Israeli Soldier Videos from Gaza Raise International Law Concerns

Social Media

2 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

The main cause of Israel being in Gaza is because on Oct 7th Palestian terrorists entered Israel and began killing Israeli civilians in the most gruesome manner any normal human beings would find abhorrent, Israel has a total responsibility to its citizens that these barbaric loathsome beasts never are given another chance to repeat these horrendous acts of terror!

Israel could bring the perpetrators to justice. That isn't the same as murdering them together with innocent Palestinians who got in the way.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I see it like this:

Should Hamas have done what they did on 7th October? No.

Do I understand why they did it? Yes.

Do I understand why Israel is now fighting in Gaza? Yes

Do I understand if Palestinians won't forget what is happening now and fight another day? Yes.

History repeats itself.

One big problem is obviously that people on both sides can point at the other side and say: They killed my friends and family.

And then they should not retaliate. But if they do it, I understand why they do it.

And this logic works for many conflicts which go on for decades. 

Hamas did not attack Israel for revenge .

Hamas wants to destroy Israel and wipe Israel from the map .

The war is nothing to do with revenge , its about Hamas attempts to destroy Israel

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Fugitive said:

Israel could bring the perpetrators to justice. That isn't the same as murdering them together with innocent Palestinians who got in the way.

Oh I see, all clear now, what you are saying is that the Palestian terrorists will hand themselves in without Israel having to go looking for them, why didn't anybody else think of that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

What, the Israel police should have gone in to Gaza and arrested the terrorists ?

Knocked on their front doors and put them in handcuffs and taken them to Court ?

What if the terrorists resisted ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So, if you think that because Palestinians  have suffered at the hands of the Israels and that justifies their Oct 7 th attack .

Then Israeli suffering at the hands of the Palestinians   justifies Israel's attack on Gaza ?

You cannot have it both ways , either both acts are justified or they are not . 

Or are you sating that Palestinians  can respond to hardships and Israel cannot respond to hardships?

I wrote I can understand it. That is not the same as saying I support what they do.

And that is the case for Palestinians who fight Israelis and for Israelis who fight Palestinians.

It never ends. That is the huge problem. And on both sides people have reasons to continue fighting.

They should stop the fighting. But as we all know that is a lot easier said then done.

• Agree 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I wrote I can understand it. That is not the same as saying I support what they do.

And that is the case for Palestinians who fight Israelis and for Israelis who fight Palestinians.

It never ends. That is the huge problem. And on both sides people have reasons to continue fighting.

They should stop the fighting. But as we all know that is a lot easier said then done.

Yes it never ends while Hamas is still there. That's why Israel is taking them apart

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No one is claiming that history started on Oct 7 th though , everyone knows that there were previous hostilities prior to Oct 7 th

Yes, Israel put thousands of settlers in other peoples' land. They threw Palestinians out of their homes in Jerusalem, and, and and.

I guess that is what you meant, correct? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Well let me educate you, the crimes that these beastial cowards committed will never be understood by people with one ounce of intelligence, I am so glad that you understand it!

Maybe you have just one ounce of intelligence. I guess it can't be much more if you think it's measured in ounces.

My IQ is > 130. And I understand it. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Hamas did not attack Israel for revenge .

Hamas wants to destroy Israel and wipe Israel from the map .

The war is nothing to do with revenge , its about Hamas attempts to destroy Israel

With how many Hamas members did you discuss this issue? 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, Israel put thousands of settlers in other peoples' land. They threw Palestinians out of their homes in Jerusalem, and, and and.

I guess that is what you meant, correct? 

That isn't in Gaza and that's not the reason for the Hamas attacks 

• Like 2

Maybe you have just one ounce of intelligence. I guess it can't be much more if you think it's measured in ounces.

My IQ is > 130. And I understand it. 

Your sick posting suggests otherwise!

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes it never ends while Hamas is still there. That's why Israel is taking them apart

I understand that is the idea.

But do you think Israel will be able to kill all Hamas members? 

And while they try to do that, they kill tens of thousands of ordinary people. How many of those people do you think will join Hamas later or any other freedom fighter group?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I understand that is the idea.

But do you think Israel will be able to kill all Hamas members? 

And while they try to do that, they kill tens of thousands of ordinary people. How many of those people do you think will join Hamas later or any other freedom fighter group?

How many dead people will join Hamas in the future ?

Could you retake your I.Q test ?

it needs updating 

• Haha 1

It's not really my problem if you are not able to understand it.

I also don't understand quantum physics. But I don't deny it exists. 

I understand a sick post, sorry you have been outed. You cannot even stay on topic.

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How can you claim to have a high I.Q level and then ask that question ?

That's not a question that a clever person would ask 

Again, if you don't understand rocket science that doesn't mean rocket scientists are crazy.

Sorry, I don't know an easier way how to explain it to you.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How many dead people will join Hamas in the future ?

Could you retake your I.Q test ?

it needs updating 

Maybe you take one of those tests.

And then maybe you realize why you have difficulties understanding some intelligent people. 😉

• Sad 1

Maybe you take one of those tests.

And then maybe you realize why you have difficulties understanding some intelligent people. 😉

So, how many of the people killed do you think  will join Hamas in the future ?

This stupid person here says Zero, what does an intelligent person say ?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Again, if you don't understand rocket science that doesn't mean rocket scientists are crazy.

Sorry, I don't know an easier way how to explain it to you.

What the hell are you going on about rocket scientists for ?

My point was that you don't have to personally speak to people to understand their position on matters , not when that person publicly states their opinion and position .

So you asking me how many Hamas people I have personally spoken to , was a rather unintelligent question to ask 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you should have a look at some of those videos where Israeli soldiers do exactly that.

I am sure not all Israeli soldiers do that all the time. But at least some Israeli soldiers do this sometimes. 

And let's not forget: Hamas is a terror organization. The IDF is the official military of a democratic country. That makes it worse, a lot worse. 

Some soldiers obviously do. Does that allow for wide brush comments?

If it was a policy, or really widespread, or denied - maybe you'd have a point.

But it's not.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

And all the time Israel continues its wholesale slaughter of innocents, it's creating new martyrs, a new Hamas 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You won the price by starting history on that day. Maybe look back a few months. Or years. Or decades. Then maybe you understand that it's not that easy to blame just one side. 

These topic are mostly about ongoing events. Some posters feel that each and every topic requires a full rehashing of the history of the conflict - obviously with bias narratives on show and so on.  Context is not unimportant, but when it serves as a constant deflection, a way to normalize actions like 7/10, or justify them - it loses it's relevance.

This topic is about something rather specific. A whole lot of posters comment on anything but. Same on many other topics.

Some topics are specific, some more general in nature. Time and place. Some order needed for the possibility of discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

It never ends whilst Israel keeps stealing and occupying Palestinian lands.

Yes it can end .

American Indian, Maoris and Aborigines all made peace when they lost all their land , no reason why Palestinians cannot do likewise 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

I was attempting to show how millions of innocent jews , zionist and Israeli through out history have been murdered similarly to what Hamas has done on Oct 7 .

I do not agree that these things are similar. I do not see one as the continuation of the other. IMO, that's just muddying the water.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about: If they would be two separate countries then there might be a chance of living in peace in the same area.

And if that would have happened decades ago, then the current situation would probably be better. 

How about acknowledging both sides (and related parties) contributed to things being what they are?

1 hour ago, retarius said:

I get the sense that the tide is turning on Israel because of the vile things shown in videos. Apart from the US whose population is shielded from this sort of reporting by omission and by censorship requested from the White House.

I do hope many of the IDF will die in Gaza or will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law by the ICJ. And I do hope that Netanyahu and his cronies and as many this government's officials will be prosecuted for their commands, or their support of these genocidal actions. 

But whatever happens Israel has lost the PR war and their next slaughter will be more difficult, even the sheltered US public are slowly turning against this monstrous Israel. 

@retarius

So...you don't like Israel much?

Edited by Morch
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So, how many of the people killed do you think  will join Hamas in the future ?

This stupid person here says Zero, what does an intelligent person say ?

Dead people can't join any club. I thought that is obvious also for the mentally challenged.  

But how many family members and friends of those killed will want revenge?

I don't know how many. But I am pretty sure a lot more than zero. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1