Foreign woman criticised for urinating on Bangla Road, Phuket

webfact

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Bathrooms? How about trash containers in public spaces? My theory is they purposefully lack them b/c it means more wossdesrk to Servuce them vs just letting the garbage and litter sit in every cubic meter of public land in thailand…only the smoke of the north surpasses it with every cubic cm of air

In urban areas the lack is an original relic of removing receptacles for explosive devices  targeting the general public. For a short period of time "see through" bins were available outside  major complexes but sadly even those were demonstrated to be a risk.

2 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

If they were Chinese, it would be a number two. Always a giveaway. 

Really? I rarely defecate without urinating also so it must be an Oriental thing. But then again I have never paused to witness primal functions in public other than being annoyed at having to drive around vehicles stopped inconsiderately on the road while the ( invariably Male) driver irrigates vegetation roadside.

10 hours ago, nikmar said:

do you normally pick your nose in public?

Nose picking in public ,even waiters in restaurants, is a Thai thing. They do it a lot, they dig deep, and they examine the product of their labor. 

7 hours ago, NativeBob said:

The insane obsession of thai people to record everything on their phones drives me nuts:
Girl had seizure at Pantip plaza with whole package of symptoms incl. twisting her arms and legs and gushing foam from the mouth. Thrilled thais around were filming like crazy - angles, closeups etc. Maybe selfies. 

Motorcyclist had a horrible accident - helmet crushed brains and blood on the road. Again: angles, closeups probably selfies.

and more and more.

This peeping is just disgusting! 

It is a worldwide phenomena, started by Gen Z, the weakest and most bizarre generation in history. Now the contamination has extended to the general population. 

• Like 1

they have limits on booze intake back home, here none!...not condoning it, but totally understand. been there myself in the early years, however, as a bloke its less revealing to the eye than being a chick

12 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A viral video circulating on Thai social media captured a foreign woman, evidently intoxicated, urinating on the footpath of Bangla Road in Phuket on March 26. This incident prompted criticism from netizens directed at both the foreign woman and the Thai government.

A Thai man shared a video of the foreign woman on Facebook yesterday, March 27. The 56-second video shows the unidentified woman pulling down her panties and urinating near a sign pole.

MGR Online reported that it was the Bangla Road sign pole in the Patong sub-district of Katu district in Phuket. The road is a well-known landmark in the province popular for its vibrant nightlife.

A foreign man, believed to be her boyfriend, was also present and appeared to be drunk himself and unable to help his companion.

Both Thais and foreigners passing by stared at the couple but they appear to be too drunk to care.

The Thai man responsible for the video stated that the foreign couple were Japanese. Additionally, his tone conveyed a sense of irony.

“Thailand! This is Thailand! Only good foreigners come to Patong, you see. This is Patong! So bad! Quality tourists! Government! Send us more of these tourists! Very good! Bangla don’t have bathroom. Authorities, please build one near Patong Beach!”

Quality tourists

Thai netizens expressed mixed reactions in the comment section. Many of them criticised the couple for their behaviour and cited potential fines for the act. Some found the video funny and did not cause any serious offence, while others complained to the authorities about the lack of public toilets.

“Disgusting!”

“There was not much public bathroom, and they are all closed at night. People don’t use bathroom at night?”

“It’s good enough that she managed to take her pants off.”

“The land of freedom.”

“She must face a fine for this.”

Many netizens debated the type of tourists Thailand should attract. They urged the government to focus more on quality tourists as crimes committed by foreigners continue to make headlines.

“A lot of money comes from foreign tourists. Thai people need to be patient, right?”

“Authorities should take action against this kind of foreign tourist. If only bad tourists come to Thailand, how can we attract good tourists to the country?”

A Thai netizen criticised the man who filmed the video, citing damage to Phuket’s reputation. The netizen urged the videographer to decide between witnessing the disruption caused by foreign tourists or returning to the pandemic era, potentially risking their job.

Thus far, officers from the Patong Police Station and other relevant departments have not stepped forward to address the issue or pursue legal action against the foreign woman.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ ศูนย์ข้อมูลภูเก็ต Phuket Info Center

Source: The Thaiger 2024-03-29

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

I saw a Thai woman doing the same opposite Dongtan Beach in Jomtien at 1030 in the morning and she appeared to be a sober beach vendor. Also, on most days of the week, you're likely to pass a Thai guy having a squirt by the side of the road. I've also seen several guys at various times peeing opposite my house and outside my back gate. However, I think this particular woman should have found a more secluded spot to have a sprinkle.

I've seen plenty of Thais doing exactly the same thing late at night, not just in Bangla road, and the netizens don't say anything about that. Just more foreigner bashing, but it isn't exactly a pleasant site to see or smell later on.

3 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

Every time i drive i see Thai men pissing on the side of the road so what's the problem, oh, it's a foreigner

I have seen this many time myself, and no just men having, but women as well having a piss next to the stopped car on the road side, now even trying to hide themselves 

Its just someone happened the take a picture of the young inebriated lady having a squat and someone help her up 

I can tell you just walk down Bangla road and it smell like a urinal in some spot anyway , someone just adding some more, no harm no foul 

I just don't believe they were Japanese.

The Japanese abroad and at home have classy behaviour.

He filmed, he didn't speak to them, how does he know their nationality?

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Luckily she wasn't having a dump! 

Yes lucky for her, would have been difficult. 

I have seen many Thais doing the same thing, including foreigners, wherever their is alcohol and no public toilets, sorry when you got to go you got to go, just have to be a bit more discreet. 

20 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I have seen many car and truck drivers do the same at the road sides even near a petrol station... So again the kettle and the pot...

On the other end.. Tourist industry but no facilities.. Nowhere dustbins, and public toilets to be found there is no infrastucture for tourists no investments ever made...

ever notice that they stand at the back of the car or truck in full view of on comming traffic ...instead of going to the far side out of view

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jesimps said:

I saw a Thai woman doing the same opposite Dongtan Beach in Jomtien at 1030 in the morning and she appeared to be a sober beach vendor. Also, on most days of the week, you're likely to pass a Thai guy having a squirt by the side of the road. I've also seen several guys at various times peeing opposite my house and outside my back gate. However, I think this particular woman should have found a more secluded spot to have a sprinkle.

our trash collectors were draining their veins on the opposite side of the street on pick up days ..   i printed out the security cam photos and brought them over to the OBT office and had the wife lay into the boss.....     nevered happened again

7 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Chinese dump (#2) on beach road in Pattaya and just walk away.

There use to be an ad on NZ TV promoting a deck cleaning agent.  It's name and catch phrase was:

'Spray and walk away' 

Not sure what they could come up with for a slogan of

'Dump and walk away' 

20 hours ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Allegedly Japanese?

How disappointed some many must be was not Russian or Chinese.

Definitely not Chinese, wasn't taking a dump.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well the Chinese still have this activity being done very often. I saw it during many tours in China.

When you have to go and there are no safe alleyways to dart into, what other choice is there?

Peeing your self lools and feels pretty horrible.  For the Thais who were offended, quit being so

sensitive. Really, I have seen many Thais relieve themselves, during my many visits to Thailand as

well.

Saw it in kenya yrs ago a lady did it near a bush people saw,she did her business.PEE over moved on and no one cared.If i saw that would have not have bothered me noticed of course and walked on.She was drunk and the call of nature happened,maybe better to find a quite corner and do it. not in the main st not a good look for anybody

On 3/29/2024 at 10:39 AM, Hellfire said:

Not an easy thing to be a foreigner in Thailand these days. I am even afraid of picking on my nose in public. Don’t want to see my photos or video with a thousand condemning comments from the outraged Thai citizens and my visa being revoked within 24 hours by the governor himself.

Headline: Foreigner dialling up his nose destroys Thailand's image for being booger free.🤣🤣

On 3/29/2024 at 11:26 AM, sikishrory said:

If you're a motorbike taxi driver pissing on the street though nobody bats an eyelid

Right. And the entrance to my soi smells like a Bombay cheap hotel. Thank heavens it rains now and then!