Historians rank Trump as worst president

Social Media

51 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump is losing it, before our eyes.

Is he? If he died what would you talk about? You seem to worry about Trump more than anything else.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, stevenl said:

So you have an opinion and stick to it, no matter what.

If I post a source... which is available to anybody who is smart enough to use google... will you read it or do the usual liberal left turn and just deride the source?  That's the problem with the forum rule on sources... it becomes about your OPINION ABOUT the source...

"So you have an opinion and stick to it, no matter what"... right?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

If I post a source... which is available to anybody who is smart enough to use google... will you read it or do the usual liberal left turn and just deride the source?  That's the problem with the forum rule on sources... it becomes about your OPINION ABOUT the source...

"So you have an opinion and stick to it, no matter what"... right?

That's the problem with untrustworthy/unreliable sources. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Waiting for dolf to define (his definition) of marxist views. 

Marxists believe in a classless society and working for the common good. But there is no common good apart from survival which is why tribes still have chiefs living in a jungle.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, morrobay said:

Trump worst president says the military industrial complex. Bush: Iraq and Afghanistan. Obama: Syria and Libya. Biden: Ukraine  plus Obama https://www.cato.org/commentary/americas-ukraine-hypocrisy

Trump was a mid range President. Bush was bad then Obama was worse now it's Biden as the worst. So American's haven't learnt much about voting for the right guy.

• Sad 1

On 2/20/2024 at 2:16 PM, Berkshire said:

Yeah, the fact that a good number of Americans would still vote for this buffoon even though he finished DEAD LAST of all Presidents in US history.

As they say "Stupid does as stupid is".

• Agree 1

On 2/20/2024 at 1:58 PM, wensiensheng said:

Why down the toilet? Do you have some metrics that support that comment?

leaving aside the carnage caused by rampant gun ownership, the obvious racism evident in some states, the damage to democracy caused by the electoral college system of voting; a number of the usual metrics utilized to rank a country actually make the United States seem to be doing rather well.  Perhaps that’s why the stock market is at record levels (if stock investing is a barometer of economic metrics)

I assume you can read. Look at the numbers it is self explanatory. But if, as you appear, to be a Biden person then good for you. Dont complain when everything turns out bad for you. You want him you have him.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dolf said:

Trump was a mid range President. Bush was bad then Obama was worse now it's Biden as the worst. So American's haven't learnt much about voting for the right guy.

My post was in the context of what presidents started wars / aiding and  abetting. So Bush was the worst. Obama got the US into the Syria mess as well as in Lybia. And then the Obama ,/ Clinton no response during the siege on Benghazi. And now Biden with the open border disaster and Billions going down the Ukdraine rabbit hole. So even if Trump was mid range sure beats the damage from these other Saps. But they sure do know how to  vote for the wrong guy - twice 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Very well put but I also love how the GOP in general always come up with the 'but the economy' argument in the belief it is better under GOP rule when the numbers just simply don't bear out that argument. I try not to argue facts with Trump/GOP supporters for the same reason I don't bother trying to teach my dog how to drive a car but here goes:

Dems Vs Repubs by the numbers. *last 50 yrs  

Years held Presidency: -       Repub- 28yrs,                  Dem-22 yrs

Total jobs created:-              Repub-24 Million,              Dem-42 Million

Stock market return:-           Repub-109%,                     Dem-992% 

GDP:-                                     Repub-2.7%,                      Dem-4.1% 

Income growth:-                  Rep-0.6%                            Dem-2.2%

(source politico, bloomberg, USDL)

Forbes magazine - 'It is simply a fact that since World War II, Democratic presidents have seen 24.4 million more jobs created on their watch—an average of 78.6% more jobs created per year of Democratic administrations—than have Republican presidents. Ditto real GDP growth, 44% higher under Democratic presidents. On the flip side, unemployment has been 18% higher under GOP presidents.   https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2016/11/07/trump-is-right-about-one-thing-the-economy-does-better-under-the-democrats/?sh=3181f8a06786

Oh and another VERY important point:- 9 of the last 10 recessions have been under Republicans.

Easily discredited:

The stock answer is that presidents get too much credit when the economy does well and too much blame when it slumps. The boom-and-bust cycles that are inherent in capitalist economies depend on forces that are independent of any president’s actions. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-much-impact-can-a-president-have-on-the-economy/

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

My other favourite is:-

“Arguing with Trumpers is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the bird is going to $hit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.”

You should learn the basics before insulting people. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-much-impact-can-a-president-have-on-the-economy/

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

Great post, thanks for the information, however it matters not how many/the magnitude of facts that are presented to GOP/MAGAs, they are programmed not to inwardly digest them, so to speak.

Any FACT which contradicts their cult edict is immediately dismissed and diversionary tactics are employed, and this can be seen on this forum, time and time again. The most amazing thing is that they will repeat their lies, even when the truth and facts are presented and are staring them in the face.

And I thought your point, "I try not to argue facts with Trump/GOP supporters for the same reason I don't bother trying to teach my dog how to drive a car but here goes" was brilliant. Well done.

The only cult I see are irrational people making anti Trump rants. The economic cycles dictate a lot of the outcomes however a President can have a major say in wars or border controls. Biden failed. Time to go.

I wouldn't ever expect a rational response from a Trump hater though.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Are you now conceding that Trump didn't do much for the economy?

Trump didn't start wars, controlled the borders. Did a good job.

The others failed to do their job. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Irrational people making anti-Trump rants? 

Condemning Trump for his actions leading to Jan 6 and, equally bad, his failure to do anything to restrain the mob for hours while he watched its rampage on television is not irrational.  It's patriotic.

That is probably the number one reason for Trump's worst ever ranking.

Whatever you say. Waste of time talking to the left.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1