British man arrested in Bangkok for buying sex from underage girls in Hua Hin

webfact

Just now, NextG said:

First you ”spoke to a policeman involved with the case”. Here you “spoke to a friend who is a psychiatrist”

I say you are full of excrement and you should head for the toilet before you burst. 

Yes, I speak with a lot of people. It's what most of us do to avoid living in a fantasy world. I suggest you try it sometime.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Simon1287 said:

Yes, I speak with a lot of people. It's what most of us do to avoid living in a fantasy world. I suggest you try it sometime.  

Yours is most certainly the fantasy world. 
You seem to have gone a bit quiet about your claim to have spoken to a policeman involved with the case, once the graphic was posted. 
What happened Billy…? The truth got in the way of your ‘convenient lie’?

Just now, NextG said:

Yours is most certainly the fantasy world. 
You seem to have gone a bit quiet about your claim to have spoken to a policeman involved with the case, once the graphic was posted. 
What happened Billy…? The truth got in the way of your ‘convenient lie’?

Quiet? I have no need to to repeat myself. Only people like yourself do things like that. 

If you have not yet worked out how everything intermingles here to extract money from wherever it can be extracted from by saying, doing or writing whatever needs to be said, done or written then you really ought to go back to basic Thai school.

On the other hand, you seem to enjoy the sport of winding as many people up as possible (nothing wrong with that. Its quite good fun) so you probably are as aware of stuff as anyone else really :) 

Simon

3 minutes ago, Simon1287 said:

Quiet? I have no need to to repeat myself. Only people like yourself do things like that. 

If you have not yet worked out how everything intermingles here to extract money from wherever it can be extracted from by saying, doing or writing whatever needs to be said, done or written then you really ought to go back to basic Thai school.

On the other hand, you seem to enjoy the sport of winding as many people up as possible (nothing wrong with that. Its quite good fun) so you probably are as aware of stuff as anyone else really 🙂

Simon

😈 

No need to bother to read your nonsense…

On 2/4/2024 at 6:49 AM, richard_smith237 said:

That said...    it is a valid question.. What is it with us Brits ?... it seems there are a load of Brit nonces in the news lately...

The head of the nail is in your penultimate word - news!

I wonder how many Thai's and men of other nationalities have also been arrested recently for similar crimes?  The 'news' is an unfathomable phenomenon in terms of what is reported and what's not.  Think back to your days back home - how many murders actually make it to 'the news' compared to the actual figures?

As per my posts in a similar thread, perverts and paedophiles exist in all countries and societies - some crimes are reported, some are not, some are covered up and in some societies, paedophilia is simply not discussed.

Certain societies even have ways of making it 'legal' - google 'Pleasure Marriages' in Iraq. Middle aged and old men 'marry' very young girls for a day (often arranged by the local Imam), sleep with them and divorce them the next day.  As far as I know, prior to a BBC investigation, that was never reported on - never made it to 'the news'.

Some AN posters would be better informed if they did some checking on what goes on in rural Thai villages every night.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2024 at 8:50 AM, carlyai said:

So if you put 100 Thai women in a room, all done up, you could seperate the underage women?

What about if you were a young tourist and not been here long?

True, where I spend my summer months in a S of France beach resort, we often wonder about the age of girls off for a night out in the discos. I swear lots of 16 yr olds look over 18. That is what they are aiming for to get  into the clubs. 
Ive never heard of British in Britain being known for abusing underage  girls, except in some areas where there are groups of men who are born and raised but UK not the country of their ethnicity. I don’t live in UK but follow news daily. 
Of course, Thailand is known all over the world for cheap sex, Patpong, Bangla and Pattaya Soi 6 being plastered over the internet . You reap what you sow. 

On 2/4/2024 at 3:21 PM, carlyai said:

Uttradit said : 'Why are you making excuses?'

I'm making excuses for a young English man, if he is not part of the sceen and a tourist.

i remember my first trip to Thailand and it was like Disneyland. Would never have thought there were underaged girls at bars. 

So if the bar owner had done all the proper checks then these girls wouldn’t be working in a bar the bar owner is a fault too 

• Agree 2

This case was first at the courts in August it has taken 5 months to arrest the man .

That's Either a long holiday for a 35 year old or he has gone and returned Either way he is not the smartest cookie in the jar unless he " paid in hua hin" thinking its finished. 

I should imagine he paid and was told to dissappear 

9 hours ago, geisha said:

True, where I spend my summer months in a S of France beach resort, we often wonder about the age of girls off for a night out in the discos. I swear lots of 16 yr olds look over 18. That is what they are aiming for to get  into the clubs. 
Ive never heard of British in Britain being known for abusing underage  girls, except in some areas where there are groups of men who are born and raised but UK not the country of their ethnicity. I don’t live in UK but follow news daily. 
Of course, Thailand is known all over the world for cheap sex, Patpong, Bangla and Pattaya Soi 6 being plastered over the internet . You reap what you sow. 

If it is a bar with alcohol, it is likely a girl of at least drinking age. If the establishment is out in the open, they are likely legal. Of course there are no guarantees. They can use fake IDs or a "sister's ID." Know your environment!

16 hours ago, jts-khorat said:

The question really only is: how old was the girl and was she able to legally give consent. The question, if he intentionally targeted minors would only come up to determine, if he will be placed in the lower or higher part of the penalty range.

It would not be different in a German, UK or US court of law.

As I said before, as there was no backroom deal with the police before it going to press suggests to me, that the girls in question were likely a lot less than 18.

The challenge is what did he know.  Her consent is not going to matter even though to a point it should.

The questions are 

Did he bar fine her from a bar? 

If so, then the assumption can be made that if she was working at the bar, she was at least 18 years old because the law says so.

If he asked her for ID did she show ID that had her at 18 years of age.

Again, if so, then it is not his issue legally.

As to Western courts, it gets a little more interesting.

If you go to a bar in Canada, it is the establishment's duty to only allow access to customers 18 years of age and older.  If a person is in doubt they can ask for ID or ask her her age.  

If she is under 18 but has purported to be over 18 by the ID and answers to questions, then it becomes a different story, and I am not sure there is much of a case.

The under-18 crowd used to be quite prevalent on military bases.  They had the ID and they knew the answers.  The only protection you had was to look at her closely and see how she acted and also ask other girls in the bar.

Fake ID is a growing business. in all countries and here I am willing to bet that it is really big in the land of COPy

5 minutes ago, Irish star said:

They just extended deadline again in USA , I haven’t got one yet 

When I renewed my driver's license a few years ago they asked me if I wanted a real ID, or a normal driver's license. I opted for the real ID, I believe there was an additional fee involved but I guess it was worth it. 

Likely just a another aspect of the police state in America. 

5 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

If so, then the assumption can be made that if she was working at the bar, she was at least 18 years old because the law says so.

If he asked her for ID did she show ID that had her at 18 years of age.

Again, if so, then it is not his issue legally.

I think you are quite wrong, both in regard to western law and how a Thai court would see the situation.

A minor not able to give legally consent would also not be able to be responsible for "lying" about their age. To determine the truth correctly is therefore solely the duty of the adult.

"Ignorance does not protect from punishment". You might have heard this snetence before.

Two Thais have already been charged with the trafficling offense of the girls working in that bar. This does not absolve any customer, but it shows that the Thai courts will be definitely involved -- in a best case scenario for him it might lessen his penalty to the lower end of the range prescribed by law.

On 2/5/2024 at 12:23 AM, NextG said:

I prefer to live it, rather than to write about it

On 2/5/2024 at 7:53 AM, JayClay said:

Your posting history suggests otherwise...

On 2/5/2024 at 12:12 PM, NextG said:

Do you spend every day chasing women?  😊

You'll most likely never know. You see, I prefer to live it, rather than write about it...

8 hours ago, jts-khorat said:

I think you are quite wrong, both in regard to western law and how a Thai court would see the situation.

A minor not able to give legally consent would also not be able to be responsible for "lying" about their age. To determine the truth correctly is therefore solely the duty of the adult.

"Ignorance does not protect from punishment". You might have heard this snetence before.

Two Thais have already been charged with the trafficling offense of the girls working in that bar. This does not absolve any customer, but it shows that the Thai courts will be definitely involved -- in a best case scenario for him it might lessen his penalty to the lower end of the range prescribed by law.

You have to remember these girls were not minors and definitely, at the age of 16, can understand the ramifications of what they are doing.  

The fact that the bar represented them as being of age will be a mitigating circumstance in this and will ne a definite factor.

AGAIN, THESE THINGS P!SS ME OFF.

As with all the school arrests and charges, we will never know as the media will bury it because it will not have the HEADLINE.

10 hours ago, JayClay said:

You'll most likely never know. You see, I prefer to live it, rather than write about it...

I’m not concerned either way. I have my own life…

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

When I renewed my driver's license a few years ago they asked me if I wanted a real ID, or a normal driver's license. I opted for the real ID, I believe there was an additional fee involved but I guess it was worth it. 

Likely just a another aspect of the police state in America. 

You got lucky , my brother did too, I guess I will be standing in Line , I guess make appointment before I go back lol thx 

On 2/5/2024 at 12:40 PM, TigerandDog said:

did you actually read the article? 2 women have already been arrested and charged with human trafficking.

Yes I did. Those are the charges but in reality what is happening to him. We all know what they say and what actually happens is different in many cases.