Amusing scams that you have fallen victim to.

In my first year living here full time I met a girl online.

She was an absolute hard ten, smart as a whip, and had a high paying job with a major Thai company working in Thung Song district.

I was living in Phuket at the time and so rode my Harley over there to meet her for the first time.

Despite viewing numerous photos of her via email, upon meeting her in person I was rather shocked at how stunning she was.

The plan was to go on a dinner date and she told me that she knew of this restaurant in the jungle that had private candle lit salas.

Perfect I said...let's go...

The rule is to never eat seafood at a restaurant that is more than one hour from the coast, however I decided to order stir fried squid.

I could not see whether the restaurant was busy or not because the salas were set apart in the jungle.

My beautiful date had very decent English and things were going great.  I was excited.

Then the food arrived.

All of the dishes were lack lustre at best.

But something was very off with my squid.

It was not rotten but it just did not taste right.

The sala was only candle lit, so I turned on my phone flash light to inspect my meal more closely.

There was not any squid in my dish, only pieces of boiled egg white cut into strips to look like squid.

I did not even mention it to my girl and ate the entire dish like it was the best food on the planet.

I was not going to let anything torpedo that date.

Over to you....

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

She was an absolute hard ten, smart as a whip, and had a high paying job with a major Thai company working in Thung Song district.

I was living in Phuket at the time and so rode my Harley over there to meet her for the first time.

Despite viewing numerous photos of her via email, upon meeting her in person I was rather shocked at how stunning she was.

The plan was to go on a dinner date and she told me that she knew of this restaurant in the jungle that had private candle lit salas.

The rule is to never eat seafood at a restaurant that is more than one hour from the coast, however I decided to order stir fried squid.

I could not see whether the restaurant was busy or not because the salas were set apart in the jungle.

My beautiful date had very decent English and things were going great.  I was excited.

Then the food arrived.

The sala was only candle lit, so I turned on my phone flash light to inspect my meal more closely.

There was not any squid in my dish, only pieces of boiled egg white cut into strips to look like squid.

I did not even mention it to my girl and ate the entire dish like it was the best food on the planet.

Over to you....

How is that a scam?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

Then the food arrived.

Over to you....

Love your post mate .😀

12 years ago..First week in Thailand and my first time in Lazada, I didn’t know a single word in Thai,  I ordered two car jacks and received miniatures😂😂😂

IMG_2931.jpeg

Edited by Tarteso
  • Haha 1

For a real scam.

One of my idiot boys got a text message,

You have a delivery with incorrect address you need to pay $0.30 to update delivery address, please enter your CC details

Idiot young boy fell for the classic scam.

Between the time me and and his co-workers telling him this was frikkin scam the scammers had emptied his bank account

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

1 thing I've noticed is tastes vary, one man's 10 is another's 7

My friend Peter and I have a similar taste for girls. Our only main difference is that he likes big boobs, and I don't care. Often we agree about which girl on stage looks best. But sometimes he tells me something like: Look at that beauty at the end of the stage. I look, and don't see any beauty over there. But then I have another look and there is one girl with big boobs and not much else. He saw her, and when he saw the boobs, he somehow forgot about all the rest. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What's better, living a life the way you want it and possibly dying in a motorcycle accident or living a boring live and being killed walking over a zebra crossing. Your choice! 

We all die, don't worry too much about it.

Yeah, good point.

Some people climb Everest knowing they will die too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

1 thing I've noticed is tastes vary, one man's 10 is another's 7

And one man's 10 may be another man's ladyboy.

37 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Yeah, good point.

I did, but I didn't.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Yeah, good point.

Some people smoke, drink, eat junk every day, and never exercise for half a century and never seem to think it'll kill them.

This is probably most people actually. 

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

2 more stories about motorcycle accidents this week on AN. 

Your biggest scam is thinking riding a Harley makes you cool. 

Stupid motorcycles. 

I had ridden motorbikes my whole life from the age of 5.  Never owned a Harley but I had just sold my business, retired early, and was living the dream.  I had six other motorbikes and two trucks at the time if that makes you happy.

The Harley sucked.  It was a heavy pig of a thing to ride and always a drama if you got a flat tire or needed a spare part.

I have multiple stories of incompetent mechanics working on it.  Not scamming, just no *ucking idea what they were doing.

As I have already posted on another thread I was riding this bike when I was hit by a out of control minivan on a wet road at the top of the mountain on the road from Surin to Kamala. I landed against the mountainside in the drain and broke two of my ribs (at the back) against a rock.  I was lying in the drain all banged up and the bike on top of me.  Van driver made eye contact with me and then speed off.  Never caught the *rick because it was one of those cookie cutter white Toyota vans everyone drove back then and I could not get his licence plate number.

Yes bikes are dangerous...and especially so in Phuket.  Thepkrasattri Rd is literally the most deadly strip of tarmac on the planet if you look at bike deaths as a per capita statistic.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/28/2024 at 7:53 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

What's better, living a life the way you want it and possibly dying in a motorcycle accident or living a boring live and being killed walking over a zebra crossing. Your choice! 

We all die, don't worry too much about it.

What's stopping you?

• Confused 1

On 1/27/2024 at 9:15 PM, Adumbration said:

Then the food arrived.

Over to you....

On 1/27/2024 at 10:16 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

I think that he's just showing off about his bike and girl 

My thought too, roundabout way to get in a little boasting.

• Agree 1

On 1/27/2024 at 9:15 PM, Adumbration said:

Then the food arrived.

Over to you....

Please tell us the rest of your story. How it ends up with your Queen??😂

On 1/28/2024 at 8:20 AM, save the frogs said:

Yeah, good point.

Yep, most of the flying falangs in Pattaya have a death wish. 🤣😂🤣

• Agree 1

The most amusing scam that I fell victim to was named the "Mary S" scam. AKA wife #2.  Amusing now  30 years later.  Doctor,  just beginning. Blond, blue eyes, very hot bod, beautiful, western girl, family ranch in Montana, but alas,  an alcoholic.  It weren't 24 months from my saying "Hi honey, what's your name? " to my saying after divorce final "if you call me again, I'll get restraining order and you'll never practice medicine again".  Now 30 years on  the story is amusing back then not amusing.

10 hours ago, ignore it said:

The most amusing scam that I fell victim to was named the "Mary S" scam. AKA wife #2.  Amusing now  30 years later.  Doctor,  just beginning. Blond, blue eyes, very hot bod, beautiful, western girl, family ranch in Montana, but alas,  an alcoholic.  It weren't 24 months from my saying "Hi honey, what's your name? " to my saying after divorce final "if you call me again, I'll get restraining order and you'll never practice medicine again".  Now 30 years on  the story is amusing back then not amusing.

Was she a Dutton?