Staying at mil's house

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Copy of your wife's entry in mom's house book is all that's required.

Emm....it's not my wife that needs to show address..my wife and kids are of course in the blue house book... don't they ask for proof that this is my address?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have once done once here for CW and provide same copy of copy of receipt each year for extension of stay.

Just up the road in Pathum-Thani they want a new one each year.

No hassle, just do the form when we do our marriage extension. They also want a home visit each year too. 

20 minutes ago, Crossy said:

No hassle, just do the form when we do our marriage extension. They also want a home visit each year too. 

They are known for doing it their way - there should not be any need for a new TM30 unless you move AFAIK - as stated below. 

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

@Dan O

Police Regulations ,  TM30 in the case where a foreigner returns to the same address were published in the Royal Gazette in June 2020, effective 30 June 2020

Summary here -

http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2563/E/141/T_0001.PDF

What this means is that having once filed a TM30, if the foreigner temporarily stays elsewhere, but returns to his registered place of residence within the validity of his current permission of stay, or a valid multiple entry visa or a re entry permit and returns to his already registered place of permanent residence, then there is no requirement to file a further TM30.

See attached files

This is published in the Respected Royal Gazette of Thailand, no Immigration office in the country is above the Royal Gazette.

Peace.

TM30 reporting regulation (Eng).pdf TM30- 2020 regulation-Thai.PDF

• Like 1

We were doing this (well, nominally) for several years.

Pretty much what @BritManToo and @lopburi3 said.

I guess it all depends on the specific IO. Luckily, ours is very laid back, no hassles.

MiL never had to go to the IO, even. Signed the papers and we dealt with them.

They were even aware we're renting another place, but never really pursued the matter.

Now MiL lives with us, in the our new house. First IO visit they were a bit confused about it....

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Dan O said:

I know the regs so you didn't need to attach them for me. As you should already know if you live here is you follow the requirements laid out at your imm office. You play their game or you can take your ball and go home. Next time an imm officer request something different try quoting those regs and get back to us and let us know how it goes for you. You do know they can request any additional documents  they deem necessary dont you?

Indeed.

Also, sometimes this works it 'our' favor (less papers required) - don't recall anyone ever complaining about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Morch said:

Indeed.

Also, sometimes this works it 'our' favor (less papers required) - don't recall anyone ever complaining about that.

I agree. I don't like it when they pull items out of thin air but its their game and you have to play by their rules. Its always great to know what the real regs say but you can put yourself at a disadvantage when you act entitled and start arguing about a extra  piece of paper. You generally won't get to far and if you do it can come back to you in different ways

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Gday

When I did my marriage extension jomtien immigration requested to fill in a Thai form by my wife's sister who owns the place we live in. Along with that Thai form the sister's Thai id and her tabian naan.

Wbr

Roobaa01

On 2/3/2024 at 6:49 PM, DrJoy said:
On 2/3/2024 at 6:19 PM, Crossy said:

They also want a home visit each year too

Rogue office for sure

Rubbish. Trat also does home visit every year (and for retirement). 

• Agree 1

On 2/3/2024 at 8:03 PM, DrJoy said:

@Dan O

Police Regulations ,  TM30 in the case where a foreigner returns to the same address were published in the Royal Gazette in June 2020, effective 30 June 2020

Summary here -

http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2563/E/141/T_0001.PDF

What this means is that having once filed a TM30, if the foreigner temporarily stays elsewhere, but returns to his registered place of residence within the validity of his current permission of stay, or a valid multiple entry visa or a re entry permit and returns to his already registered place of permanent residence, then there is no requirement to file a further TM30.

See attached files

This is published in the Respected Royal Gazette of Thailand, no Immigration office in the country is above the Royal Gazette.

Peace.

TM30 reporting regulation (Eng).pdf 41.16 kB · 0 downloads TM30- 2020 regulation-Thai.PDF 319.84 kB · 0 downloads

This may well be the requirement, but in September when I went to extend my visa they asked for an updated TM 30. I had been to Phuket for 3 days. It wasn't a problem as my wife (house owner) was with me and updated there and then. Went out to print a copy for them.

Everything depends on the mood of the officer processing the extension. I have seen them disagree many times.

• Agree 1

On 2/4/2024 at 8:08 AM, Dan O said:

I agree. I don't like it when they pull items out of thin air but its their game and you have to play by their rules. Its always great to know what the real regs say but you can put yourself at a disadvantage when you act entitled and start arguing about a extra  piece of paper. You generally won't get to far and if you do it can come back to you in different ways

I have all my original documents (including my birth certificate. mother's death certificate) in a folder. I take that with me every time I visit a government office as you never know what they will ask for. I have also been asked at some government offices, if I was "interested in giving a tip" so I usually have 2K cash. I hate to pay more.

On an additional note: I did NOT have the 10K cash on me when applying for the yellow house book.

• Confused 2

MIL should do a TM-30 for you. She SHOULD have done a TM-30 when you moved to her address. ( When a foreigner stays at a location a TM-30 is required -ALSO- if a foreigner MOVES from point "A" to point "B" a TM-30 IS required within 24 hours.)

{{Why are you not wanting to be in your wife's house book - all Thai citizens are required to have a house book and ID card.}}

Getting a Yellow house book is easy.  I had one 3 months BEFORE I was married.  GF ( at that time ) and I went to immigration, She did a TM-30 update, THEN we went to amphor for house book. All done in a few hours..

On 2/3/2024 at 5:55 PM, richard_smith237 said:

No...  But if you were willing to go through the process, you could obtain a Yellow House Book which you can use to prove residence in most cases.

Applications can be made at your local Amphur (they'll give you a list of whats required).

Yes indeed. I did this years ago at my local amphur office in Bangkok. Got my yellow book and, incidentally, a pink ID card at the same time. Both have proven useful.

Edited by Thingamabob
Spelling error.
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/3/2024 at 7:03 PM, Lacessit said:

Living with any MIL would be my idea of hell, why can't the OP just rent a house or condo?

Actually I moved in with my wife's family long time ago. The FIL was one of the nicest people I have ever met. He was fantastic with my daughter and a great influence. We spent many a day interacting and was a great personal loss when he died. After his death it was revealed that he altered his will to provide for his daughter (my wife), his grand daughter (my daughter) with all his land etc, over his two sons. His reasoning was he trusted I would preserve the family resources better than his two sons. Which I have done.  So not all immediate Thai family members are difficult to live with. The MIL was also very nice but she died early in the relationship.

On 2/3/2024 at 11:47 AM, mrloy99 said:

Can Falang be added to the blue book?

No.
But you can apply for being registered in a Yellow House Book for Aliens after which you'll be eligible for a pink ID-card. The host/master of the house (in the Blue House Book) needs to give permission.

13 hours ago, brianthainess said:

copy2.jpg.c4aa7ec401eaaac30f34df69c4e18651.jpg.e057e432466b835b32a5a2d52fb519c8.jpg

Yes indeed. Always there are rules but a " get out" for any IO. In the case of requiring a regular TM30 filing when the regulations clearly state that is no longer required unless you have moved permanently to another address in Thailand and are on extensions of permission to stay at the address initially reported so this is just making life a little  more difficult for the foreigner for the sake of it. And what gets me is that it is not the foreigner's obligation yet the foreigner won't get any immigration service until it is done and a fine paid. Annual home visits too just make life a little  more trying for the sake of it.. And yes I do get that Immigration may need now and then to satisfy themselves one is genuinely living with your spouse where it has been reported you are living. But home visits on a retirement visa???