Donald and the US expats.

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Anyone but Trump. I would not vote for him under any circumstances. If he is the best the GOP can do, no thanks. He is a horrific man, and a terrible choice. 

You get Harris then. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

You are too kind. 

The way I put it is that he is one of the worst human beings ever to come out of American culture. A massively destructive and treasonous VILLIAN. 

Compared to 50% of foreigners in Thailand? Come on. 10,000 scumbags in Thailand worse than Trump.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, impulse said:

SS isn't generally an entitlement.  It's money we paid into the system and now we're getting some of it back.  That's not the kind of program that conservatives are likely to cut.

That's very different from paying people not to work, especially those who have no right to even be in the USA.

It's irrelevant what you call it.

Social security recipients WILL face an automatic about 25 percent cut in pay in about 10 years IF the government doesn't pass a major reform bill. It will have to be bipartisan. Notice how well bipartisan billss are doing these days but there is still time.

47 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Biden is hopeless. Should have phoned Putin 2 years ago. You support these woke leaders. What you get.

So what should Biden have said to Putin to dissuade him from attacking Ukraine?

22 hours ago, Sluglord said:

Happy as the war atrocities Israel is committing would be halted.

I don't think so. Donny Boy's been on Israeli Jews short leash all the time, supervised by Mossad planted son-in-law overlooking secret docs over his shoulder.

"American president Donald Trump, who signed the presidential proclamation, also ordered the relocation of the American diplomatic mission to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv."

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Anyone but Trump.

I agree.

Where's Ross Perot? Is he alive? Would be more qualified than Donald 🙂

- He is from Texas and as everybody knows "the best comes from Texas!"

• Haha 2

On 2/12/2024 at 2:19 AM, swissie said:

So far , purely hypothetical: As a US Citizen what would change for you as an Expat in Thailand if Donald would become president?

Honestly?

Nothing!

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

So, a long way of saying that Ukraine should surrender. So if Putin decides to invade Lithuania next year, the Lithuanians should just surrender to avoid so much death and destruction? Where do you stop?

Ukraine’s leaders were anything but perfect, and there was much corruption, but you can’t even compare them with Putin’s evil. 

If Lithuania doesn't have a treaty with a western country, why should I care? why did none of the western countries that care so much about Ukraine do anything about the Burmese military coup, or the Rohingyas , or the Uighers, or the Tibetans, or the Congo or Sudan or the Palestinians ( since 1967 )? Is it because they are black, brown, or yellow, but definitely not white?

I don't see you being as concerned when it's just brown Palestinians getting worse than Ukrainians ever did.

So don't bother me with your IMO hypocrisy.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, GypsyT said:

I don't think so. Donny Boy's been on Israeli Jews short leash all the time, supervised by Mossad planted son-in-law overlooking secret docs over his shoulder.

"American president Donald Trump, who signed the presidential proclamation, also ordered the relocation of the American diplomatic mission to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv."

Sadly I agree about that. His policy on israel is the only one I have a serious problem with.

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Believe me, if I had a decent Republican alternative, I would switch. Don Don is not that. He is nowhere near decent, and never has been. And he is an awful leader. No thanks. I would pick Vin Diesel over Trump. 

Vin would be a better pick than Biden though. He looked very presidential in one of his sci fi movies. Biden looks like an old man that needs a walker, and has a problem remembering things.

President Vin- it has a certain grand aura. He'd look good giving speeches and welcoming foreign dignitaries. At least he can speak properly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, pomchop said:

except for when repubs whine and moan for border bill over and over and then when their own hand picked guy gets the best deal in decades and the senate is all ready to vote for it and talking about what a great deal it is ...not perfect...but lots for both sides... then donnie boy says oh no we don't want to fix border as it will look good for biden and repubs fold up their little tents and take a knee for their cult leader...so dems meet repubs more than halfway to be FOR something and still repubs wet their pants when orange jesus speaks.

Devotees do tend to get excited when their Master speaks. It is a big deal for them. Utter suplication is both required and demanded of them. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Devotees do tend to get excited when their Master speaks. It is a big deal for them. Utter suplication is both required and demanded of them. 

Many have indeed deified him which is of course as twisted as you can possibly get.

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, uttradit said:

Biden is hopeless. Should have phoned Putin 2 years ago. You support these woke leaders. What you get.

The problem started with Obama for not taking action when Putin stole Crimea.

That was a clear signal to Putin.

• Like 1

Just now, GypsyT said:

The problem started with Obama for not taking action when Putin stole Crimea.

That was a clear signal to Putin.

Obama was busy giving 5 hour speeches in climate change or looking for a nice waterfront property to buy.

• Agree 2

On 2/14/2024 at 3:10 PM, uttradit said:

Compared to 50% of foreigners in Thailand? Come on. 10,000 scumbags in Thailand worse than Trump.

So you are either one of them, or know them????

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2024 at 9:59 AM, sirineou said:

What are you smocking?

Let me give you a clue. People laugh at people they don't like ,and in this case, down is bad, and up is good, 

"Since Donald Trump took office as president, the image of the United States has suffered across many regions of the globe. As a new 13-nation Pew Research Center survey illustrates, America’s reputation has declined further over the past year among many key allies and partners.  "

image.png.452bca5674b7996c3d4690c2033071c9.png

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2020/09/15/us-image-plummets-internationally-as-most-say-country-has-handled-coronavirus-badly/

"The election of Joe Biden as president has led to a dramatic shift in America’s international image. Throughout Donald Trump’s presidency, publics around the world held the United States in low regard, with most opposed to his foreign policies. This was especially true among key American allies and partners. Now, a new Pew Research Center survey of 16 publics finds a significant uptick in ratings for the U.S., with strong support for Biden and several of his major policy initiatives. "

image.png.fa875481ccc2cecaf949e598f77720e3.png

Who cares about image? The people have no say in whether they become a vassal of the US or not. Their governments are bribed. The US are like cockroaches, once yo have them. you can never be rid of them. US bases all over Britain for what? There was no danger from Russia. And now they have stationed nukes there. For what, for Britain to be a target in the upcoming nuclear war? Should people have a say?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, retarius said:

Who cares about image?

Oh now it is people are laughing ut us under trump but who cares?

You and I should care! How one is perceived could have positive and negative outcomes. 

For instance, an extreme example to make a point,   You are  innocent but a jury of your peers perceives you guilty. Guess what? you are going to jail.

Perceptions are important in the decisions people and countries make .Should they be your friend, should they fear you, should they trust you? 

9 minutes ago, retarius said:

The US are like cockroaches, once yo have them. you can never be rid of them. US bases all over Britain for what?

There were many empires, The british to mention one. where are they now? Hubris to think that the US will be different. It has been a world hegemon for what about 80 years now? A blip by historical measure. 

14 minutes ago, retarius said:

There was no danger from Russia. And now they have stationed nukes there.

I agree , Russia /  Ukraine   situation was IMO and the opinion of many analysts a major blunder. But we don't know the whole picture, 

The US was the only hegemon in a unipolar world. With the emergence of China and the strengthening of Russia , the US was faced with three great powers. USA, China , and a far third Russia. A safe Russia part of NATO with influence in Europe is a threat to US Hegemony. 

The US thought that it could take out Russia from the chessboard on the cheap.

Expand NATO eastward. and into Ukraine,  where the US was told by many such as Ambassador to Russia and now director of CIA Burns, Secretary of state Gates, Angela merkel, Nicolas Sarkozy to mention a few, that Russia would never allow a Ukraine into NATO and would attack.

So what are the Options for the US?

force Russia to attack  and if Ukraine wins, Russia is removed from the board of peer competitors  and we have only a bipolar world between China and the US, or  even if Russia was successful in preventing an induction of a intact Ukraine  it would find itself degraded from the war, and engaged in a protracted  cold war. 

Ukraine was bait that russia had IMO no choice but to take. 

So from that respect US policy is successful.  But there were other unforeseen consequences. 

Pushing Russia into the arms of the Chinese, and the freezing and confiscation of Russian assets galvanised  many countries from fear that they might be next, to form the BRICS  collision that threatens the dominance of The USD as the world's reserve currency. 

How all these will play out I don't know.  I know one thing, the focus of the US in the Russia/ Ukraine conflict and its recent involvement into the Israel /Hamas conflict and potential for escalation prevents the US from focusing into east asia ,and China.

I don't know, maybe the US hope to by taking out Russia or keeping Russia busy, it could then focus in taking out or containing China , interesting to see how all these plays out. 

I know. How evil to Throw Ukraine into the meat grinder  for geopolitical games. And It would be funny if it was not so tragic, all those who think they have Ukraine's  best interest at heart are cheering the whole thing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Oh now it is people are laughing ut us under trump but who cares?

You and I should care! How one is perceived could have positive and negative outcomes. 

For instance, an extreme example to make a point,   You are  innocent but a jury of your peers perceives you guilty. Guess what? you are going to jail.

Perceptions are important in the decisions people and countries make .Should they be your friend, should they fear you, should they trust you? 

There were many empires, The british to mention one. where are they now? Hubris to think that the US will be different. It has been a world hegemon for what about 80 years now? A blip by historical measure. 

I agree , Russia /  Ukraine   situation was IMO and the opinion of many analysts a major blunder. But we don't know the whole picture, 

The US was the only hegemon in a unipolar world. With the emergence of China and the strengthening of Russia , the US was faced with three great powers. USA, China , and a far third Russia. A safe Russia part of NATO with influence in Europe is a threat to US Hegemony. 

The US thought that it could take out Russia from the chessboard on the cheap.

Expand NATO eastward. and into Ukraine,  where the US was told by many such as Ambassador to Russia and now director of CIA Burns, Secretary of state Gates, Angela merkel, Nicolas Sarkozy to mention a few, that Russia would never allow a Ukraine into NATO and would attack.

So what are the Options for the US?

force Russia to attack  and if Ukraine wins, Russia is removed from the board of peer competitors  and we have only a bipolar world between China and the US, or  even if Russia was successful in preventing an induction of a intact Ukraine  it would find itself degraded from the war, and engaged in a protracted  cold war. 

Ukraine was bait that russia had IMO no choice but to take. 

So from that respect US policy is successful.  But there were other unforeseen consequences. 

Pushing Russia into the arms of the Chinese, and the freezing and confiscation of Russian assets galvanised  many countries from fear that they might be next, to form the BRICS  collision that threatens the dominance of The USD as the world's reserve currency. 

How all these will play out I don't know.  I know one thing, the focus of the US in the Russia/ Ukraine conflict and its recent involvement into the Israel /Hamas conflict and potential for escalation prevents the US from focusing into east asia ,and China.

I don't know, maybe the US hope to by taking out Russia or keeping Russia busy, it could then focus in taking out or containing China , interesting to see how all these plays out. 

I know. How evil to Throw Ukraine into the meat grinder  for geopolitical games. And It would be funny if it was not so tragic, all those who think they have Ukraine's  best interest at heart are cheering the whole thing. 

First step is get rid of the useless Biden.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1