Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

From his link: "Every day, a different platoon goes out to raid homes in the area," wrote one soldier. "The houses are destroyed, occupied. Now what is left is to thoroughly search them. Inside the couches. Behind the closets. Weapons, intel, [tunnel] shafts and rocket launchers. We found all of these. In the end, the house is burned, with everything in it.""

Just now, Neeranam said:

Lets not forget the children who are not only being starved and killed, but can't be educated. 

Since the war started, 625,000 children across #Gaza have been denied an education as schools have been forced to remain closed.

https://x.com/UNRWA/status/1801614695918358634

So, they are no longer being taught to hate and kill Jews and that Israel needs to be eradicated> 

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So, they are no longer being taught to hate and kill Jews and that Israel needs to be eradicated> 

I believe it's called indoctrination.

• Agree 2

While the IDF have their daily humanitarian pauses you can bet Hamas terrorists will carry on as normal.

The Israeli military on Sunday announced a “tactical pause” in its offensive in the southern Gaza Strip to allow the deliveries of increased quantities of humanitarian aid.

The army said the pause would begin in the Rafah area at 8 a.m. (0500 GMT, 1 a.m. eastern) and remain in effect until 7 p.m. (1600 GMT, noon eastern). It said the pauses would take place every day until further notice.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-palestinians-gaza-hamas-war-un-humanitarian-8c111f2dcf783f8671e6dd6f19547b17

18 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Collective punishment is apparently a crime against humanity, but israel has been doing so for decades, with immunity provided by the colluding power, America.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Very true, its not just Hamas sacrificing its own civilians.

Senior Palestinian official accuses Iran of ‘sacrificing the blood’ of those in Gaza

The Iranian regime also reportedly claimed that the Oct. 7 attack was intended, among other things, to avenge the [U.S.'s January 2020] killing of [IRGC Quds Force commander] Qassem Soleimani.”

In a statement carried by the official WAFA news agency, Abbas’s office said such comments are “clearly” aimed at sacrificing Palestinian blood and destroying Palestinian land.

These comments “will not lead to the establishment of an independent Palestinian state with east Jerusalem as its capital,” the office said.

“The Palestinian people have been fighting and struggling for a hundred years, and they do not need wars that do not serve their ambitions for freedom and independence and for the preservation of Jerusalem and its Islamic and Christian sanctities,” the P.A. stressed.

https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/senior-palestinian-official-accuses-iran-of-sacrificing-the-blood-of-people-oxy0wmrp

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Collective punishment is apparently a crime against humanity, but israel has been doing so for decades, with immunity provided by the colluding power, America.

You are in favour of killing innocent civilians , you are in favour of war crimes and crimes against humanity 

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So before 7/10, Hamas/Gazans were 'not' firing rockets into Israel on a near daily basis, with the rockets supplied by..........?  🤔

5 minutes ago, transam said:

So before 7/10, Hamas/Gazans were 'not' firing rockets into Israel on a near daily basis, with the rockets supplied by..........?  🤔

How could they possibly be firing rockets from an open-air prison? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

He was making the point that Gaza cannot be an open air prison as they are firing rockets from Gaza

That's what I thought, but what is the relevance regarding rockets we know come from Gaza on a regular basis to blow up something in Israel before 7/10...🤔

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

More to the point Israeli government ignores UN and US policy decisions if contrary to their wishes = been going on for years e.g. Settlers in West Bank and administrative detention without trail. l

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

More to the point Israeli government ignores UN and US policy decisions if contrary to their wishes = been going on for years e.g. Settlers in West Bank and administrative detention without trail. l

Yet this topic is not about years ago, its about daily updates.

Some Israeli's know what they want, such a nice man, or is he, discuss?

Israel: Former MP invokes Hitler in call to expel Gaza's 'Islamo-Nazi' population
Moshe Feiglin in TV interview calls for resettlement of Gaza and expulsion of Palestinians.

In a panel discussion on Channel 12, Feiglin called for resettlement in Gaza and argued Israel should transform the Palestinian territory into a "Hebrew Gaza".

"We are not guests in our country, this is our country, all of it," he said in the video shared on Sunday in Israeli social media. 

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/israeli-former-knesset-member-moshe-feiglin-invokes-hitler-while-calling-gaza-resettlement

• Confused 1

Hamas's Gaza leader, not ex. Lovely chap, discuss?

Hamas’s Sinwar said to laud high civilian death toll in Gaza as ‘necessary sacrifice’

Wall Street Journal report details messages to interlocutors in which Gazan terror chief exalts Palestinian deaths as helping increase pressure on Israel

Hamas chief Yahya Sinwar has insisted that civilian bloodshed in Gaza is a necessary sacrifice that will lead to the liberation of Palestine, according to a report published late Monday, bolstering accusations that the terror group has intentionally put its people in harm’s way over the last eight months of devastating war in Gaza.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamass-sinwar-said-to-laud-high-civilian-death-toll-in-gaza-as-necessary-sacrifice/

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hamas's Gaza leader, not ex. Lovely chap, discuss?

Hamas’s Sinwar said to laud high civilian death toll in Gaza as ‘necessary sacrifice’

Wall Street Journal report details messages to interlocutors in which Gazan terror chief exalts Palestinian deaths as helping increase pressure on Israel

Hamas chief Yahya Sinwar has insisted that civilian bloodshed in Gaza is a necessary sacrifice that will lead to the liberation of Palestine, according to a report published late Monday, bolstering accusations that the terror group has intentionally put its people in harm’s way over the last eight months of devastating war in Gaza.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamass-sinwar-said-to-laud-high-civilian-death-toll-in-gaza-as-necessary-sacrifice/

Just proves they are all nutters........🤔

• Like 1

Hamas sexual abuse survivor at White House event: My recovery depends on hostages’ return

Amit Soussana, who was the first released Israeli hostage to come forward about the sexual abuse she endured in captivity, addresses a White House event marking International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict.

“If someone had told me a few months ago while I was sitting in a dark room in Gaza tied up by my ankle and unable to move that I would be standing here today before you all, I would have thought that they were out of their mind,” she tells attendees shortly after meeting US Vice President Kamala Harris.

“Being in captivity means having no control over your mind, body or soul. You have absolutely no control over what happens to you. All your basic human rights are taken from you. Even your feelings are completely controlled by someone else,” says Soussana.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/hamas-sexual-abuse-survivor-at-white-house-event-my-recovery-depends-on-hostages-return/

Amit Soussana speaks at a White House event raising awareness for conflict-related sexual violence on June 17, 2024. (Screen capture/YouTube)

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hamas sexual abuse survivor at White House event: My recovery depends on hostages’ return

Amit Soussana, who was the first released Israeli hostage to come forward about the sexual abuse she endured in captivity, addresses a White House event marking International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict.

“If someone had told me a few months ago while I was sitting in a dark room in Gaza tied up by my ankle and unable to move that I would be standing here today before you all, I would have thought that they were out of their mind,” she tells attendees shortly after meeting US Vice President Kamala Harris.

“Being in captivity means having no control over your mind, body or soul. You have absolutely no control over what happens to you. All your basic human rights are taken from you. Even your feelings are completely controlled by someone else,” says Soussana.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/hamas-sexual-abuse-survivor-at-white-house-event-my-recovery-depends-on-hostages-return/

Amit Soussana speaks at a White House event raising awareness for conflict-related sexual violence on June 17, 2024. (Screen capture/YouTube)

Harris: I fear testimony on Hamas sexual violence will increase as more hostages released

US Vice President Kamala Harris expresses her concern that testimony on Hamas’s use of sexual violence will only increase as more hostages are released from Gaza.

Speaking at a White House event raising awareness on conflict-related sexual violence, Harris recalls stories she’s heard from former hostages, including Amit Sussana who was the first abductee to come forward publicly about the sexual abuse she endured in captivity.

Sussana is also participating in the White House event, which includes the screening of Sheryl Sandberg’s Screams Before Silence — a documentary on the sexual violence perpetrated by Hamas-led terrorists during the October 7 onslaught.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/harris-i-fear-testimony-on-hamas-sexual-violence-will-increase-as-more-hostages-released/ 

Getting the job done even with daily humanitarian pauses

IDF says half of Hamas’s forces in Rafah dismantled, at least 550 gunmen killed
Military says it found 25 ‘long’ tunnels, some which may cross into Egypt, as Palestinians report Israeli troops are pushing deeper into Gaza’s southernmost city

The IDF’s 162nd Division has been fighting in Rafah for more than 40 days, first taking control of the city’s eastern outskirts and the border crossing with Egypt in early May. In the second stage of the operation, about a week and a half later, the division captured the Brazil neighborhood. The third stage of the Rafah offensive saw the IDF take control of the entire Egypt-Gaza border, known as the Philadelphi Corridor, and push into the city’s northwestern Tel Sultan neighborhood.
The IDF said it has killed at least 550 gunmen in the Rafah operation — that is, those it was able to physically identify following battles. Many more terror operatives were killed in strikes against buildings and tunnels, it has assessed. Additionally, an unknown number of terror operatives fled the Rafah area as the military began its offensive there.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-says-half-of-hamass-forces-in-rafah-dismantled-at-least-550-gunmen-killed/