So many lonely guys

georgegeorgia

On 5/4/2024 at 12:17 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

You should grab their walking sticks , and threaten to hit them unless they start walking normally and stop limping 

Dr. George Shufhausen (the third)

George,  I like your posts.

The fact that you ended up in the situation with "Eric" and the band of Thai freeloaders is far more interesting than the view from a condo window.  Good on you for getting out there and meeting new people. I'd have thrown down a thousand baht and got everybody good and drunk, just for my own amusement.  

I spend a lot of time alone, yet love talking to new people.  Some people who appear on the surface to be boring really aren't. If you can ask the right questions in the correct manner many people will relate stories about interesting life experiences and some unique ideas.  My friends over here are not open to meeting new people so I piss them off by inviting strangers to sit at our table.  The results have been mixed, but usually goes very well or very badly.  I don't approach or impose myself on others.

One of the nice things about retiring here is that you can have as busy or quiet a life as your temperament and budget dictate. If you don't like small rooms you'll need to move further out or bank money for a few more years. By the time you've got "enough" it might be at the point in life that your desires (or body) have died. 

• Love It 1

Posted (edited)

On 5/4/2024 at 10:25 AM, simon43 said:

GG, if you want this problem to go away, I suggest you remove your profile from Grindr... 🙂

Erm....    :whistling:    

On 5/4/2024 at 8:12 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Yes 

I went back to a man's condo last Wednesday night.

Pitcher or catcher ?

Postman or Letter box ?

Edited by richard_smith237

17 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

By the time you've got "enough" it might be at the point in life that your desires (or body) have died. 

Part of what makes something desirable and exciting is lack of it.

Sitting in the Usa, Pattaya looks like paradise. Once I got here I don't feel like enjoying it much. Another word for it is "overkill". Too much of something makes it less desirable because there is no challenge involved in obtaining it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Part of what makes something desirable and exciting is lack of it.

Sitting in the Usa, Pattaya looks like paradise. Once I got here I don't feel like enjoying it much. Another word for it is "overkill". Too much of something makes it less desirable because there is no challenge involved in obtaining it.

6ee08d45f7a94d4c6fda9ee84833054a687ddf77

“HAVING IS NOT SO PLEASING A THING, AFTER ALL, AS WANTING. IT IS NOT LOGICAL BUT OFTEN TRUE.” – SPOCK (AMOK TIME, STAR TREK TOS)

I love being here for many reasons. The sunshine, food, poontang when needed and solitude the rest of the time. The low cost of living allowed me to retire early. There is a lot more personal freedom here than in Canada.  One can blame our witless ruler but it's all done with the consent of the majority of the governed. 

3 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

6ee08d45f7a94d4c6fda9ee84833054a687ddf77

“HAVING IS NOT SO PLEASING A THING, AFTER ALL, AS WANTING. IT IS NOT LOGICAL BUT OFTEN TRUE.” – SPOCK (AMOK TIME, STAR TREK TOS)

I love being here for many reasons. The sunshine, food, poontang when needed and solitude the rest of the time. The low cost of living allowed me to retire early. There is a lot more personal freedom here than in Canada.  One can blame our witless ruler but it's all done with the consent of the majority of the governed. 

A main reason why gamblers keep playing whether they are winning or losing. Or if they win big, they return after a short time.

The rush is from the attempt and expectation of winning and has nothing to do with the amount money being gained.

Posted (edited)

If you easily offended, or in any way socially disturbed, follow Kamelas advise, Thailand is not for you

Edited by Hummin

On 5/4/2024 at 5:51 AM, JimTripper said:

Which VT are you in and for how long?

These types of interactions are there. I think part if it is the bar scene here. Guys are used to sitting at a barstool near other guys and expecting a conversation.

I also interpret some if it as gay, but it depends on the guy. It's always at the back of my mind. 

No gay farang living here is going to want to talk to another farang expat to try to hit on them ....Why would they want an old fat loser when they can choose from all the fit, attractive young smiling and happy Thai guys? 😂

.... So dont worry about that. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

No gay farang living here is going to want to talk to another farang expat to try to hit on them ....Why would they want an old fat loser when they can choose from all the fit, attractive young smiling and happy Thai guys? 😂

For the same reason bars are filled all over with men talking to other men of similar circumstances and backgrounds.

Penis size?

• Haha 1

So they are wasting their time going to gyms?

On 5/4/2024 at 9:00 PM, CHdiver said:

Instead you should have walked the other way. Just past Soi 1 BeachRd. Jomtien, you see a newish red Building. Ground floor has a Gym with Aircon. Its not freezing cold and its not too expensive, you even get free cold water (but bring your own bottle).

Btw. does Tonys still sell lifetime Memberships for 6k baht, or was it 10K? Anyway, In that case the mentioned Gym may be too expensive for you. I do not want that you can't afford the aircon in your shoebox and then it will be as hot in your shoebox as the shoebox of the other Gents you complain about. 

No. Please don't send him to that one. I use it.

• Haha 2

i been going there since 2004.  Of course there are some lonely people there. Happens anywhere.  What I hated to see was the middle aged to older folks that were burned out, sitting at the bottom of Pattaya Klang. Their cash ran out long ago.  Now barely scraping by on some meager social security or disability pension or maybe minimal staff seargeant pay etc.. 

This is clearly bait. Anyway.

How to make new friends?

By showing anti societal behavior.

Am I part of a society or am I just a battery?

Bonus: A battery that has to make money that can be taxed so a boomer's pensions get paid?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

i been going there since 2004.  Of course there are some lonely people there. Happens anywhere.  What I hated to see was the middle aged to older folks that were burned out, sitting at the bottom of Pattaya Klang. Their cash ran out long ago.  Now barely scraping by on some meager social security or disability pension or maybe minimal staff seargeant pay etc.. 

First off, how do you know they're burned out and have run out of cash? There are many people here that have a load of retirement cash but still sit in bars buying 60 baht beer so you might think they're scraping by....

Also what's at the bottom of Pattaya Klang? I assume you're talking about the cheap beach road bars corner of soi 7? Those people always seem to be having a lot of fun when I walk by 🍺🍺 

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

First off, how do you know they're burned out and have run out of cash? There are many people here that have a load of retirement cash but still sit in bars buying 60 baht beer so you might think they're scraping by....

True. The topic is just one of the OP's constant attempts, complete with fictional incidents, to feel superior and enjoy schadenfreude.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Says the guy who at age 68 is still on the fence. I stopped going to the bars there cause of daily checkpoint.