Phuket Hospital Appeals for Respectful Conduct from Russian Patients

webfact

It is a two way street. The Thais treat doctors like gods and do not question any abuse. I will concede that a doctors time is more valuable than mine but not infinitely so. The system can be broken for the benefit of and deference to the staff.

4 hours ago, rexpotter said:

They are animals, the staff doesn't need sensitivity training, they need tazers. Those scum need to go back where they came from.

I reported your post to Justin

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Charge them more , Why does one need to be aggressive and disrespectful

in a hospital ....now they think they own the place 🙄

regards Worgeordie

In some respects, they already do.

3 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Well, take a look in the Ukraine, there you can see how they behave.

Edit: As animals.

I've seen how the US and UK acted in Iraq and I don't equate an army with its people... It's very low IQ thinking.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, mran66 said:

555 - to expect respectful behavior from Russians is about same as expecting Norwegians to have brown skin and thick curly black hair, or say a  bird move around by walking instead of flying i.e not impossible but fairly rare occurrence statistically.

As a Norwegian with brown skin and thick curly black hair I resent that. Funny how you happened to choose to describe Black people as your example. A Freudian slip? You could have chosen any kind of example. So you don't like Russians, and you don't like Black people. Another run of the mill racist who just can't avoid wearing it on your sleeve, can you?

• Haha 2

Not to defend badly behaving Russians, but some of the biggest Aholes I have met in Thailand were and are English and Australians! So does that meet that All of them are Aholes? Probably not!

Regardless of Nationality , all people must be polite and courteous not only in a Hospital Environment, but in All Places ! 

Edited by AlexPattaya
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, vivananahuahin said:

what can you expect from such uneducated people, this is the result of free visa politic, I cannot understand, of this the government is desesperated about the tourism and financial situation.

To be fair, how many of these people would have been unable to afford, or would have been refused, a visa?

I think they would all have got a visa and would be here even if there were no free visa scheme.

of course, had the Thai government decided to reduce the number of Russians by making a visa very hard to obtain, that would be a different matter.

Good to see all the racist comments, but lets ignore poor service and treatment in public hospitals, lack of English, long queues, and doctors who do not know the difference between antibiotic and antiinflammation.

rooms with 20 people, dirty and smell, totally disinterested nurses, unless you tip them 500-800 per day

Here is some flash news, with influx of people, number of hospitals or medical staff has not increased hence not enough to cater, hence rudeness. 

Solutions, either build more hospitals or double number of medical staff and bring in Russians who speak English and some Thai as translators and font guest relations officers.

Private hospitals do not seem to have problems with rudeness, do they? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Charge them more , Why does one need to be aggressive and disrespectful

in a hospital ....now they think they own the place 🙄

regards Worgeordie

Maybe they were charged more and the Russians don't like it?

There isn't a single visit at Burumgrad where I don't see abusive Arabs [AAs]. My guess is that big cash makes a difference.

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm a little confused by this, as the common way for Thais dealing with abusive and/or aggressive behaviour is to simply look through the aggressor as if they don't exist. It's very effective and the aggressor either calms down or is completely ignored. They eventually get the message.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Why place the onus on the hospital staff, the visitors should learn a little patience & perhaps a little Thai language, the leaflet idea is good providing they address the suitable questions and can then be easily translated into many languages with perhaps information on where to obtain additional information if required.

Because "profits over people" is a constant in society.  This kind of behavior obviously could be solved quickly by just refusing service to anyone that violates your policy.  But that would cost money.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1