How do you resist temptation?

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Don't know any bars open at 8am. Try a sandwich massage which has a happy beginning and a happy ending.

I’ve been sat in one since 08:15.!

bob.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

I find it extremely hard if not impossible to resist the temptations that come along with living life as an expat in Thailand.

Discipline.....

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bob smith said:

Temptation is everywhere in Thailand,

from the countless bars that open their doors at 8am,

to the lovely young girl dressed in a short skirt that grabs you by the arm as you walk down the street,

it’s all around us.

yet many seem to resist such things,

or live so far in the boonies that they never come across it.

when one lives in or frequents a tourist ghetto then it is very easy to slip into a life of alcoholism, drug abuse and casual sex việt

I am a victim of such vices,

I find it extremely hard if not impossible to resist the temptations that come along with living life as an expat in Thailand.

god help me.

bob.

You look at the temptation, and instead of getting all anxious and compulsive about it, you just relax and turn your attention somewhere else.

No temptation, no thought, no emotion, lasts longer than 90 seconds in our brain. from the time that biochemical neural impulse is created until it is reabsorbed and ends. Even nicotine cravings and the hot-flashes of menopause pass quickly. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, bob smith said:

it is very easy to slip into a life of alcoholism, drug abuse and casual sex.

On alcoholism and drug abuse, I don't agree.  I've been travelling to Thailand for over 20 years and living there in and off.  I enjoy a few drinks when I go out but I haven't indulged in any form of drugs for many years and even then it was just weed. Its a bit sad if you can't have a good night out without getting legless or high.

Casual sex however...................got me there. I admit to being an addict.  However, that's one addiction I have no intention of fighting.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1

Well Bob, haven't had a beer or a cigar in a week. I loved that, a few ice cold beers with a cigar. But it gets old and I just stopped. The destruction of my family for a little strange just isn't worth it, what would my kid say?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MangoKorat said:

On alcoholism and drug abuse, I don't agree.  I've been travelling to Thailand for over 20 years and living there in and off.  I enjoy a few drinks when I go out but I haven't indulged in any form of drugs for many years and even then it was just weed. Its a bit sad if you can't have a good night out without getting legless or high.

Casual sex however...................got me there. I admit to being an addict.  However, that's one addiction I have no intention of fighting.

It's easy to be addicted to sex in Thailand. Easy to not drink as it causes hangovers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1