Russian Businessman Arrested for Alleged Assault, Illegal Weapons

webfact

2 hours ago, frank83628 said:

yeah, those Pesky Russians with their military based all over the world!!

There is a reason why Russia is so large but not strong enough to have military bases all over the world. So that is why they need to bully their neighbours. A classic whataboutist argument but American imperialism doesn't make Russian imperialism any more acceptable.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

This incident has triggered concerns about domestic abuse and illegal firearms possession among foreigners living in Thai popular tourist areas.

I'm sure he brought them in when travelling here by plane... 😝

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

and 2 days ago the NON-elected PM just allowed them to come without visa, great choice Thailand, deal with it

Thailand indeed is in trouble........

2 hours ago, dirtybirty said:

Samui is now absolutely full of the same types weather Russian Ukrainian brit Aussie Israeli ext ect . Doesn't help that the bib here or on the other islands are the most corrupt going. Was told years ago (15 +) buy Aussie and pommie consulates ( embassy officials) that bophut police station the most corrupt they have to  deal within thailand. Wake up old samui expats (decent ones anyway) . This place is going same way as phuket. 

if you're a crim or involved in dodgy dealings then you welcome the corruption and know how things work. what problem is it to the average joe?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Invited by the PM And they got a free 3 month visa + 2 months more. do they run mafias ? 

As said, the Brits and Americans have much longer visas - and a very "vclose" relationship with the local immigration - a lot is dealing with the local Chao Pho - so yes there is a mafi element. THey also have a culture of carrying  or possessing firearms.

Edited by kwilco
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Also seized were a luxury BMW sedan, a Ducati motorcycle, and a pickup truck lacking a license plate

Why seize the vehicles?

2 hours ago, kwilco said:

As said, the Brits and Americans have much longer visas - and a very "vclose" relationship with the local immigration - a lot is dealing with the local Chao Pho - so yes there is a mafi element. THey also have a culture of carrying  or possessing firearms.

If the Brits have a very close relationship with Thai Immigration, then where is the "reciprocal agreement" between Thailand and Britain/UK regarding annual increments to pensions? 🙂 

Edited by sambum
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, sambum said:

If the Brits have a very close relationship with Thai Immigration, then where is the "reciprocal agreement" between Thailand and Britain/UK regarding annual increments to pensions? 🙂 

Are you really that blinkered? - what are you trying to say? -  "they don"t"? or are you just being deliberately obtuse? I quite clearly said "local immigration"

Edited by kwilco
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Are you really that blinkered? - what are you trying to say? -  "they don"t"? or are you just being deliberately obtuse? I quite clearly said "local immigration"

You didn't see the 'smiley emoticon' then?

23 minutes ago, sambum said:

You didn't see the 'smiley emoticon' then?

I saw evidence that someone doesn't know what they are talking about

Edited by kwilco
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, kwilco said:

I saw a evidence that someone doesn't know what they are talking about

"I saw a evidence......." and I don't know what I'm talking about! 🤣

I think it's past your bed time! Night night!

Edited by sambum
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sambum said:

"I saw a evidence......." and I don't know what I'm talking about! 🤣

I think it's past your bed time! Night night!

Can't even recognise a typo - that's the last resort of someone with no idea.

This is a discussion about a man with illegal firearms and other misdemeanours. You however have asked a question that is completely disconnected to the discussion and when this was pointed out, you got defensive and then rather than join in the discussion in an intelligent way, resorted to correcting other people’s spelling. So this appears to be a case of derailing i.e shifting the focus of the conversation away from the main point and onto something irrelevant or is it arguing ad hominem, the logical fallacy of attacking the messenger rather than the message itself.

So are you trying to point out typos to discredit someone's argument? Or are you just grammar trolling: someone who deliberately points out minor errors to disrupt a conversation they don’t understand or in a vain attempt to belittle the other person.

Why don’t you choose which is the best to use depending on your intentions

Edited by kwilco
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Keep reducing those free exempt Russian stay days ..... 90 to 60 and soon 30..........!

Was that his  business suit he was dressed in complete with tattoos. 

Owner of Italian restaurant, maybe not owner  maybe provides protection, maybe he's got another business, let me guess, Ducati dealership???

4 hours ago, sambum said:

How do you work that one out Kwilco that the Brits get longer visas? we get a 30 day on entry Russians get 90 days soon down to 60 still double what Brits get.So explain how we get longer visas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, frank83628 said:

do you think he is fighting Ukraine alone? you know the war could have ended 2 years ago right, saved a whole tonne of lives, but no, uk & US kept it going!

Ah, keep the humming wheels of industry rolling. Nato probably inadvertently caused the war, 'keep poking the bear and see what happens' but I doubt they could have stopped it, wars are easy to start but not so easy to stop.

• Confused 1

On 4/25/2024 at 6:41 AM, PJ71 said:

Great being a cop here, just wait for the grasses to give you a call - happy days.

I thought it said his GF reported him for sexual assault and threatening her with a firearm. hardly a grass.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Absolutely! They don't deserve visa free entry to Thailand.

I am myself a Russian national.

I have obtained a proper Non O-A Retirement Visa at the Thailand Consulate in Moscow, Russia.

Only high quality Russian citizens should be allowed to enter Thailand.

Unfortunately, 90% of Russians who have come to Thailand are low quality people. This is the fact I am observing over the past 15 years of my retirement stay in Thailand.

Stop Visa Free Entry for Citizens of Russia, Kazakhsatan, China, etc.jpg

Since you are a Russian, let me ask you something I am curious about. Another Russian told me he estimated 90% of Russians making $70k a year, or more, were involved in crime. What do you think? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/25/2024 at 6:37 AM, webfact said:

This incident has triggered concerns about domestic abuse and illegal firearms possession among foreigners living in Thai popular tourist areas.

Good they got this piece of scum off the streets, however, what a shame they do not address the same problem with their own Nationals with the same zeal, and news exposure.

• Like 1