British Tourist Warned Over Criticism of Thailand Online

webfact

10 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Tell them to sod off ,, small dicks cant handle criticism

What a brilliant idea, <deleted> off the Immigration and tourist police in Thailand.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

There are several subjects that are strictly taboo in Thailand, where one is not allowed to discuss them and god 

forbids if you dare to criticise, but this is their country, take it or leave it...

And I and many more, had enough and left it!!!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Really little or no idea, Taboo! Do you think I should leave now or should I wait for warmer weather, London is not on my bucket list 

Laos, Burma, Cambodia and Vietnam are right around the corner...no one is forcing us to stay in Thailand.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Is anyone forcing you to live here?  Don't like Patts? leave!  Look at the UK!  Look at London!

Both the UK and Thailand have done very bad things against the ordinary people, but the big difference is that the UK is by far the  greater of the two evils.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Yeah, sure, anything you say. Must be true, because you said it. The reality is actually much more complex and nuanced, therefore over your head. 

Come on, smartaxx, explain it to me. You are obviously smart and know things. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, RobU said:

I believe the 90 day report was introduced as an anti terrorism thing so they could monitor the whereabouts of all foreign nationals. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe other countries have a similar system. But from what you have said there was a 90 day system in place. You drove to the border every 90 days, isn't that effectively a 90 day reporting system? When I make my report I am often in and out within 15 minutes its actually easier and cheaper than driving to the border. 

There is a lot more in every way and especially financially. I am not going to explain it all, but just say that I will not put the required funds into a Thai bank, although I could afford to. I think you get the drift. As for it being a terrorist thing, surely it is very easy to compare the looks of a western person  to a terrorist.

Edited by NoshowJones

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

You can believe and say what you want, but to me, the election seemed fixed and constructed who was allowed to be candidates, and how they orchestrated the government! 

It seems you describe the land of the free. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, RobU said:

Ouch, it's painful to watch I had to give up half way through

I agree with you.

I only lasted 47 seconds before I dumped it.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you describe the land of the free. 

I left land of free in 95, and now I got one foot out of thailand after living here 8 years almost and visiting 20+ years. Both country lived as a guest

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1

Hany on, isn't Thailand a member of the UN.

Article 19

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Anyone know how to contact the relevant UN office

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Hany on, isn't Thailand a member of the UN.

Article 19

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Anyone know how to contact the relevant UN office

It seems in Thailand he has that right.

And Thailand has the right to extend his visa or not...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

He wasn't very smart. He was supposed to post the videos when he got home. So the Thai censors couldn't help but get angry in front of the mirror.

Thai censorship increasingly strict...

Tony

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I agree with you.

I only lasted 47 seconds before I dumped it.

Yah! You young uns. No stamina😂🤣

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I hope he gets deported ... :coffee1:

Never understood how people choose to live in a country, then bad mouth the place.  Is TH perfect, of course not.   Does it have some major issues ... of course.

No different than the rest of the countries, some better, some not so.   

I'm here by choice (plenty of other options), and not going anywhere.  Though able to live in any country, that would let me in.  Not here by necessity, here by choice.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1

In cases such as this, one must take such postings in context, and take into account so many aspects and considerations; before reaching the inevitable conclusion that the fellow is a brain scrambled plonker!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

All roads lead to Trump. He's driving you mad!

Its called Trump derangement syndrome. It gets in the heads of the far left wachos and they cannot sleep at night nor function in a civilized society. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, praguecr said:

No one ever claimed it is a democracy. It is a Kingdom.

So if I follow your brilliant course of thought, UK, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, aren't democracies either.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Its called Trump derangement syndrome. It gets in the heads of the far left wachos and they cannot sleep at night nor function in a civilized society. 

So what you saying, Biden gives you sleepless nights? 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, john donson said:

the videos still exist... not deleted... he  'unlist' them

but easy to find...

From the profile  info on his YT channel:

"Welcome to my world of Shamanism and entrepreneurship in Thailand! 🌏 Join me on an inspiring journey as I navigate the challenges and triumphs of being an expat entrepreneur and a dedicated plant medicines Shaman, sharing authentic, open, and vulnerable insights into my entrepreneurial journey, personal growth, and the pursuit of excellence ❤️Not only have I embraced Thailand as my new home but also achieved remarkable milestones, including the launch of two thriving businesses and investments in property within just four months."

From watching the above linked video,  one might suspect that he's been dabbling in a bit too much of his "plant medicines"...  🙂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, praguecr said:

No one ever claimed it is a democracy. It is a Kingdom.

So a Kingdom is not a dictatorship? 

Saudi Arabia is a Monarchy 

In some circumstances, monarchies are also considered dictatorships if the monarchs hold a significant amount of political power. Hybrid dictatorships are regimes that have a combination of these classifications

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Not only have I embraced Thailand as my new home but also achieved remarkable milestones, including the launch of two thriving businesses and investments in property within just four months."

From watching the above linked video,  one might suspect that he's been dabbling in a bit too much of his "plant medicines"...

I'm wondering when (if?) the other shoe's gonna drop and catch him up in WP and/or visa issues.