Need to prove current address in Thailand .In English

For legal reasons I need to prove where I am currently living in Thailand it also has to be in English. I don't think my bank will put my name and address on a statement or letter. Is the immigration proof of address in English I can't honestly remember? They have actually asked for either a utility bill, which are all in Thai and in my wife's name or a bank statement, I tried to get one for my daughters passport application and her bank wouldn't do it. I think they will accept any formal letter dated within the last 3 months. Any helpful advice appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My AIS phone bills are in English with address. They don't mail them anymore, but the app printouts look the same. Also banks all send me mail sometimes. You are in a tough spot if the accounts are all in your wife's name.

Can you get your name on a Tabian Baan? That would work. 

Edited by scoutman360
More detail.
  • Confused 1

OP, you need to outline your status in Thailand.....permission of stay wise.

Available from immigration is a certificate of residence. 

Why does this need to be in English. 

Don't be vague . If it's legal matter just say so. 

If you have any overseas bank accounts they probably have your address in Thailand in English on the account. If they don’t mail physical statements out then you can probably download one from online banking as a PDF. 

Cell phone bills are not normally accepted for proof of residence address these days. For utility bills it seems electric bills are usually the only ones accepted now. Sometimes they will accept an apartment lease though.  

Otherwise immigration is probably your only other option. 

1 hour ago, LittleBear57 said:

For legal reasons I need to prove where I am currently living in Thailand it also has to be in English. I don't think my bank will put my name and address on a statement or letter. Is the immigration proof of address in English I can't honestly remember? They have actually asked for either a utility bill, which are all in Thai and in my wife's name or a bank statement, I tried to get one for my daughters passport application and her bank wouldn't do it. I think they will accept any formal letter dated within the last 3 months. Any helpful advice appreciated.

Where is your account?

I have accounts at both TTB and Kasikorn banks and they will issue bank statements with those details in English if I ask them to. They'll even do it for a Thai person, on request (my wife gets statements in English when she is applying for a UK visa, for instance).

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

Embassies, usually, provide certificates of "residence" or the like. Did you contact yours?

Another "road" could be the immigration dept.

Edited by Fab5BKK

I popped into my bank, updated the address from Thai to English and had them print me out a fresh statement to prove my address.

I used it for a proof of address when opening a Bitcoin exchange account overseas, specifically in the US and others.

In fact I opened a whole bunch of exchange accounts while I had the fresh bank letter.

Kasikorn.

When I opened my Crypto account with Binance, I had to supply proof of address in english. I thought I wasn't going to be able to do it. But when I checked, I found my AIS bill, Bangkok Bank statement and my Thai Driver's License all was in english. So I uploaded all of them to Binance, so they could have their pick. I was approved with no issues.

16 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

I got a bank statement with my address on it in English years ago. 

Dunno if anything changed with that.

The address on my BXX credit card statement is in both Thai and English.

If you haven't spoken to K bank call centre, they may be worth a try, they seem to nowadays be better listeners and to some extent have a 'can do' attitude. 

The 2 banks I still have accounts with in Australia have (on their internet banking website) a list of different letters you can generate for yourself, and taken just a few seconds. 

Good luck. 

Edited by scorecard

18 hours ago, LittleBear57 said:

my bank has my Thai address in English as do my US health insurance company and pension producing office and has done it this way for decades.

Health insurance people may do it for me their English though is very poor., True visions is in the wife's name it may be possible to change things. I have an appointment at BKK Hospital later this year maybe they could send me a reminder to my address? 

Thanks all.

22 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

If you have any overseas bank accounts they probably have your address in Thailand in English on the account. If they don’t mail physical statements out then you can probably download one from online banking as a PDF. 

Cell phone bills are not normally accepted for proof of residence address these days. For utility bills it seems electric bills are usually the only ones accepted now. Sometimes they will accept an apartment lease though.  

Otherwise immigration is probably your only other option. 

My bank is in the UK and I have my sons address registered with them, British banks are closing their accounts with expats, definitely not going there and telling them I live in Thailand.

9 hours ago, garygooner said:

Bangkok Bank put my address in English on a bank statement for me so I could use it for my new UK passport application. No problems at all. 

Unfortunately my banks are Kasikorn and Ayuthaya and they have both refused.

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

I've had several letters from Korat Immigration confirming my address in Thailand, I don't think any of them were the official Residence Certificate but they were all in Thai.

I was hoping they did it in English, 3 years since I got one for my driving licence and I cannot remember, but think it must have been in Thai.

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you need to outline your status in Thailand.....permission of stay wise.

Available from immigration is a certificate of residence. 

Why does this need to be in English. 

Don't be vague . If it's legal matter just say so. 

I am trying to transfer a UK pension and they want proof of my address in Thailand. They need to be able to read it too. 

I had a similar requirement for proof of residence, - in fact a change of address, that is only a utility bill, signed by a lawyer or the British Embassy.

Though my home receives two utility bill every month (created from devices that read the meters) and in Thai language. Both are addressed exactly where I live but to my wife. They do not lend themselves to be translated.

When notifying the Insurance Company (re my private pension) by registered post of my change of address nearly thirteen months ago, they sent a written reply to my new address that I received stating that a the utility bill as mentioned above and a signed copy of my passport was required. I explained it could not be done and instead, I sent them a copy of each of my utility bills and 12 other proofs including a video of me outside and inside my house. I sent a copy of my driving licence back and front showing the address in Thai and English.

In addition, I sent a certificate of residence issued at Immigration, different pages of my passport. I did all this by email and it was received by them. I then received a reply stating that only a (f)utility bill was acceptable. I told them and sent a copy of my Government change of address that required nothing except me advising them of it. It was then I decided that I would tell them I hadn't moved after all and if they wanted to send anything to me, the old address and the new address was OK for me to receive them.

About two weeks ago, I received another letter - computer generated, by post taking seven weeks to get here that ignored everything in my emails and still insisting on a utility bill.

I have given up!

Certificate of Residence from Immigration? easy to get but these are mailed out and usually received within 7 days.

TM.30? PDF from website

TM.47? from the website, both the TM47 submitted (shows address) and the associated Receipt of Notification.  

But who knows who is asking for this from the OP. Obviously they must have a list of acceptable documents.

19 hours ago, LittleBear57 said:

My bank is in the UK and I have my sons address registered with them, British banks are closing their accounts with expats, definitely not going there and telling them I live in Thailand.

I agree. I know Barclays has started closing accounts in the UK of non-residents. But if you have an offshore account at any of the banks in IOM or CI then no problem having a Thai address. Lloyds, Natwest, or any of the others on the isles would be fine. 

On 2/27/2024 at 8:36 PM, ChrisKC said:

I had a similar requirement for proof of residence, - in fact a change of address, that is only a utility bill, signed by a lawyer or the British Embassy.

Though my home receives two utility bill every month (created from devices that read the meters) and in Thai language. Both are addressed exactly where I live but to my wife. They do not lend themselves to be translated.

When notifying the Insurance Company (re my private pension) by registered post of my change of address nearly thirteen months ago, they sent a written reply to my new address that I received stating that a the utility bill as mentioned above and a signed copy of my passport was required. I explained it could not be done and instead, I sent them a copy of each of my utility bills and 12 other proofs including a video of me outside and inside my house. I sent a copy of my driving licence back and front showing the address in Thai and English.

In addition, I sent a certificate of residence issued at Immigration, different pages of my passport. I did all this by email and it was received by them. I then received a reply stating that only a (f)utility bill was acceptable. I told them and sent a copy of my Government change of address that required nothing except me advising them of it. It was then I decided that I would tell them I hadn't moved after all and if they wanted to send anything to me, the old address and the new address was OK for me to receive them.

About two weeks ago, I received another letter - computer generated, by post taking seven weeks to get here that ignored everything in my emails and still insisting on a utility bill.

I have given up!

Yep! Sounds par for the course. I have sent passport copy, HMRC self assessment letter, Legal and General letter, Military pension letter not dated, driving licence Thai as it has address here on it in English, and they have now asked for a copy of my birth cert.