Foreigner Assaults Phuket Tuk Tuk Driver Over Fare Disagreement

webfact

9 minutes ago, transam said:

The problem is, it's an Australian's daily hobby, go read his profile/posts, you will be amazed.....😁 

Im aware of his previously activity, soon married to an single mom Isaan lady, buying her 100 lai in sin sod

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

I concur,there's an abundance of peculiar, jaded characters visiting & living here. luckily, the majority flock to places like Pattaya and Phuket. 

You would be amazed what you would find in Isaan and the northern provinces if you where looking. 

Touring the back country on motorbikes, you meet the best of the best.

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sambum said:

"So why is it on this forum we can not use the headline "Brit assaults taxi driver"

Normally they would, but in this case it's a tuk tuk driver - maybe not part of the same mafia family?

Goat made the point:- "So why is it on this forum we can not use the headline "Brit assaults taxi driver"

Headlines running side by side today:-

British tourist held for attacking Thai cab driver - update

Foreign tourist robbed of 80K gold necklace in Pattaya and the opening sentence in the article:-  "A Laotian tourist, Detnakhon Inthakoummane, aged 37, reported being robbed ......."

Just kind of proves my point about Brits usually being mentioned in the headlines, and other nationalities are just "foreigners"!!!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

Just kind of proves my point about Brits usually being mentioned in the headlines, and other nationalities are just "foreigners"!!!

Why do think this is the case and where does this discrimination stem from?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

This is a new low for you, frogs.

Mrs. Smtih said you are talking out your rear end.

She said most Thai people are bone idle and don't want to study.

That's why they get paid what they do.

She studied hard for 7 years, got her masters degree and is now basically richer and more successful than all of her peers.

Moral of the story - you get back out what you put in.

If you aren't happy being paid a 'pittance' then get of your ar*e and make yourself more valuable.

bob.

So speaks a "modern" version of Norman Tebbitt.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Goat said:

A lot of that trouble can be attributed to frozen pensions.

Mental health, economic situation, addicted to substances, relationship failures, and just pure egoistic stupidity with no sense of social codes

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

I'm absolutely certain that this isn't the first case of violence attributed from the esteemed "British" gentleman, Abdulloh, hailing from Bradford....:coffee1:

Wasn't Abdullah the name of the Tuktuk driver?Hailing from Yala ,maybe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Goat said:

Why do think this is the case and where does this discrimination stem from?

Your post, I believe?

"He is obviously a Brit. And obviously in the wrong. Short changed the taxi driver and then physically assaulted him.

So why is it on this forum we can not use the headline "Brit assaults taxi driver"

Swiss Dave wasnt called Foreigner Dave. Russians, Chinese, Indians are always identified form the country they come from.

Why is it that the country that causes the most problems here are protected?

I am a foreigner, and I despise being tarred with the same brush as these idiots."

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Goat said:

You are aware that many posters on this forum have indeed married a single mom Issan lady right? And have paid sin sot for their purity and upstanding in the community.

Rai with ร is an r sound but i concede the single Issan moms do pronounce it with an L sound.

Im married to a Isaan lady, and living the dream in Paradise. No kids

It was intentional using L 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

And of course an Aussie would never attack a Taxi Driver... 

Or going on a drunken rampage https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/jun/07/australian-man-arrested-over-alleged-drunken-rampage-in-indonesia-freed-from-jail

Or attack people on a flight https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/aussie-man-on-qantas-flight-from-bali-wrestled-to-the-floor-after-an-alleged-assault/KL7Q2IUWWRBL3PMUQSOQNMRBOM/

Keep burying your head in the sand if you don't believe Aussie's have a reputation for being badly behaved in Bali... 

Worst thing you can do is feed him!

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Goat said:

He is obviously a Brit. And obviously in the wrong. Short changed the taxi driver and then physically assaulted him.

So why is it on this forum we can not use the headline "Brit assaults taxi driver"

Swiss Dave wasnt called Foreigner Dave. Russians, Chinese, Indians are always identified form the country they come from.

Why is it that the country that causes the most problems here are protected?

I am a foreigner, and I despise being tarred with the same brush as these idiots.

Yes I agree.

Those 2 New Zealanders and the Swiss Kicker are winning hands down then, yet I suspect the Tuk-tuk driver didn't try to overcharge a slightly inebriated Scotchman/Welshman/ Northan Irishman or even an Englishman, as they are as honest a Thai your ever meet in Pooket.

Edited by Jiggo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, save the frogs said:
100 Thai Baht equals 2.15 Pound sterling. That's barely enough for a pack of gum in the UK?
Yeah, that's worth getting into an altercation and risking the other guy having a weapon on him or having friends nearby gang up on you.
And the violent altercation being filmed.
Some people lack survival skills.
But then again, he was drunk.
Which is one reason I don't drink much. Act stupid in public and get yourself killed.

Hi thought that he gave him thousand not hundred, and maybe he was right, why driver didnt shoe him the note he gave. We all know these drivers are shifty, but we all believe their stories

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Sure, he should have his change back. However, resorting to violence, just made him yet another Brit who paves the way for top position in dorks coming to Thailand. Soon immigration at airports will check if UK visa, and place a deportation stamp in it at arrival.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The last sentence did not report the father as saying that his son had done anything of the sort in the past. 

OK, the next to last sentence.  Or last paragraph.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, sambum said:

And if he did hand over 500 or 1000 baht for the 400 baht trip?

A similar event occurred  not long ago with a 'hi-end' Russian tourist couple at a restaurant saying they paid and put the money in the bill folder and that the employee must have taken it....cctv showed otherwise.....maybe this tuk tuk brawl should go to trial by jury and get to the bottom of the cash exchange  issue........ 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Gottfrid said:

Sure, he should have his change back. However, resorting to violence, just made him yet another Brit who paves the way for top position in dorks coming to Thailand. Soon immigration at airports will check if UK visa, and place a deportation stamp in it at arrival.

Stupid post.........:coffee1:

Gottfrid, from the land of Angels.................🤔

• Like 1

Just now, CANSIAM said:

A similar event occurred  not long ago with a 'hi-end' Russian tourist couple at a restaurant saying they paid and put the money in the bill folder and that the employee must have taken it....cctv showed otherwise.....maybe this tuk tuk brawl should go to trial by jury and get to the bottom of the cash exchange  issue........ 

Yes, I remember that and thinking - "You wanted 'em, now you got 'em - quality Russians!" 

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

For  youse what blame the driver what's the penalty for assault and battery on a Taxi man in UK? There is no excuse for violence.

What's the penalty for theft?

5 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

You say "A similar event", but go on to describe an event that is not similar... 🤔