Thai abbot allegedly rapes 7 year old girl, police ignore case

1 minute ago, actonion said:

Misbehaving Monks goes back many years,   Raping Tourists  at the back of the Temple, Smoking, Drinking, Drugs, you  name it ...The head monk in out local temple just purchased at new BMW, with his hand outstretched  for donations from the public.. bent as a Nine Bob note  most of 'em

Raping tourists at the back of the temple ,that's a new one , was you a victim yourself?😳😳

Meanwhile in the lunatic asylum, from another report today: Over the past several days various Thai politicians and government officials have made headlines, at least on Thai language news, with consistent updates on what they call a pressing issue-Elephant pants.

The men in suits might have their priorities wrong, don't you think? A more pressing issue might be dealing with important stuff like rape and police corruption and cover-ups? Nah. That takes effort though, doesn't it, and works against Thai culture.

29 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

After 30+ years living here and hearing more and more cases like this I'm losing respect for monks.

It's taken you long enough, it took me a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Modern Coding said:

Why does this remind me the catholic church with the same celibacy principle leading to the same issues??

And what are the facts that prove that pedophilia is caused by celibacy? Or do you just make up your own scientific theories without the benefit of facts? Just because two phenomena exist within the same time frame and place, i.e. "celibacy" and the commission of sexual abuse, does not mean they are cause and effect. That is a common example of flawed thinking and failure of logic. There are just as many pedophiles per capita out in the public sector. The catholic church is HUGE. The only major difference is that the catholic church engages in massive coverups. Out in the public more of them get caught. In the case of the church it is more scandalous and draws major headlines. Anywhere you have the air of secrecy and at the same time a large number of children exposed and vulnerable you are going to see an increase in child abuse crimes - summer camps, schools, day care. Parents leave children in what they think is a trustworthy environment. That's how the logic of statistics work. That's the way facts are properly interpreted. You know, it's never too late to go back to school to polish up on your reasoning skills. You don't want to be lagging behind the whole rest of the world. Unless you just don't mind making silly, uninformed,  and baseless statements, and we all know there are plenty of those kinds of people.

The one sure thing I’ve learned in Thailand is that bad stuff happens all the time and it will never stop because there is little to no enforcement of laws unless a case is deemed expedient in terms of prosecution, ie enforcement benefits someone involved in the enforcement process.

what do the police care about the well being of the little girl? Nothing, she’s a nobody and therefore they don’t care.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

And what are the facts that prove that pedophilia is caused by celibacy? Or do you just make up your own scientific theories without the benefit of facts? Just because two phenomena exist within the same time frame and place, i.e. "celibacy" and the commission of sexual abuse, does not mean they are cause and effect. That is a common example of flawed thinking and failure of logic. There are just as many pedophiles per capita out in the public sector. The catholic church is HUGE. The only major difference is that the catholic church engages in massive coverups. Out in the public more of them get caught. In the case of the church it is more scandalous and draws major headlines. Anywhere you have the air of secrecy and at the same time a large number of children exposed and vulnerable you are going to see an increase in child abuse crimes - summer camps, schools, day care. Parents leave children in what they think is a trustworthy environment. That's how the logic of statistics work. That's the way facts are properly interpreted. You know, it's never too late to go back to school to polish up on your reasoning skills. You don't want to be lagging behind the whole rest of the world. Unless you just don't mind making silly, uninformed,  and baseless statements, and we all know there are plenty of those kinds of people.

Whilst I agree that the causal relationship between celibacy and child abuse is not proven, I cannot agree with your claim - 'There are just as many pedophiles per capita out in the public sector'.

Research in Australia suggests otherwise - 

Are Catholic Clergy more Likely to Be Paedophiles than the General Public? Redux - BishopAccountability.org (bishop-accountability.org)

This research suggests that 10% of Catholic priests may be pedophiles; 20 to 200 times more than the incidence in the general population.

The question to be asked is why do so many people 'apparently' volunteer for a life of celibacy?  Do they have ulterior motives to get close to the more vulnerable members of society?

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, stix40 said:

Happens with all religions 

Nuns

Priests

Vicars 

Bishops 

Cardinals

Imams 

Rabbi's

They can all abuse the trust they have gained with their flock .

If it happens they should be publicly humiliated stoned and locked up for good ! 

Sounds more like a list of fancy dress options!

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

9 months later and the police have still not arrested ,the pedo ,even after

having video evidence ,do they not have kids of their own ,unbelievable,

and shocking ,now BigJoke is on the case  I am sure something will be done.

regards worgeordie

So I imagine the police involved will be charged with failure to carry out duties, aiding and abbeting a child rapist, aiding human trafficking etc etc because by not doing anything they are in support of the crime.

Grandmother made video how long for, why didnt she stop it, anybody who would have been there would have jumped in and stopped what was going on, and why wait 9 month if this was my daughter I would be at police station every day

48 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

OK Boomer!

Continue to pray the nacked nailed nazarene, the same pedophile who said to let children come to him.

But of course, there is no pedophilia in the catholic church or even among all other christian denominations, of course not!

2 hours ago, edwardflory said:

"""HOW much time did the grandmother spend videoing the alleged rape """

This says it all!! The grandmother did NOTHING to protect the CHILD in her care, too too busy videoing!!

Setting aside the details for a moment, it is true that there can never be any justice if there is no film and the abbot keeps doing it.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

So I imagine the police involved will be charged with failure to carry out duties, aiding and abbeting a child rapist, aiding human trafficking etc etc because by not doing anything they are in support of the crime.

They might now, with Big Joke sorting it!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Brigante7 said:

Why chemical castration? Surely it would be better to castrate him properly with a dull rusty razor blade.

Brigante7.

Perhaps a broken blunt rusty sawblade would be a better tool.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Questions:
- why did Grannie film the rape rather than going over-the-moon like any other decent grandparent would have done?
- when does Thailand implement and execute capital punishment for paedophiles, rapists and drug dealers?
- is the officer in charge, who did not move his backside, facing a paid vacation in jail prior to get fired immediately for good?
- is the head of police station getting demoted for not having his shop under control?
- the PM, apparently in direct control of the police force (not under the interior ministry) should appoint external help to clean up the police force, once and for good; when is this going to happen?
- are the men of the cloth being properly screened prior to entering monkhood; too many criminals and run-aways hide behind the semi-divine walls of all those temples these days and give the cleric the "tainted" image - to put it mildly 

If she hadn't filmed it - nobody would believe her over a senior monk.

If the rape was in progress then, and although it might have been only have been seconds of filming - she did the right thing. The child was already traumatized, but a few seconds is all it takes to nail him! It's not ideal, but it might help some other small child in the long run.

That's why.

But of course, the big toughies on here would have handled it differently, wouldn't they?

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I doubt your story 

If you doubt a very simple story about abusing monetary donations, then you surely will never believe such a hideous accusation as the rape of a 7 year old....🤔

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 1duckyboy said:

Without the video it would have been the grandmother's word against her employer, the powerful, pious abbot. She needed the tapes to make the case against the abbot and get justice for the mother and child. The RTP lived down to it's reputation. 

Agree. and so sad to have to use the last resort of a "picture that is supposed the be worth 1000 words" against her employer. She is very savvy, but even then will justice happen even with video proof?

Land Of S#it

• Agree 2

Sadly, this story is not surprising.
Hopefully, now that is has been brought to light, some police will suffer repercussions and the monk will be put to death.
I'm not holding my breath for any discipline at all to happen to anyone, other than maybe a few baht exchanging hands....😔

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

9 months later and the police have still not arrested ,the pedo ,even after

having video evidence ,do they not have kids of their own ,unbelievable,

and shocking ,now BigJoke is on the case  I am sure something will be done.

regards worgeordie

You are so right, it beggars belief that the police did nothing after an allegation of a 7 year old being raped. How callous and inhuman those cops must be.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, gravity101 said:

Who on earth has the time to video multiple times of your grandchild being raped. Bizarre.

Gotta believe that is exactly what the police were/are thinking.  Also, where were the actual parents in all of this.  Are you telling me her dad/mom didn't handle this the way any normal parents would? Castration no, funeral yes.  

• Thumbs Up 1