Thai cops probe groping incident by foreign men in Bangkok

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Oh, such a clever play on words - well done you!

Clever, clever boy!

The world is amazed at your cleverness

your from the same cuntry I take it? 

Edited by Olmate

2 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

Hands up men who have been groped by ladies and ladyboys while strolling around Beach Road! 

Sorry but I really don't want to put my hands up men who have been groped by ladies and ladyboys whilst I am strolling around Beach road. I must therefore regretfully decline your kind invitation 

Edited by RobU
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:
3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The juvenile 'reporters' at The Thaiger think their school humour is funny. Not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

I think schoolboy humour is funny too.

It doesn't belong within a news organisation.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The victims reported the incident to Chana Songkram Police Station a day after it occurred. They insisted on pursuing the case to the fullest extent and requested the police to revoke the perpetrators’ visas or include their names on blacklists to prevent them from assaulting others.

This makes me seethe when they all start jumping on this bandwagon.  

This has all been media-inspired and generated.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Sanong explained that the maximum penalty for sexual assault is imprisonment of up to 10 years, a fine of up to 200,000 baht, or both. Visa revocation would be subject to consideration by the Immigration Bureau.

And this won't help either, with 99.99% seeking compensation of 200K instead of a fine.

If the guys were behaving like jerks, there are ample Police in the area or available by phone, to be on the spot quickly to deal with the matter there and then if they were so outraged.

If that were to happen to women in the wider world, the perpetrators would have had a tongue-lashing from the women and been made to look foolish.

It certainly wouldn't have entered people's heads to start talking about revoking visas and blacklists, as I said, this has all been stirred up by the media, in reaction to previous infractions of the law and widely publicised knee-jerk reactions from Police on TV.

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Too many males come and think every Thai girl is a hooker or available for sex.

Disrespectful and disgusting behavior they should deport to set an example. 

All women have a price.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Find them and deport them, ban them from Thailand for 10 years... they can giggle together on their way to the airport

You see, these are exactly the types of stupid responses a story like this generates.

You are part of the problem, not the remedy.

As soon as this kind of ploy starts to work, every woman chasing money will start claiming to have been indecently assaulted to extract money.

The Police will join in as they have found a new money-making scheme to extort money, and the assault on the women will be low down on the list of priorities of the local plod.

Fine and deport and ban for 10 years for a stupid, childish probably drunken bit of clowning?

What next? five years in jail for driving without a crash helmet?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, rexpotter said:

All women have a price.

Definition of Sexual Harassment: Unwanted sexual attention towards a female (usually) who does not think the man is attractive. If they like them, or a are really rich or famous, a different story.

Just now, Scouse123 said:

You see, these are exactly the types of stupid responses a story like this generates.

You are part of the problem, not the remedy.

As soon as this kind of ploy starts to work, every woman chasing money will start claiming to have been indecently assaulted to extract money.

The Police will join in as they have found a new money-making scheme to extort money, and the assault on the women will be low down on the list of priorities of the local plod.

Fine and deport and ban for 10 years for a stupid, childish probably drunken bit of clowning?

What next? five years in jail for driving without a crash helmet?

That is now rife in Singapore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reigntax said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Hard to argue with your view on the topic Lou

I'm surprised no one has!   Unfortunately that's what happens on a forum that does not give members the facility to delete their own comments.

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

The end of the world must be upon us, as I find myself in full agreement with a couple of folks with whom I'm forever at odds. Best we all get our affairs in order, as the sun must be about to explode or the comet Kahoutek is back bigger and better than its first pass.

It's easy to see...scrolling through the comments...who are the misogynists and Incels on this Forum, likely to be the proverbial "old, fat, bald farang".

Anyone who has been in Thailand a while has seen slimeballs engaging in that type of behavior: foreigners behaving badly and assuming all Thai women are just playthings for the "superior" foreigner.

In my business I have many Thai female staff. Almost every one of them has experienced this sort of nonsense from foreign men. They've been groped, been asked "How much short time?" even when out shopping in Siam Paragon or Terminal 21. It is not surprising why so many Thai women have a negative impression of foreign men....and that's all foreign men, not only Westerners.

My knowledge from female friends is that all women experience this kind of behaviour no matter what their nationality. In some countries like India Spain and Italy this misogynistic behaviour is actually ingrained in the culture. 

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm surprised no one has!   Unfortunately that's what happens on a forum that does not give members the facility to delete their own comments.

Its why I use Telegram and not WhatsApp or LIne. Telegram allows you to delete both ends never to be seen again.

7 minutes ago, rexpotter said:
8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Its why I use Telegram and not WhatsApp or LIne. Telegram allows you to delete both ends never to be seen again.

Agreed.

16 hours ago, NativeBob said:

yeah, sure-sure, Monday at 9PM for food. Gimme a break! 2 milfs came for some thrill, they got one.

also, even in Thailand none can claim whatever she/he imagine. Are there fingerprints on her butt? 3 witnesses? No? than sorry, 

To revoke visa or banlist smells like some shakeup attempt.

I'd say go to court and sue these b**ches!

Yes, sounds like a setup to me.

15 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

and her twitter post:

"Yall know him? 21:00 At khaosan road these 2 guys came up to my friend & one of them groped her butt. Instead of being guilty he was giggling and She then proceed to give him a couple punches. The other bald guy was trying stop me from filming, they walked away"

! story for the police and 1 story for the "Outraged Netizens"

Seems there was an assault, just not the 1 reported.

Getting punches while sexually harassing people isn't assault. It is called serves you right.

From her Twitter:

"I am one joint away from sending his name to my friend that like to make bad farang disappeared."

Not defending what these pricks did but saying <deleted> like that doesn't help her case against them even though it's a laughably empty threat.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to the Twitter user, one of the two foreigners grouped her friend’s bottom

Will the farang perversions never end? lol

No brainer. Find them, fine them and throw them out of the country. I have lived here for many many years as a farang expat. Living in any country that is not your own is challenging enough without jerks doing stupid stuff....no matter what their country

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

"I am one joint away from sending his name to my friend that like to make bad farang disappeared."

Oh! Threats! So many stories about "my friend in power" ))) More than "our village buffalo broke his leg"  

the whole anti-Farang media bandwagon is getting out of hand. anyone who even gets a sideways glance from a foreigner can go viral these days. how is that worthy of national or international coverage

The fact that the media reports on the internet is pathetic. not saying these guys are right, but if you have a complaint, report it to the cops, not facebook.

34 minutes ago, n00dle said:

the whole anti-Farang media bandwagon is getting out of hand. anyone who even gets a sideways glance from a foreigner can go viral these days. how is that worthy of national or international coverage

The fact that the media reports on the internet is pathetic. not saying these guys are right, but if you have a complaint, report it to the cops, not facebook.

I agree but idiots like these guys are not helping either. She did report it to the cops the next day but they won't/can't do anything unless they clearly can see them doing it on CCTV. There are guys, Thai and foreign, who get off on groping non bar ladies while there are thousands in the bars who will happily let them do it for the right price instead.

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

From her Twitter:

Not defending what these pricks did but saying <deleted> like that doesn't help her case against them even though it's a laughably empty threat.

Exactly. Some on here need to read that twitter thread first. Threats, derogatory comments about appearance, going to channel 3 channel 7, PPTV., 'Good time to #BANBADFARANGS' post as well as that quite serious threat. She is banging the same drum the media is. Faux anger if you ask me. No way would this have been put on twitter if it was a Thai guy.

Also note SHE wasn't the one who had her backside slapped, no where does she say it was her.

She is milking her friends issue for her own agenda. And I think we know what that is.

I am not condoning the men's behaviour at all btw. They are idiots that need to be dealt with. But dealt with as though it was a Thai man according to Thai law.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, gravity101 said:

Exactly. Some on here need to read that twitter thread first. Threats, derogatory comments about appearance, going to channel 3 channel 7, PPTV., 'Good time to #BANBADFARANGS' post as well as that quite serious threat. She is banging the same drum the media is. Faux anger if you ask me. No way would this have been put on twitter if it was a Thai guy.

Also note SHE wasn't the one who had her backside slapped, no where does she say it was her.

She is milking her friends issue for her own agenda. And I think we know what that is.

I am not condoning the men's behaviour at all btw. They are idiots that need to be dealt with. But dealt with as though it was a Thai man according to Thai law.

Actually she said her friend was groped first, she started filming and he said sorry to her friend while giggling about it and then when she turned around, she said the guy with him then groped her as well and she said what the <deleted> etc..

iff a man walk there you need a protector for your rentals !!

do women also get the same violations, 200.000b and 10 years?after 3 weeks no more women on the streets...

6 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Actually she said her friend was groped first, she started filming and he said sorry to her friend while giggling about it and then when she turned around, she said the guy with him then groped her as well and she said what the <deleted> etc..

When? Not on video or her Twitter description.

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

unbelievable.

These sois are public streets.

Children also walk down them.

So by your rationale, because these sois are located within a so called red light district, then it is OK for a female sex worker to grope any male that walks down said street because he could be on the lookout for something sexual?

there is so much wrong with your statement that I am actually embarrassed for you!

bob.

God, you're dim aren't you.. If you find yourself in a red-light district in it's active time of day, you are very likely there by choice. Otherwise, you, and everybody else, have numerous other roads you can travel.. In any case, a sex worker will not just grope anyone walking down this paricular street, minding their own business, and certainly not a child.. If you have a problem with this type of area, simply avoid it. If you live in this area and don't like it, move.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

unbelievable.

These sois are public streets.

Children also walk down them.

So by your rationale, because these sois are located within a so called red light district, then it is OK for a female sex worker to grope any male that walks down said street because he could be on the lookout for something sexual?

there is so much wrong with your statement that I am actually embarrassed for you!

Edited by Excogitator
Double post

9 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

God, you're dim aren't you.. If you find yourself in a red-light district in it's active time of day, you are very likely there by choice. Otherwise, you, and everybody else, have numerous other roads you can travel.. In any case, a sex worker will not just grope anyone walking down this paricular street, minding their own business, and certainly not a child.. If you have a problem with this type of area, simply avoid it. If you live in this area and don't like it, move.

so by your rationale (again), would it be appropriate for a sex tourist to go around groping sex workers at random?

like so many female sex workers do to men walking down the street?

bob.

• Like 1