Aussie Woman Reveals Harrowing Tales from Infamous Thai Prison

webfact

1 hour ago, freeworld said:

Don't think so. Govt locking people up and then treating them inhumanely is not how its supposed to work. Of course she should be punished but for them to allow and treat prisoners as objects is not OK.

oh '    so they should offer her a nice room in a hotel and a hot cup of tea then. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you're going on "a book and videos", you know nothing about the conditions of Klong Prem, the facility that also houses the women's prison.    Without exception, all of them comprise over-dramatic exaggerations and lies with the only intentions being to create agitation and as much money as possible for the authors or producers.

So you have been there? What was the charge and how long were you in prison? If I may ask. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Asian countries are well known for having onerous penalties for anything drug-related. Remember Barlow and Chambers?

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I have.

Yes, you may ask but it is none of your business.

I find that hard to believe - are you still in Thailand as a regular Expat or do you just visit? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:
6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I have.

Yes, you may ask but it is none of your business.

I find that hard to believe - are you still in Thailand as a regular Expat or do you just visit? 

You can believe whatever you like, I don't care.  Yes, I still live in Thailand.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

As an Expat with a crimnal record and having served jail time in the Bangkok Hilton??  I would accept that you are back in Liverpool or wherever - but you are still in Thailand and getting annual renewals despite conviction and jail time?  Could you explain how you have been able to do that? 

Yes, I was in Klong Prem.  I do not need to explain the specifics.

You seem to think that jail records and police cell incarcerations/court appearances (I also spent a few weeks in Lumpini police cells in separate circumstances) preclude the provision of visas/extentions; as I posted earlier, I still live in Thailand, legally.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I watched the podcast on her only the other day, she had been an addict since the age of 14, she got what she deserved although she only did 7 years and 6 months in Thailand, went back to Aus to do another 5 years, 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

"The Damage Done" was a decent read, but once you've read one of these 'locked up in Thailand' stories you've read them all. 

Smuggling drugs in Thailand has to be one of the dumbest things you can do (but not quite as dumb as smuggling drugs in Indonesia).

fully agree damage done was my first read before my first trip to Thailand in 1990, makes you aware of the dangers in dealing with drugs in Asia didnt and never went anywhere near that gear.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

As an Expat with a crimnal record and having served jail time in the Bangkok Hilton??  I would accept that you are back in Liverpool or wherever - but you are still in Thailand and getting annual renewals despite conviction and jail time?  Could you explain how you have been able to do that? 

My son was locked up in the Immigration jail for several days whilst his deportation was arranged. I understand all foreign "criminals"  who are locked up are subsequently deported. He was caught working without a permit...Hardly a criminal act!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks convict. Newsflash: Prison is hard. Now pissoff. Prison should suck, and suck harded for drug trafficking. GTFOH. I'm more annoyed she skated early on a 30 yr sentence. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I thought it wasn't allowed to make money out of a crime you committed, even writing about it yet alone on TV and Newspapers. :unsure: 

Do you live under a rock?

Many of books from former ( or still active criminals ) are some of the best selling books there's been.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

"The Damage Done" was a decent read, but once you've read one of these 'locked up in Thailand' stories you've read them all. 

Smuggling drugs in Thailand has to be one of the dumbest things you can do (but not quite as dumb as smuggling drugs in Indonesia).

I thought send then to hell was the best I read

She dodged the death penalty and spent the last 5 years of her sentence in an Australian prison.

Overall, I would say she has very little to complain about.

As Baretta always said "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, In Full Agreement said:

Right O.

But not in this case.

If your into watching unattractive, middle aged convicted drug smugglers on OnlyFans then go for it.

Probably best to keep it to yourself though... 😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nikmar said:

maybe now we'll get Tammant's story from his time in an Aussie prison - Tammanat's Hell!!

'Jailed for smuggling Self Raising flour. It raised me up to be a government minister.'😀

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Holly Deane-Johns, an Australian woman who spent seven gruelling years in a Thai prison for heroin trafficking, has opened up about the appalling conditions she endured in the notorious Lardyao Women’s Correctional Institution, often dubbed the "Bangkok Hilton."

In 2000, Holly, then aged 29, was caught trying to mail a parcel of heroin to her family in Perth. She faced the death penalty but was instead sentenced to 31 years in the overcrowded and squalid prison.

Speaking on the True Crime Australia podcast with Gary Jubelin, Holly recounted the horror she faced upon arrival. “More than 100 Thai women were sitting on blankets. I asked if anyone spoke English, and one woman raised her hand.

She found me a spot to sleep, but there was literally no visible floor space,” she said. The woman instructed others to lie down, revealing a sliver of the floor about nine inches wide. “That was my bed for the next seven years.”

Prisoners had to bring their own essentials. “Some couldn’t afford blankets. I bought a couple and folded them to sleep on,” Holly shared.

image.jpegPicture courtesy of Holly Deane-Johns via Daily Star UK

She detailed the primitive conditions, “In my section, there were 2,000 women and only 10 toilets in the yard. Fights over sleeping spots and washing facilities were common. As soon as the cell doors opened, it was a stampede to the trough of cold water. You had to strip naked before the doors opened, or others would pull at your clothes to slow you down.”

Her first shower was nearly violent. “A trustee looked like she’d hit me with a metal bar for being slow, but I made it clear I’d fight back. We later became friends, and she let me store my blankets safely.”

Holly faced relentless stress and frequent fights. “My first fight was with a friend, and I don’t even know what it was about. It was that crazy.”

Even using the toilets was traumatic. “There was no privacy. I didn’t use the toilet for a month because I was so embarrassed. Eventually, I realised I had to adapt. I decided to live like a Thai.”

After a long campaign, Holly was transferred to an Australian prison in 2007, where she served another five years before her release in 2012. Since then, she has authored a book titled “Holly’s Hell,” detailing her harrowing experience in the Bangkok Hilton, shedding light on the brutal reality behind its walls.

Picture courtesy of Holly Deane-Johns via Daily Star UK

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-16

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

She got what she deserved in Thailand🙏

• Agree 1