British man quits England for Thailand’s tropical tranquility

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Has he come here on refugee status , how does he think he is going to be

able to stay here , "aspires to bring his family to Thailand once he has settled down. "

his bubble is soon going to be burst .

regards worgeordie

I hope he has a solid medical insurance otherwise the NHS may one day become again very attractive if he becomes older

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah flying to Thailand on a one way ticket is is a thing and I have done it many times.

Maybe that's because of the Visa you have, or re=entry permit. Not this guy.

Well, I didn't come to Thailand for the same reason as this guy (a long time ago) so difficult to say if I would do under today's conditions. But no matter where one goes it is just swapping one set of problems for another set and whether one can adapt. I wish him well but 'rose tinted glasses' usually fade...wonder if he driving around yet.

• Like 1

"The 22 year old London-born receptionist booked a one-way ticket to Bangkok, Thailand, at the beginning of the year, revealing plans to tour Thailand for a few months before finding somewhere to settle down. "

I thought check in staff, in London,  would ask  for a return ticket, or at least a ticket out of Thailand, ditto immigration in Thailand?🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluejets said:

.....and at some future time, perhaps reality kicks in.

Like, what to do for money ,obviously has zero savings, any form of health insurance would eat into anything he might have,how will he work here, how to pay for whatever visa just lets you plonk youself down here forever and a day and broadcast the fact on some 2 bit social media site.

Absolute tosser.......

Give him a chance... 

In a few months/weeks, once he's learnt how to apply lippy, eyeliner and false eyelashes you may see him hanging out around Soi 4.

Not saying he'll make much income but at least he's trying. 

(VERY TRYING!) 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, twizzian said:

The title should read “Man quits England

I’m a little dubious about the word British.

oops, I’ve put my foot in it now!

We have has non White British people with funny sounding names for about 60 years now , the British Prime Minister isn't White and has a funny name 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

How could a UK citizen (native born) come here on refugee status? Obviously not.

And further Thsiland is not a signatory to the convention on refugees  so no protections and certainly no support for coming here as a refugee.

Presumably he entered either visa exempt or on TV. And indeed he needs to find a job. 

Yes, I had flashing lights appearing from the get go in coming to Thailand on a one way ticket … no doubt, we are not given the complete story. As written, I cannot understand how it would be possible.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, John Drake said:

Sure looks like the sort of guy you want to hire to teach English, huh?

IMG_9386-1.jpg

Bong ripper or cocktail glass, either way he will compete in the job market with his stunning qualifications.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I thought check in staff, in London,  would ask  for a return ticket, or at least a ticket out of Thailand, ditto immigration in Thailand?🙄

There's a $30 fix for that. Buy an onward ticket. Even a throwaway. 

Hardly a deal killer, even if the airline demands an onward ticket. And not all of them do. Neither does immigration for the vast majority of entries.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Anyway, the good news about all of this is that the UK is rid of a loser, (at least until he comes crying back to mummy...)

Well he'll be in good company in Thailand then won't he.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

How could a UK citizen (native born) come here on refugee status? Obviously not.

And further Thsiland is not a signatory to the convention on refugees  so no protections and certainly no support for coming here as a refugee.

Presumably he entered either visa exempt or on TV. And indeed he needs to find a job. 

Maybe already on overstay & this is just his sob story to soften up the immigration officers for when he gets caught. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

How much was he paid to be in this article. At 22 how is he going to support himself and how did he enter Thailand on a one way ticket the whole article stinks of BS

• Agree 2