Opinion: Why Biden Isn't Going Anywhere

Social Media

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

it was illegal for Trump to take them. This is why the FBI raided Mar-A-Lago:

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/13/1117297065/trump-documents-history-national-archives-law-watergate

For the first two centuries of U.S. history, outgoing presidents simply took their documents with them when they left the White House. The materials were considered their personal property.

But for the past four decades, every presidential document — from notebook doodles to top-secret security plans — is supposed to go directly to the National Archives as the material is considered the property of the American people.

So when former President Donald Trump left office on Jan. 20, 2021, all his records should have traveled from the White House to the National Archives, according to Jason R. Baron, who served as director of litigation at the National Archives for 13 years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Part of the reason the GOP wants Biden out is that they think the next Democratic candidate would be Harris, and she would be even easier to beat than Biden.  Any other candidate?  Trouble for the GOP. I would rather both (Trump and Biden) were gone to be honest, but if I had to choose between them, I'd go for Trump. No wars, low inflation, cheap gas. 

But also, please be careful about your words/slurs. Trump is not a "convicted sex offender". He was found liable in a civil case, not criminal. Different standards, different rules of evidence, etc.  

And he is nowhere near Biden's state of disrepair. For all his faults, Trump can still stand up and do a mass rally with thousands of fans, talk for more than an hour at a time, and walk without looking like a Roomba. 

If you were a non-Jewish German in 1938 life could not have been better.......and you knew who to thank.

But In 1939 your world changed irrevocably and tragically.

Same guy in charge both years (and several preceding them) who frequently took the opportunity to "stand up and do a mass rally with thousands of fans, talk for more than an hour at a time, and walk without looking like a Roomba" ......that was pretty much his trademark.

You left from your list of his "qualities" the facts that Trump is a bullying, narcissistic, megalomaniac, uncontrollable, psycho.

How can anybody with an ounce of sentience even begin to contemplate letting him, now stoked up with bitterness and a craving for revenge, get anywhere near holding power?

Edited by Enoon
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Enoon said:

If you were a non-Jewish German in 1938 life could not have been better.......and you knew who to thank.

But In 1939 your world changed irrevocably and tragically.

Same guy in charge both years (and several preceding them) who frequently took the opportunity to "stand up and do a mass rally with thousands of fans, talk for more than an hour at a time, and walk without looking like a Roomba" ......that was pretty much his trademark.

You left from your list of his "qualities" the facts that Trump is a bullying, narcissistic, megalomaniac, uncontrollable, psycho.

How can anybody with an ounce of sentience even begin to contemplate letting him, now stoked up with bitterness and a craving for revenge, get anywhere near holding power?

Come on. Godwin's Law was done already, you don't have to lay on the hysterical Hitler references. It's childish and silly.

But it does show one of the frequent differences between left and right in politics. The right things the left is wrong. The left thinks the right is evil.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

The problem is that the left knows the right is evil.

They're wrong, of course.  But there's little more dangerous because that justifies in their world whatever it takes to get their way.  No matter how much damage they leave in their wake.

The Right is not evil just that they have a loose relationship with facts and science. 

5 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

Why? He's energetic, charismatic and he can string a whole sentence together without mumbling or saying he's the greatest. Not a very high bar, but that is what we have been reduced to in this election cycle.

Afghanistan was Bush, wasn't it?

Ukraine was Russia, wasn't it? - Biden & Trump had nothing to do with this

Israel - I kind of agree, but for very different reasons.

Illegal immigration - republicans literally just threw out a law that would shut down the border, increase wall building and security officers etc. Trump told republicans to block the new law because he wants this to be an issue during the election cycle... and you want to blame the democrats?

Energy prices are a bit higher than Trumps time, but that is to be expected when there are wars involving oil producing nations.

Afghanistan - the majority of the public still support Afghanistan invasion - they didn't support the Iraq invasion but the Islamophobia around 2003 was high enough that most people at the time supported it - and what people are objecting to is Biden's handling of the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan (though that's something that Trump wanted to do too).

Ukraine - I think this is in part a join effort by both the US and EU and both are two blame for any failures in the war from the perspective of the anti-Russia side, but much of the right wing dislikes the idea of funding Ukraine's war budget and Biden is seen as supporting further funding.

Israel - I support providing further funding and military support to Israel, but generally there seems to be bipartisan support for Israel anyway.

Illegal immigration - the Republicans threw out a law that would limit only a small percentage of immigration.

Why are energy prices high in the US when most energy is produced in the Americas?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Come on. Godwin's Law was done already, you don't have to lay on the hysterical Hitler references. It's childish and silly.

But it does show one of the frequent differences between left and right in politics. The right things the left is wrong. The left thinks the right is evil.

Oh I don’t know about your hitler Cunard here we have a candidate that openly supports and try’s to further the goals of a thug in charge of a country openly wants to suspend the constitution is in the docket for 91 felony’s is a convicted sex offender (civil) that has to cough up 83 million (that’s pretty rapist to me ehh?)cans the border bill so he can use the border to attack the democrats and on and on…….oh the republicans just got their asses handed to them in NY tired of winning yet?trumps toast!

14 minutes ago, Arindos said:

Ukraine - I think this is in part a join effort by both the US and EU and both are two blame

I am a Biden supporter, as the only option given the other choice. but truth be told. 

Not true. 

The Ukrainian debacle started 2008 Bucharest NATO summit where the induction of  Ukraine was first proposed by the US . Goth Angela Merkel of Germany and Nicolas Sarkozy  of France vehemently  opposed . 

Merkel stating that induction of Ukraine into NATO would be considered by Russia as a de facto declaration of war. Both were eventually being beaten down by the US into acceptance. Who knows how and why. 

certainly Biden has more and classified information than we do , we must remember that Biden was in charge of the  Ukraine dossier while VP for Obama.  

Then at the beginning of the war  at the Ankara Ukraine conference it is reported that a tentative agreement to end the war was reached only to be torpedoed , you guess it, again by the US. 

IMO  the US still thought that Ukraine had a chance of winning. and  viewed it as an opportunity to take the Multy  out of multipolar (China Russia , USA), on the cheap , and replace it with bipolar. (China USA )

Biden will hang on (if he can) until the Convention.  Then he will allocate all his delegates to an anointed successor, who will have agreed in advance to keep Kamala as VP.  Ideally Michelle Obama, but if she can't be persuaded, Gavin Newsom.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Biden will hang on (if he can) until the Convention.  Then he will allocate all his delegates to an anointed successor, who will have agreed in advance to keep Kamala as VP.  Ideally Michelle Obama, but if she can't be persuaded, Gavin Newsom.

Here’s a thing, if that were True Democrats will vote for whoever the Democrat candidate is.

MAGA will only vote Trump.

56 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s a thing, if that were True Democrats will vote for whoever the Democrat candidate is.

MAGA will only vote Trump.

Yes, one side will think about it, look at all the candidates and vote for the one they feel is most suitable , the other side will just vote for the same party regardless .

They could put out a semi senile old decrepit incoherent child sniffer barely functioning as a candidate and they would still vote for him 

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, one side will think about it, look at all the candidates and vote for the one they feel is most suitable , the other side will just vote for the same party regardless .

They could out a semi senile old decrepit incoherent child sniffer barely functioning as a candidate and they would still vote for him 

You are missing the point I made.

MAGA is a cult, Trump or nothing.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are missing the point I made.

MAGA is a cult, Trump or nothing.

So the 80 million people who voted for Trump, you are claiming that those 80 Million people will not vote in an election of Trump wasn't running .

That clearly  isn't true or even close to being true 

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So the 80 million people who voted for Trump, you are claiming that those 80 Million people will not vote in an election of Trump wasn't running .

Trump did not get 80million votes, perhaps you are confusing Biden’s bot for that of Trump:

Biden 81,283,501 Trump 74,223,975.

Not all who voted for Trump are fully off ramped MAGA, but there are significant numbers who are.

They want Trump and only Trump.

Feel free to hold me to that statement.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump did not get 80million votes, perhaps you are confusing Biden’s bot for that of Trump:

Biden 81,283,501 Trump 74,223,975.

D-oh

The actual exact figure was irrelevant to my point , it was just a rough guess on my part and wasn't supposed to be the exact figure .

My point was that those who voted for trump will vote for other future candidates , my point WASNT that 80 million people voted for Trump 🙂

OK 

So the 80 million people  74,223,975 people   who voted for Trump, you are claiming that those 80 Million people 74,223,975 people will not vote in an election of Trump wasn't running .

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

D-oh

The actual exact figure was irrelevant to my point , it was just a rough guess on my part and wasn't supposed to be the exact figure .

My point was that those who voted for trump will vote for other future candidates , my point WASNT that 80 million people voted for Trump 🙂

OK 

So the 80 million people  74,223,975 people   who voted for Trump, you are claiming that those 80 Million people 74,223,975 people will not vote in an election of Trump wasn't running .

Here’s the point Nick.

81,283,501 wacks 74,223,975 into a hat, and when your are very specifically talking about vote count … the actual numbers matter.

But please hold me to my comment.

Off ramped MAGA cultists will not vote for anyone other than Trump.

And no, not all are Republicans who voted Trump in 2020 are ‘off ramped MAGA’ but everyone that is will not vote other than for Trump.

Look forward to a significant ‘write in’,

Hold me to it Nick.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

D-oh

OK 

Not clear what you're trying to say but a lot of Trump cult members were non voters before Trump so good chance they'll be  non voters again without Trump to vote for.

• Agree 1

On 2/13/2024 at 2:39 PM, Social Media said:

Why Biden Isn't Going Anywhere

…because he has succumb to gravity and in the process of fossilization and being dangled as a malleable prop by his handlers who are guilty of elderly abuse.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1