Pol Lt Gen Itthipol Itthisarnronnachai, Commissioner of the Immigration Bureau, along with relevant authorities, announced the commencement of the “90 days online notification” service. This allows foreigners to report their residence status when staying in the kingdom for more than 90 days through an online platform.

The system aims to provide convenience to international tourists, enabling them to submit advance notifications 15 days prior to the expiration of their 90-day stay. Notifications can be made at any time through the online portal at www.immigration.go.th. Once registered, users will receive a password via email, allowing them to log in and submit their 90-day notification. Approval results will be sent via email or accessed through the website www.immigration.go.th.

Full story: TNA-MCOT 2024-01-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Just the linked registration doesn't work, doesn't show captcha......is this a joke or who is being taken for a fool here?:cheesy::stoner::cheesy:

• Agree 1

Have never used it but can't help noticing that they announce a major fix or upgrade at least 3 or 4 times a year ...

I quite enjoy my regular visits to Surin Immi. Anthropologically fascinating (on both sides of the counter), and it's only 5 minutes further on along the Surin city ring road to Robinson and a nice lunch then shopping at Tops. Makes a lovely change of routine for us both.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh Boy...here we goShould just leave well enough alone as it was simple already and worked perfectly. "Upgrading" and "streamline" usually have the exact opposite effect here in Tie-LAN.

I'm laying 3-1 odds that it's now a fustercluck. 🤣

35 minutes ago, proton said:

No time to wade through all this, does this mean existing users of the 90 day reporting site which has been working well have to re register?

No, it does not - just logged in with same ID as usual.

Didn't notice any changes in the site anywhere, history still intact, the passport number and nationality is still enough to populate the TM47 as before.

• Thanks 2

Just now, rwill said:

OMG.  I hope it still works...

What do you mean by "still works"?

For many, including me, it is a hit and miss system!

Even though none of my circumstances have changed, i.e. same passport, same address, never left the country or stayed at a hotel and use the repopulate button after entering my Passport number and nationality is it roughly a 50/50 chance of acceptance.  

The online system is cr@p!

8 hours ago, Thailand said:

I think I will have given immigration my address in various forms about 70 times over the years, you would think they would know it by now.

90 days causing overcrowding at immigration offices?

Just do away with this antiquated requirement- job done!

As far as I know it's NOT about knowing your past address where you might have lived for years. It's more about knowing the recent address where they could find you in case they would like to find you! Or are you handicapped and can't move to another address (theoretically)? 🤔

Another reason I left , I like to travel, and was in Kolok doing some birding. They would not let me do the 90 day report there, I had to fly back to Chiang Mai?? To do a 90 day report. Screw their 90 day report. And , all their ongoing rules and reg's.  I have been in countries that make Thailand look like a 1'st world utopia, and did not have half the problems with immigration. IMO just another Autocratic run country that will fall to the wayside eventually.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Sad 1