Trump is dominating the primaries. That doesn’t mean he’ll beat Biden

Social Media

32 minutes ago, heybruce said:

News flash:  Some of us read the links that we post, and even read the links of posts we reply to.  The last part can be fun, I sometimes find links posted in support of a position actually decisively undermine it. 

Like your link. 

Since you don't read unless things are made very short and simple and put right in front of you:

I am happy to read and respond to anything you write. You can make it long and complex, it's fine. 

Biden's two key tax proposals are a minimum 20% tax on the very rich, $100 million or more,

Not so. From your link: 

"A key part of Biden's new economic policy agenda is a billionaire's tax, which would set a minimum tax for the wealthiest Americans, the White House said.

The Biden administration has offered scant details about the proposal, but it appears to closely resemble a policy that Biden put forward last March. At that time, he called for a tax rate of at least 20% on Americans who bring in at least $100 million per year."

So, all it said was Biden wants to tax the rich, and it's just the author guessing what the plan might be. 

It goes on to say how Biden is a capitalist, tells a few lies about the tax code and then claims Biden thinks everyone (except apparently Hunter) should pay their fair share. 

...and a tax increase on share buybacks.

Which will likely cost working class Americans a lot more than it will billionaires.

Then the go on to say that the greedy Republicans will kill it anyway. 

The article is a puff-piece to make Biden look like he cares about working family's. 

My biggest reservation about it is the same reservation I have about all adjustments to the tax system; I don't think tweaking a ridiculously complicated system is good enough, I think it needs a massive overhaul.  However that is off-topic.

I'm with you on that brother. 

You may resume your trolling.

You can continue making stuff up. 

11 minutes ago, heybruce said:

What part of taking money from extremely wealthy people and spending it on programs that help the less well off needs to be explained to you?

The part that shows how throwing money at the poor helps them. 

I "seem to think"?  I understand that the economy is not a zero sum game.  I also understand that providing education, health care, day care and other programs that benefit those who need it most makes them more productive.  I explained how income ratios work. I asked you to challenge anything I posted, not in vague general terms but with specific data and examples.  You failed to do so.

So education, healthcare, daycare would all be much better if only they had more money? 

You are like a three year old that responds to every explanation with "Why?".  You are trolling.

And you are like someone that can only come up with "because" for an answer. 

52 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Like your link. 

I am happy to read and respond to anything you write. You can make it long and complex, it's fine. 

Not so. From your link: 

"A key part of Biden's new economic policy agenda is a billionaire's tax, which would set a minimum tax for the wealthiest Americans, the White House said.

The Biden administration has offered scant details about the proposal, but it appears to closely resemble a policy that Biden put forward last March. At that time, he called for a tax rate of at least 20% on Americans who bring in at least $100 million per year."

So, all it said was Biden wants to tax the rich, and it's just the author guessing what the plan might be. 

It goes on to say how Biden is a capitalist, tells a few lies about the tax code and then claims Biden thinks everyone (except apparently Hunter) should pay their fair share. 

Which will likely cost working class Americans a lot more than it will billionaires.

Then the go on to say that the greedy Republicans will kill it anyway. 

The article is a puff-piece to make Biden look like he cares about working family's. 

I'm with you on that brother. 

You can continue making stuff up. 

You asked for Biden's tax plan, I provided a link that explained his plans.  Getting you to read the link was a challenge.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The part that shows how throwing money at the poor helps them. 

So education, healthcare, daycare would all be much better if only they had more money? 

And you are like someone that can only come up with "because" for an answer. 

No where did I propose throwing money at the poor.

Yes, especially where there is no healthcare, daycare or early childhood education.

No, I provide explanations which you deny are explanations.

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You asked for Biden's tax plan, I provided a link that explained his plans.  Getting you to read the link was a challenge.

I read it when you posted the link, and no, as I showed in my post it did not explain the plan. Even if you did not read it carefully enough to understand it, you should have seen where I showed it did not. 

I think it is deceitfully of you to claim it "explained his plans" when clearly it does not, unless the plan is "tax the rich" which is what every lefty wants to do. 

“So long as the gap is smaller, they’d rather have the poor poorer.”

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

No where did I propose throwing money at the poor.

Yes, especially where there is no healthcare, daycare or early childhood education.

No, I provide explanations which you deny are explanations.

Where is there no education?

Where is there no healthcare?

Where is there no early childhood education?

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're neither genuine nor curious. 

Yeah I am. Like I’ve said to my friends “I literally know nobody who likes Biden”…. Which was obvious before he got elected btw. 

So, can I take it you do not approve of his presidency? I don’t know why you think I have ulterior motives. I think my only motive is to know if you actually like him or not.

27 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Yeah I am. Like I’ve said to my friends “I literally know nobody who likes Biden”…. Which was obvious before he got elected btw. 

So, can I take it you do not approve of his presidency? I don’t know why you think I have ulterior motives. I think my only motive is to know if you actually like him or not.

Sure I like him.

I don't love him.

I don't worship him.

Trump maga is a fascist cult of personality.

Biden is a normal president.

I'll take normal over Trump insanity any day of the week.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sure I like him.

I don't love him.

I don't worship him.

Well it’s good to hear someone actually likes him I suppose. I cant find anyone. I mean really if you try to find people who support biden publicly it’s a long road to hoe to find one.
i think he’s very far from a “normal” president, but I’ll let others decide for themselves. He’s quite preposterously abnormal actually. 

2 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Well it’s good to hear someone actually likes him I suppose. I cant find anyone. I mean really if you try to find people who support biden publicly it’s a long road to hoe to find one.
i think he’s very far from a “normal” president, but I’ll let others decide for themselves. He’s quite preposterously abnormal actually. 

You're in a bubble. 

Normal in that he understands an American president isn't a King or dictator.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I read it when you posted the link, and no, as I showed in my post it did not explain the plan. Even if you did not read it carefully enough to understand it, you should have seen where I showed it did not. 

I think it is deceitfully of you to claim it "explained his plans" when clearly it does not, unless the plan is "tax the rich" which is what every lefty wants to do. 

“So long as the gap is smaller, they’d rather have the poor poorer.”

The article explains the top level plan.  It does not go into detail.

The last quote must be yours, it certainly isn't mine.

57 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Where is there no education?

Where is there no healthcare?

Where is there no early childhood education?

Replying to posts with questions you can easily answer yourself is trolling.  I'm done with it.

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, every leftist on here loves, or at least likes him. 

I wonder what exactly would have to happen to change their minds. I mean, it’s all happened already 😂
When people do not have to live in the United States directly under his policies I suppose it isn’t as bad. That’s the only thing I can think of that would make him likable by expats

Edited by Robert Paulson

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sure I like him.

I don't love him.

I don't worship him.

Is this really what passes for a "normal" president nowadays?  The man is senile and needs to be at home getting looked after by a nurse, not running a country.   

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Identify the part where it states how it will help the poor. 

Explain the part where taxing share buybacks "Which will likely cost working class Americans a lot more than it will billionaires."  That's what you posted, without any source or explanation.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

This from someone who stated he doesn't read links that don't come with a summary.

Where in that link does it support your claim that taxing share buybacks ‘Which will likely cost working class Americans a lot more than it will billionaires.’