Massive extortion network within the govt itself now probed by police

webfact

From the linked article:  "the top policeman leading the inquiry spoke of an evil incubus at the centre of the affair."

Very odd choice of words.  Does it imply that the man concerned rapes sleeping (possibly drugged?) women? If so, shouldn't he be arrested for that?

Also, aren't all incubi inherently evil?

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Foxx said:

From the linked article:  "the top policeman leading the inquiry spoke of an evil incubus at the centre of the affair."

Very odd choice of words.  Does it imply that the man concerned rapes sleeping (possibly drugged?) women? If so, shouldn't he be arrested for that?

Also, aren't all incubi inherently evil?

Translator's licence I'd say. The policeman obviously didn't use those words in English. I can't see anything in Thai news stories yet that would give this translation. Probably an odd translation of ยักษ์ or พ่อยักษ์ which he used a couple of days ago. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Agree 1

There are obvious limits to how far up the political hIerarchy one can go before being stopped in Thailand.  Whoever the highest ranking fall-guy ends up being, there will almost certainly be someone higher ranking who will not be prosecuted.

• Agree 1

And how many Politicians and Cohorts will get Jail time ?   My guess would be...ZERO   !

And another thing; this Cop who's leading the charge will be chopped off at the knees long before the investigation gets to anyone 'Important' !

• Agree 2

55 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

And how many Politicians and Cohorts will get Jail time ? 

Depends on whether they're investigating the opposition party politicians.  They'll go to jail...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The question is why go through this exercise?

Is it possible that some corrupt types were trying to avoid passing the required funds higher up the food chain?

Or, is it the case that The Powers That Be have to periodically sacrifice one of their own to appease the public?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Basic principle: You can be subject to extortion only if you have been involved yourself in criminal activity.

This isn't true. You can be extorted for having an affair, or you can be extorted by having the extorters threaten to, for example, harm your family.

23 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

I think a former convict MP might be at the very center of this. Something to do with proclaiming it was only flour.....

Spot on!

From the linked article ...

Eakluck Wareechol is believed to be a key figure in the plot. Police suggest he acted as a broker between a mysterious figure identified as Mr Mu.

The latter is understood to have collaborated with Mr Srisuwan and Mr Yoswaris.

Nevertheless, at this point, police are not yet certain whether this individual is an important witness or a suspect in the case. 

Meanwhile, it is understood from police sources that Mr Mu is an adviser to a senior cabinet minister.

The senior cabinet minister is none other than Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Thammanat Prompow.

land departments, when will they start to clean up that mess

denied in 2 different places, LAT KRABANG and SAMUT PRAKARN

for a total legal usufruct on a house I planned to buy as a gift to GF

different law firms claim it is possible, but have to pay a BRIBE

but the law firm itself, does not even want to quote their services

and the amount of the bribe...

Edited by john donson

I'm a bit confused on the crime.  So some government person who stole funds and gis buddies in the scheme were being extorted?  100 mil?  3 mil USD.  Police feeling  Pressure to stop investigating.   How so?