Immigration says “fast-track service at Bangkok airports” are fakes

webfact

58 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

"It doesn't exist".... "There's no prostitution in Pattaya"......"and There's no gambling in Thailand"! Anything else I've missed? 🤣🤣🤣

You're right, it doesn't exist!

And you don't have to pay THB 2900, it's 1250!

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-28 um 14.13.58.png

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, dogfish180 said:

"It doesn't exist".... "There's no prostitution in Pattaya"......"and There's no gambling in Thailand"! Anything else I've missed? 🤣🤣🤣

There is no corruption in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Ah, so those golf carts from two different companies that I observed whisking passengers from their international arrival gates to immigration yesterday are fakes and don't exist.

I see.

Often the buggies are used by passenger assistance airport service. You or your insurance apply for this before the flight  stating your medical needs. I unfortunately had use of it once . Very good service. As for Fast track companies, they’ve been around forever. I used them years ago. Very good service, I used their limo too to make it all easier. Of course Fast Track, whether the airport legal one or the advertised one, does not make baggage arrival faster !!!!  Different service altogether . It’s a service which needs a complete reorganization, it’s much too long. I rarely wait more than 10/15 mins  in Heathrow or Paris. 

It’s obvious why he’s saying it doesn’t exist, it’s been exposed and shows that immigration are making a lot of money on the side from doing this with the agents so he is covering his own back by denying it’s running. Nothing new here, same bulls*it every time some money making scheme gets exposed.

2 hours ago, JoePai said:
2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Ah, so those golf carts from two different companies that I observed whisking passengers from their international arrival gates to immigration yesterday are fakes and don't exist.

I see.

Expand  

Thai Elite maybe

No, there are other cart services that are not connected with Thai Privilege, and they are advertised all over with packages that include Fast Track immigration. Even AOT itself sells this kind of service through its "Sawasdee Pass" scheme.

55 minutes ago, Presnock said:

I just changed from retiement to the LTR, and plan on using the non-existent fast track service if I go through a Thai international airport.

LTR, SMART Visa, Thai Elite, and a few others are specifically authorized to use Fast Track. The article isn't saying that Fast Track doesn't exist, just making the ludicrous claim that the privilege isn't being openly sold to pax who don't qualify to use it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, brianbiegler said:

😂😂😂

It never ends does it?

So the immigration:

* VIP immigration fast track service

*Meet and greet services upon arrival by professional staff

* Golf cart buggy service

*Documentation service to skip the hassle

That I use every time I enter Suvarnabhumi after a long haul flight didn't exist! 😂

I'm actually quoting the bullet points verbatim from the confirmation emails. 😄

What did they charge you for the service?

3 hours ago, NickyLouie said:

Hope it's not the same service I've used b4 with great success.

I did as well before when I booked transport with the same firm, but now I have the disabled gate to go through.

Slightly off topic...my flight landed 25 minutes early last Monday evening and I was off the aircraft at 8:15pm. 45 minutes later I was through Immigration with no wait, changed some currency, picked up my bag that was already circulating on the belt, through Customs without even a glance and sitting on the free bus to DMK. Can't get more fast-tracked than that. Bus left at 9:00pm with me being the sole pax and was at DMK in 40 minutes. The DMK stop is conveniently close to the entrance of the overhead walkway to the Amari hotel. Checked in, showered and sitting in bed browsing just two hours after landing at BKK. Just had me thinking...this trip was eight flights and every one left on time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

Even AOT itself sells this kind of service through its "Sawasdee Pass" scheme.

Thank you. Just another insert-foot-in-mouth moment for Thai authorities speaking before thinking and without all the facts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Get an APEC card, then you can use fast track all over Asia and get extended visas as well.

Most folks on this forum wouldn't qualify for one:

"To be eligible to apply for an ABTC you must hold a valid passport from an APEC economy (or be a permanent resident of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong, China), engage in regular business travel throughout the APEC region and have no criminal conviction."

• Agree 1

Thailand police no hab corruption 

Pattaya no hab prostitution 

Phuket no hab mafia

Samutprakan no hab gambling dens. At least not next to police station. 

And so on the list of no hab is very long

Thailand hab democracy 

Thailand hab soft power. Especially army hab

Thailand hab police to serve and protect people

Thai mama hab sick buffalo 

Long list of habs too, but not as long as no habs

And thai officials and politicians always tell the truth. Just need to inverse what they say during the translation to get it right 

Edited by mran66
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

in all the years i've been flying into and out of thailand i've never been delayed arriving or leaving - always been through immigration before my bags arrived.

an air stewardess took a shine to me one one flight and gave me a fast-track pass that i could use in case of long queues. i've never had to use it, probably obsolete now 😄

5 hours ago, mfd101 said:

So did you get thru extra fast or not?

Was it fast or not ? FFS, what part of "great service" don't you understand ? "I've used b4 with great success." FYI, I've used it twice in recent times & works a treat. No queue. No waiting. Straight to an end kiosk, nod to the "unofficial helper" from IM officer. Took about 20 seconds all up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cabradelmar said:

I don't know what this immigration official is talking about... and while it might not be fast, it surely exist (they even call it fast track)... 😂

FB_IMG_1711615882661.jpg.2ed4afb65960835fb16c9cdc4080d11d.jpg

Yes this is at the very end of check in near the tourist customs claim desks and the China Air check in counters. Over 70s and young families can use it. It's free from what I observed. 

9 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Was it fast or not ? FFS, what part of "great service" don't you understand ? "I've used b4 with great success." FYI, I've used it twice in recent times & works a treat. No queue. No waiting. Straight to an end kiosk, nod to the "unofficial helper" from IM officer. Took about 20 seconds all up.

OK, keep your hair on.

4 hours ago, dogfish180 said:

No alcohol to be sold between 2pm and 5pm?

• Haha 2

We all know there's no such thing as fast in Thailand. But is that such a bad thing. UK are presently spending Billions of pounds on a train line to save 20 minutes on a 200 mile journey. What's that all about rushing to the bone yard 😧

2 hours ago, claffey said:

Yes this is at the very end of check in near the tourist customs claim desks and the China Air check in counters. Over 70s and young families can use it. It's free from what I observed. 

That's not the one they take you to when you pay

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Presnock said:

LTR visa also advertizes as a benefit, "fast track service at international airports of Thailand".  The Thai board of investment is the sponsor.

I just changed from retiement to the LTR, and plan on using the non-existent fast track service if I go through a Thai international airport.

Used it many times with my trips so far since October of 2022 when I received my LTR visa. Take the wife who is from Myanmar through with me as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

When we arrive at BKK after after flying business class, they allow us to use a special immigration line but I don't know if it called fast track.
Also my wife and I are in our 70's and I think we would go to the special line if we flew economy.

To be fair, even though not especially well written the article does seem to be referring to a specific add “The ad appeared on the website of a car rental company”. And says immigration counters do not offer that service which is true. That does not mean that there are not legitimate companies offering the service, and it’s not just immigration fast track it’s also security. I personally get it through my Citibank credit card and it’s indispensable, taxi to lounge in 5-10 minutes usually. I believe there are two fast tracks. One is VIP, first class and air crew near Gate 1 and the Thai checkin, this is what Citibank use and is great. the other is in between the two regular lines last I saw, think elderly and and others with disabilities can use it and maybe some airlines offer it with their first/business class seats. Looked very hit and miss when I passed

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Used it many times with my trips so far since October of 2022 when I received my LTR visa. Take the wife who is from Myanmar through with me as well.

great to know.  Thanks for that info

Sorta like probably almost any business private or govt, "agents" find ways to bend the rules it seems.  And, there always seem to be customers willing to hire those agents.