UPDATE: Swiss man’s visa revoked

webfact

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Fantastic news. Hopefully hundreds will be at the airport to bid him farewell. He was one of those people who seems to have brought misery with him, everywhere he went. Thailand does not need him, nor want him. Urs David Fehr brings nothing to the table. He is an empty suit. A waste of space. A toxic mass. He will not be missed. He took his life here for granted, mistreated good folks, and now he is paying the price. See ya! 

how do you know she was good?

bob.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Unlike popular liberal left thinking mitigating events does not change the event that took place... each one stands on it's own... it is so schoolyard to point the finger and say BBBUUT look what Johnny did... equity thinking is the bane of intelligence.

So far the reaction to this statement is...  4 confused liberals... 1 sad one... and one happy one... figures.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

It's interesting how much publicity and public outrage this has created. A day or so later a tourist was mown down and killed on a pedestrian crossing by a hit and run, and not a whisper. That's normal I suppose, while kicking someone isn't.

And don't take this post as support for the arrogant Swiss, who I'd rather see spend six months in a Thai jail than only be deported - if he ever is, as he isn't short of a baht or two. His problem in this case though is that he attacked a Thai, so money might not talk.

• Like 2

Just now, bob smith said:

No.

The problem is the numpty filmed himself doing so and uploaded the video to social media!

I mean, how stupid is that??

bob.

Very stupid.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

As much as his behaviour was despicable, this seems to be excessive. Potentially a life damaged. We are all here at the whim of the locals it appears, and can be subject to their tantrums and bad behaviour.... but beware, react and it could be blown out of proportion. 

I agree. It's Vindictive Against Farang Week, with minor events making headline news with calls to deport the offender. I'd say that the blocking of an ambulance as this arrogant idiot did was far more serious an offence, but nothing happened then, did it. Kick a Thai, hang him.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Yes , not a nice character , apparently .

But there was not much of a kicking ( bodily harm ) . Can be seen in the video .

He seems to be  a big spender ( 1 mio monthly rent !!! ) . His elephant sanctuary has all the papers needed .

He employs thai people . Kicking him out by revoking his visa is not the best decision . There should be a better solution ( like him being forced to do social work etc . )

I wonder why ' his ' land has no clear demarcation or fence . Was there a sign that indicated that members of the public have no right to access ?

Anyway , the thai " doctor " was no doctor yet , just a student .

That shows clearly that , in this country , aggression against natives is a no go .

Being tolerated as guests ( even if living here for many years ) , is all a farang can expect .

A foreigner in thailand is not without legal rights , but these have to be enforced by a tribunal , a judge . Costly process . but worth doing in some cases .

But not this one .

Now that is delicious. He deserves all this grief. Sadly, to have it reviewed does not necessarily mean to have it revoked. If his visa is straight and clean it will just be a review. Be we can hope. I'm curious to know what visa he is on. He owns an elephant sanctuary so maybe non-B; but I think he's married so he might be here on an extension based on marriage. Could be an Elite or an LTR. 

25 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Is speeding a crime? Not wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle? Littering?

crime is a crime, right? So be careful what you wish for.

You are right... BUT criminality is broken down further... while speeding, no helmet, littering are crimes... they are "misdemeanors" and generally forgiven with a fine... ASSAULT & BATTERY is a felony on another person... and demands a totally different punishment.

• Agree 1

Just now, renaissanc said:

I disagree with the idea of kicking him out of the country. He made a silly mistake. If you watch the daily news at midday, the incident is minuscule compared to what Thais are doing to each other. I mean extremely miniscule in comparison. He regrets what he did. In a month everyone will have forgotten what happened anyway. Leave him be to look after the elephants.

So in your mind... ASSAULT & BATTERY is a silly mistake... sad

1 hour ago, schultzlivgthai said:

At 45 years old, what type of visa would he have?

He has a work visa he is allowed to work in Thailand managing his elephant sanctuary 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I only read one page of comments. But it seems everybody here is happy that that guy probably has to leave the country.

Not everyone is happy about it..

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know him and looking at the picture he doesn't look like a nice guy.

and you just look like butter wouldnt melt dont you, a picture of perfection you are.

bob.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Is speeding a crime? Not wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle? Littering?

crime is a crime, right? So be careful what you wish for.

Speeding is generally not a crime, it is a traffic infraction and you are given a fine.  Similarly not wearing a helmet is the same.  General littering (i.e. dropping a paper on the ground), similarly so.  

Speeding can be a crime if you are going something like 80kph over the speed limit and/or you are charged with reckless driving

And of course littering can be if it rises in severity (like dumping and/or hazardous waste). 

You cannot walk up to someone and punch them, or kick them or anything like that.  Well, you can but then you can be charged with a crime and jailed -- in this case -- deportation is the way to go.

• Like 1