I have enjoyed my time in Thailand, but...

1 minute ago, ABCDBKK said:

well it's been fun, but I've used up my free bob-time for today. time to move on to greener pastures. set sail for open waters. start a new chapter. tomorrow ill be awaiting bob's next tasty offering about how he's had a change of heart, reconsidered his options, binned his plane ticket, life is great, he's got a fresh outlook again, couldn't leave mrs smith's behind, and will give it all another go again in the hub of flowing alcohol and land of 24-hour short times. until the next entry...

it was nice to have you with us today!

bob.

• Love It 1

Just now, Dolf said:

You have no clue about paragraphs. You are arrogant, stubborn and wonder why you don't fit into Thailand. Not my fault, not the Thais. You created it.

Actually, I do have a clue about what makes a paragraph, and what I write is not much over the amount of words "allowed". If you are reading on your phone, and have vision issues, I understand if you're having trouble. If you are on a computer and cannot comprehend a long paragraph, that's on you. I'm not arrogant, but I am stubborn. Who says I don't fit in here? I've been here over 6 years and everyone I meet gets along fine with me, because I respect others, and treat women and children well. I don't "belong" here because my thinking is that I can enjoy more the things I like in life, my daughter will be in a better place back home, and here it's becoming harder for a lot of people to be comfortable. This is one reason many move back and many locals move to other countries. I didn't create it. This has been going on for centuries. And it will only get worse before it gets better. I have opened my eyes to reality.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

he point I tried to make seems to have gone straight over your head.

never mind..

enjoy doing your yearly extensions at immigration.

don't forget to update your tm30 now, there's a good boy!

bob.

4 days ago you were trying very hard to integrate into Thai society. 3 days ago you were quitting drinking, 2 days ago you found a hi/so gym, and now you are leaving. What a wimp. 1 hour once a year, and 1 minute once every 90 days. If you are not a space case life can be quite grand here in the LOS. Oh and I will never believe you have spent anywhere near 10 years here. You will always be a newbie bob. Why? You dont and have never had a clue what Thailand is. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually, I do have a clue about what makes a paragraph, and what I write is not much over the amount of words "allowed". If you are reading on your phone, and have vision issues, I understand if you're having trouble. If you are on a computer and cannot comprehend a long paragraph, that's on you. I'm not arrogant, but I am stubborn. Who says I don't fit in here? I've been here over 6 years and everyone I meet gets along fine with me, because I respect others, and treat women and children well. I don't "belong" here because my thinking is that I can enjoy more the things I like in life, my daughter will be in a better place back home, and here it's becoming harder for a lot of people to be comfortable. This is one reason many move back and many locals move to other countries. I didn't create it. This has been going on for centuries. And it will only get worse before it gets better. I have opened my eyes to reality.

That needs 3 or 4 paragraphs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

. The country is as boring as a place can be unless you are happy sitting around, mostly inside, and partying. 

That would be a you problem.

Plenty to see and do.

I am into cars and usually attend a car show or race meeting every other weekend.

When Iam not i'll be out riding the bike with mates, 3 of recently did run up to Buriram for the Nitto King Of Drags Race meet at BRIC.... just a quickie overnighter but was great.

Just now, marin said:

4 days ago you were trying very hard to integrate into Thai society. 3 days ago you were quitting drinking, 2 days ago you found a hi/so gym, and now you are leaving. What a wimp. 1 hour once a year, and 1 minute once every 90 days. If you are not a space case life can be quite grand here in the LOS. Oh and I will never believe you have spent anywhere near 10 years here. You will always be a newbie bob. Why? You dont and have never had a clue what Thailand is. 

I really don't think that the hour once a year and the minute every 90 days is what's been bothering him. It doesn't bother me but many other things do.

• Sad 2

... but nobody likes me here.

Thais don't like me.

Farangs don't like me.

Even girls who I pay to like me don't like me.

And even people in a forum, who never saw me, don't like me.

Life is not fair.

[crying]

whiny.jpg

2 minutes ago, marin said:

Bob is so full of <deleted> it is leaking from his ears.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

... but nobody likes me here.

Thais don't like me.

Farangs don't like me.

Even girls who I pay to like me don't like me.

And even people in a forum, who never saw me, don't like me.

Life is not fair.

[crying]

whiny.jpg

Thanks mate!

and don't forget, you will always only ever be just OneMoreFarang.

bob.

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

That would be a you problem.

Plenty to see and do.

I am into cars and usually attend a car show or race meeting every other weekend.

When Iam not i'll be out riding the bike with mates, 3 of recently did run up to Buriram for the Nitto King Of Drags Race meet at BRIC.... just a quickie overnighter but was great.

In Isaan most of what you see is all the same. It is pretty in many areas, especially the northern mountain regions. The beaches are also nice, but it's an 8 hour drive , so my location isn't good. It again is all about what you like. I have hobbies that I can't enjoy here, with the exception of driving hours to a pay and fish location, and that's not really what I enjoy, preferring to be able to fish any lake I want, like I did back home. There is no hunting here so that's out. If I had a motorcycle, day trips would be okay, but the dangers of driving here override that. Of course you can say you've never had an accident by many have, and on a bike is can be your last.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you don't approve of members' comments to you on a 'kin forum, don't instigate the discussion!

Bob loves the attention.

If you don't approve of members' comments to you on a 'kin forum, don't instigate the discussion!

what is a 'kin forum?

bob.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Perhaps there's justification for the treatment you claim to receive.

But then again, perhaps there isn't?

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

In Isaan most of what you see is all the same. It is pretty in many areas, especially the northern mountain regions.

The beaches are also nice, but it's an 8 hour drive , so my location isn't good.

It again is all about what you like. I have hobbies that I can't enjoy here, with the exception of driving hours to a pay and fish location, and that's not really what I enjoy, preferring to be able to fish any lake I want, like I did back home. There is no hunting here so that's out. If I had a motorcycle, day trips would be okay, but the dangers of driving here override that.

Of course you can say you've never had an accident by many have, and on a bike is can be your last.

Inserted paragraphs for you

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, bob smith said:

perhaps there isn't?

bob.

by your own admission you dribble Thai language so horrendously bad business owners tell you to leave their premises.

Liverpool Lou has it nailed I reckon.

• Agree 1

There are way better places to live, where you are treated like a god, welcomed with open arms and respected by all. Thailand brings to mind the words Flog, Dead and Horse

I live in another place where is perpetual summer, y is so so cheap, where the locals bend over backwards to help me and the visa system is designed to welcome us to come and spend our cash with them.

Should have moved on long ago mate.

Don't ask me where I am, you go look for yourselves like I did. Im keeping my place secret.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

You must have a poor education if you don't know how to use paragraphs. 

If you would read what I write you would see that I said I understand what makes a paragraph. Maybe I really don't care to separate my thoughts into smaller paragraphs. Maybe you can't understand when I write a long paragraph. A smart person doesn't assume what others know. That would be a poor education on your part. You are wasting your time asking me to put things into paragraphs. Why are you bothering? Just to troll? That's arrogance and childish. Arguing just for the sake of. If you could comprehend what I've been writing, you could see I'm educated. Many others use long paragraphs here, and I can understand every word. Again, it's on you.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I really don't think that the hour once a year and the minute every 90 days is what's been bothering him. It doesn't bother me but many other things do.

Just replying to him Fred. Have a read. The guy is so full of poo its falling out his ears. But he seems so love you. Misery loves company I guess. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I don't blame him, as I'm leaving as soon as I can get re-established back in Texas with my daughter. Thailand isn't a bad place but some people and things have made it unlivable.  It's definitely not a good place for women or girls and this is one major reason I'll leave. Some seem to love it and if that's the truth, you can't take that away from them. It has to change a lot of things here before more move out, because America doesn't look at Thais like Thais look at Americans. There they fit in just like everyone else. As long as you don't break any laws, you're accepted, with the exception of a few prejudiced idiots that hate Asians. Not the same here at all. The beaches are beautiful, as long as they stop ruining them. The country is as boring as a place can be unless you are happy sitting around, mostly inside, and partying. The bugs are the worse I've ever seen, and I've been to Canada at ice out, so I know all about mosquitoes and black flies. The women are among the most beautiful on earth, but unlike western countries, where the women are more independent, you are looked at as an ATM by most. The food is great, but you can get great Thai most anywhere, and farang food you have to travel for unless you're in a big city. The women can be a good partner, IF she looks at you as a provider and not an ATM dishing out endless cash and gold to impress her "friends", of which most really don't have except to brag to and talk about behind their backs. Some of the locals here are okay with us, but many are not, and that's not a good thing to live around. I have had dogs and cats poisoned here by disturbed farmers that don't like my ex's family, or are somehow jealous for some strange reason I've never gave them. Some steal from my property when I'm not home, and that's not cool. I don't care if they ask for things because I know most are just getting by, by being sneaky shows a lack of respect for your neighbors. I would be out of here tomorrow if I had the means, as my daughter has to be in school in an English environment before she is 10 so she can adjust to the curriculum. Starting all over back home won't be easy, but it will be worth it. Good luck to you Bob if you're really leaving, as I understand what it's like to be in a place you don't feel comfortable and where you can't be yourself and enjoy your hobbies. No place like home.

You've told us where you're going, which I'll give you credit for. Curious whether you anticipate working once you return to Texas? I ask because you talked about your daughter's education, and starting over from scratch. Not sure how old you are, but unless you're still able to work, won't your standard of living be taking a pretty big hit? Just curious, wish you the best with your relocation plans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Inserted paragraphs for you

You only needed two there, so I'm guessing you don't understand what makes a paragraph, especially if you felt the need to correct mine.

• Sad 2