Big Joke says police and Thailand vindicated after German trip where sex abuser recanted hi

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy National Police Chief General Surachate Hakparn, on a visit to Germany,

I thought Octoberfest in Bavaria was September? 

You know, where they unload last year's old beer onto drunk consumers who will then proceed to mix Sprite into the beer "so they won't get so drunk". 🤪

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Bail, Bond, Bribe, these are just words, and they allow for the same result: after being arrested and facing prosecution you may pay the (insert your favorite b-word) and subsequently leave the country. Either there is no legal mechanic (confiscation of passport, Immigration flag, etc.) to ensure a suspect can't leave the country, or there is, and paying that b-word removes that obstacle - the result is the same no matter what you call it.

So, Big Joke (another b-word), fix your system and maybe you won't be so embarrassed by it in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

How else did he get out of the country? unless he had more than one passport

Wasn't there a large bag of money mentioned. What was that for, to wedge a door open for the guy to escape?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I read the linked article several times.

All of the narrative comes from Hapkarn.

The effort to paper over Thailand's lax enforcement of underage prostitution, and police bribes is admirable, I guess.

Indeed. All this from the same ‘news’ outlet that ‘planted’ a story claiming that girl was actually seventeen: https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2023/12/11/german-faces-pattaya-sex-charge-at-home-jens-kirch/

Whilst today’s article states that the girl was fourteen. 

Furthermore they blame DW, when the original documentary was aired nine months before DW aired it. Even Al Jazeera showed it beforehand. 

Always about the customer of the bar, never about the pimps providing underage kids in that Pattaya bar. Why has the owner of the bar, not the manager, been arrested and taken to court? I 'wish' they had been.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

Always about the customer of the bar, never about the pimps providing underage kids in that Pattaya bar. Why has the owner of the bar, not the manager, been arrested and taken to court? I 'wish' they had been.

Why, because the owner is more than likely a member of or a realitve of an upstanding member of RTP. 

55 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Why, because the owner is more than likely a member of or a realitve of an upstanding member of RTP. 

No it's not it's a British owner of multiple bars

• Like 1

The moral of the story is... Just make sure you've got enough ready cash to be given a free pass to exit the country. The police will then cover their ass and you'll be scot free. Problem solved :(