90 Day reporting- registered mail-no response!

Posted (edited)

I like many others, have been unsuccessful doing the 90-day report online and have been rejected three times even though I was in the required time limits.

I then sent by registered post my application with a SAE, and it was received on April 29th.

Furthermore, I still have not received my confirmation slip, but I have proof it was collected by Immigration security. Track and Trace at Thailand Post.

Do I just forget it and show them the proof in late June when I renew by annual extension, or is it a drive to immigration, to avoid a fine for nothing?

They are not picking up the phone, by the way, it is permanently engaged.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Do I just forget it and show them the proof in late June when I renew by annual extension

That's what I'd do. Where's it say in the rule book that it won't be accepted? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I then sent by registered post my application with a SAE, and it was received on April 29th.

Furthermore, I still have not received my confirmation slip, but I have proof it was collected by Immigration security. Track and Trace at Thailand Post.

Today is only the eighth day, the Immigration website says to wait for 1 month (it rarely takes that long, though) before contacting them with your registered mail receipt.

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=1666

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I like many others, have been unsuccessful doing the 90-day report online and have been rejected three times even though I was in the required time limits.

Do I just forget it and show them the proof in late June when I renew by annual extension, or is it a drive to immigration, to avoid a fine for nothing?

They are not picking up the phone, by the way, it is permanently engaged.

14 years by post, EMS, keep receipts. You don't always get a receipt, someone steals the postage stamp on your return envelope. I've gotten receipts for Chinese woman's reporting. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NevisIndustry said:

I would not worry. When doing this kind of reporting myself, I never received back the confirmation before lapse of 6-8 weeks. 

strange, I did the mail-in version for many years and always received my receipt.  Then last year, the online bumped me out for some reason so I waited until I had t do something else and did it then as it was still within the 15/7 day windo.  Good luck and as advised, wait 30-days and then show them the receipt you have from the post office.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Took 7 weeks for me to get it back one time so now I do online

Agree,

But I went this route after the online route failed three times.

9 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Don't IO offices not usually make up their own rules?

Only if you let them. Every office has the rule book. All you gotta do is ask to see it.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Only if you let them. Every office has the rule book. All you gotta do is ask to see it.

True, then they lose face, then------

• Thumbs Up 1

I have always received my new reporting date by mail except for last year when the postage for the return envelope was increased to the SMS rate (37.5 Baht). When my new reporting date wasn’t returned after about two months, I went to CW and received my new reporting date without any fine.  I think that some online pages still say the postage for the return envelope.  That is wrong.  The amount is now 37.5 Baht.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

For myself, I have always preferred to go in person to CW. Simple, quick, and job done in under an hour.

Why folk post this stuff amazes me.

One hour at CW maybe.

Travel to and from CW is another matter, esp for those without car. 

The OP will receive reply for mail application in due course. 

Can take few weeks after due date. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Allow more time. For myself, I have always preferred to go in person to CW. Simple, quick, and job done in under an hour.

For you, maybe not for others, the others are not you...........:saai:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Agree,

But I went this route after the online route failed three times.

Which immigration office are we actually talking about here, please?

Your SE Asia location covers a pretty wide area! 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, OJAS said:

Which immigration office are we actually talking about here, please?

Your SE Asia location covers a pretty wide area! 

Kalasin Thailand.

Fairly obvious, I am in Thailand asking about mail in 90 day reporting.

Edited by Scouse123

11 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

I have always received my new reporting date by mail except for last year when the postage for the return envelope was increased to the SMS rate (37.5 Baht). When my new reporting date wasn’t returned after about two months, I went to CW and received my new reporting date without any fine.  I think that some online pages still say the postage for the return envelope.  That is wrong.  The amount is now 37.5 Baht.

It asked me to pout a 10 baht stamp on the SAE, it's only a slip of paper.

I am in the outer reaches of Kalasin and the main office is in the city of Kalasin.

We managed to get through, and the IO says he was the one that collected the mail, and he remembers it, and will now send out the receipt in the attached SAE now that we have contacted him.

Confused?  So am I.

But he has verbally confirmed receipt and I have the track and trace receipt from Thailand Post.

15 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

I don't understand this.  You are saying the 10 baht stamp on the return envelope is no longer accepted at Chaengwattana?  Thanks for clarifying.  I am about to mail it in.  

12 minutes ago, ricklev said:

I don't understand this.  You are saying the 10 baht stamp on the return envelope is no longer accepted at Chaengwattana?  Thanks for clarifying.  I am about to mail it in.  

New one to me is this.

36 minutes ago, ricklev said:

You are saying the 10 baht stamp on the return envelope is no longer accepted at Chaengwattana? 

When I did mail-in to CW I ALWAYS used 37 baht in stamps or had the Thai PO apply a 37 baht EMS sticker for the return envelope, for EMS return. For the last few returns CW would apply a new EMS ticker.

In rural areas, any old postage might work.

Perhaps if you have made an advance appointment one hour might be valid - but a month ago the walk in queue was over 300 at 1030 and processed at 1630 little or no seats available inside CW immigration.

Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

This does not appear to have been done.

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=1666

31 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

When I did mail-in to CW I ALWAYS used 37 baht in stamps or had the Thai PO apply a 37 baht EMS sticker for the return envelope, for EMS return. For the last few returns CW would apply a new EMS ticker.

In rural areas, any old postage might work.

I guess it is just 10 baht regular postage required as always and the wrong postage on an EMS sticker means they couldn't send it back to you.  Not sure what good putting an EMS sticker on the return envelope does though?  Can't hurt, I suppose.  

46 minutes ago, ricklev said:

Iguess it is just 10 baht regular postage required as always and the wrong postage on an EMS sticker means they couldn't send it back to you.  Not sure what good putting an EMS sticker on the return envelope does though?  Can't hurt, I suppose.  

I received ~ 20 (out of ~ 20; 100% submitted) Receipts of Notification using 37 baht return postage. Initially, I used 37 baht EMS stickers, then started using 37 Baht in stamps.

During this period that was the recommended option here, by quite a few people.

The time that I didn’t receive a reply, I had put on a ten baht stamp.   When I went to CW, they told me that the new postage requirement was the cost of sending the return envelope by SMS - 37.5 Baht.  Apparently that amount in stamps is OK too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Perhaps if you have made an advance appointment one hour might be valid - but a month ago the walk in queue was over 300 at 1030 and processed at 1630 little or no seats available inside CW immigration.

Yesterday, I went to CW at 1pm and received my ticket which was #303. At the time #155 was being served.

Went for my usual slow-paced walk-about downstairs stopping for lunch and to do some window shopping. One hour later I checked the board and saw that #186 was being served.

I went inside with the intention to see how many of the 'A' counters were staffed but bumped into my agent on the way. After a brief chat, she asked for my PP and paperwork and said she would do it for me. Told me to find a seat somewhere near. She returned 10 mins later with everything all done and dusted. 

In the past I've always got there at 1pm for reporting and usually I'd get away around 3pm. Yesterday was much busier than usual. 

22 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Kalasin Thailand.

Fairly obvious, I am in Thailand asking about mail in 90 day reporting.

And equally fairly obvious that you have now craftily amended your profile to make your location a tad more specific.