Did you know that a Christian organisation has rented a shop next to the bars soi 6 pattaya

advancebooking

23 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It will be easy for them to get donations and money in, claiming to churches abroad that they are fighting the evil bars in soi 6, so they don't care, they can live for free in Thailand without doing any actual real work.

Hmm.....  you make a powerful argument. I might go along there and join up....

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

I was walking down soi 6 doing field research and was surprised to see a live band playing on the street outside a shop in the busy bar area of soi 6 pattaya. Shop front window signs indicated it was a religious organisation. 

A young attractive white girl with big smile approached me wanting to have a chat. This doesnt normally happen to me in my life so I thought 'here we go'. She didnt have a brochure to give me, but of course the conversation soon turned to her religion. I asked her why her religion rents a shop in the biggest brothel street in the country. She said 'god can get into their hearts'. I said these girls are probably all Buddhist and will never convert. She said it didnt matter. 

The guys in the band were Irish Christians. I thought maybe I should go undercover in a 'special mongering operation' and follow them to see if any end up in one of the bars later on paying any fines. In the end I was too lazy and bored to hang around. 

The girls in the bikinis next door and opposite didn't look too impressed by the band and its activities. I thought it was a bit odd to see them there IMHO> 

Opinions...

This religious sect/christians or whatever have been there for years. It is not new.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Sure is, serve the lord the rest of your life while being funded to protect the ladies in soi 6. I might even offer the girls a room, i mean, they need to sleep somewhere too.

I had more in mind that I might take God's word to them and preach in the workplace - try to 'connect' with them, so to speak....

These Christian groups come and go, there used to be one with a HQ in that little soi off Pothole, directly behind Bua Khao. Some years ago they were giving money to the local gals so they didn't have to sell their bodies, so many bargals popped in there on their way to work and picked up a bit extra. And there often used to be a group of young singing bible bashers outside Central.

It seems to me many of these preachers get paid to do whatever they do. And they have quotas how many sign up.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if I had an office near that soi. Nice for a lunch break or afternoon tea time. 

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Are they really Christian in terms of following Jesus' message and philosophy, or bible thumping bigots who would have condemned Mary Magdalen? 

A bunch of missioniering wangers

2 hours ago, advancebooking said:

was surprised to see a live band playing on the street outside a shop in the busy bar area of soi 6 pattaya. Shop front window signs indicated it was a religious organisation. 

If you want to fish, you go to the river.

If you want to hunt lions, you go to Africa.

If it's sinners you're after,................................